Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

mcjimbo's journey and POE experience...

Wikiposts

mcjimbo's journey and POE experience...

Old Jun 13th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: mcjimbo's journey and POE experience...

Congratulations!!!!!! What a story! Keep us posted on wedding preparations... and congratulations on that EAD!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

Congratulations and best wishes to you both!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 1:17 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Thanks a lot everyone.

Feel's great to be here, im still coming to terms with my sleeping patterns. I went to bed at 8pm lastnight and work up this morning at 4am ... so my body is a little out of whack.

Instead of annoying Angie and waking her up I decided to put my energy to good use and finish off building our Ikea wardrobes! Woot Woot!

Lastnight I painted the walls in our rooms a nice light shade of green, they look really cool. It's so exciting getting our new home together. At some point i'm going to have to tackle the unpacking the luggage and getting all that organised and squared away.

So far, so good!

Nial in response to your question I got my flight with ATA from Laguardia to Chicago Midway to Milwaukee for $197 all up! Pretty good I thought. I found the flight on Expedia, and there were other dates at the same price so give it a try.

Alright back to home improvements!

James
Old Jun 14th 2004, 2:05 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see you made it over safe, James!!! Now enjoy the rest of your lives TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

Kate. xxx
Old Jun 14th 2004, 2:25 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your sucessful trip. 16 hours door to door is not too bad- my last return from Spain was something like 23...uffff!

Best of luck!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:11 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Thanks a lot everyone.

Feel's great to be here, im still coming to terms with my sleeping patterns. I went to bed at 8pm lastnight and work up this morning at 4am ... so my body is a little out of whack.

Instead of annoying Angie and waking her up I decided to put my energy to good use and finish off building our Ikea wardrobes! Woot Woot!

Lastnight I painted the walls in our rooms a nice light shade of green, they look really cool. It's so exciting getting our new home together. At some point i'm going to have to tackle the unpacking the luggage and getting all that organised and squared away.

So far, so good!

Nial in response to your question I got my flight with ATA from Laguardia to Chicago Midway to Milwaukee for $197 all up! Pretty good I thought. I found the flight on Expedia, and there were other dates at the same price so give it a try.

Alright back to home improvements!

James

Lol James, I am glad to hear you are doing ok!!
Keep us updated, if you dissapear I will miss you
Take care!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:17 am
Exile

"mcjimbo" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Well I made it in one piece!

Congratulations mate!

I'll be following your news closely as you now try to get work and an SS#
Best of luck!

Andy

Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:19 am
Exile

> Lastnight I painted the walls in our rooms a nice light shade
    > of green

Green! Don't you know that Americans only have white or magnolia!?
Actually, I painted my other half's apartment green because she watches too
much "Changing Rooms" ;-)

Andy

Old Jun 14th 2004, 5:21 am
Exile

Default Little Hitlers

"mcjimbo" wrote:
    > I worried the entire flight as I
    > had a tight connection in New York flying at from a different airport to
    > the one I was landing at (JFK). We finally landed at 6.00pm and I didn't
    > get off the plane and through immigration until 6.10pm. I handed the
    > immigration guy my passport and envelope from the embassy which he
    > opened and started to review. He didn't really ask me much and was
    > whistling away while checking everything. He then stamped my passport,
    > and I freaked thinking what aboutt he Temporary work stamp. So I asked
    > "Apparently I can get a temporary work stamp". Well he went off on a
    > rant saying "Look son, your a guest in my country and not entitled to
    > anything, I may opt to give you something but you can't ask me for it".

I've found this kind of attitude from just about anyone in authority in the
US.
Usually the lowlier the position, the harder they like to make your life in
my experience.
Don't even get me started on the "Kindergarten" Cops!

Andy

Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Exile
    > Lastnight I painted the walls in our rooms a nice light shade
    > of green

Green! Don't you know that Americans only have white or magnolia!?
Actually, I painted my other half's apartment green because she watches too
much "Changing Rooms" ;-)

Andy
I'm the American USC, and all my life I've lived with white walls in my various homes...both growing up and as an adult. Just last year I decided to put color in my life and painted 3 of the 4 living room walls a shade of medium olive-green. It's a very earthy tone, very calming, very elegant, and very....ummm...colorful! LOL I love it more than I would have thought! I loved it so much that I painted one wall in my bedroom a very dark brick red color, and that looks fantastic, too! Just so you know, the one wall in the living room that isn't green, is a creamy off-white; and the other walls in the bedroom are white but with a very slight pink to them. Hey, I could be on that decorating show now!

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:23 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
I'm the American USC, and all my life I've lived with white walls in my various homes...both growing up and as an adult. Just last year I decided to put color in my life and painted 3 of the 4 living room walls a shade of medium olive-green. It's a very earthy tone, very calming, very elegant, and very....ummm...colorful! LOL I love it more than I would have thought! I loved it so much that I painted one wall in my bedroom a very dark brick red color, and that looks fantastic, too! Just so you know, the one wall in the living room that isn't green, is a creamy off-white; and the other walls in the bedroom are white but with a very slight pink to them. Hey, I could be on that decorating show now!

Rene
Heck yeah you could!!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 10:37 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear you made it in one piece after such a journey! Have fun with the start of your new life...
Old Jun 14th 2004, 1:48 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Woo - Hoo!
HUGE congratulations Jim! I know you'll be relieved after such a hassle with your K1, now the immense headache of the AOS will begin!!
Best Wishes
Sarah
Old Jun 15th 2004, 5:58 am
Exile

"Noorah101" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Just last year I decided to put color in my
    > life and painted 3 of the 4 living room walls a shade of medium olive-
    > green...
    > ...I loved it so much that I painted one wall in my bedroom a very dark
    > brick red color

Still, next time you come to do it you'll be able to better estimate the
amount of paint required so that you can do *all* the walls ;-)

Andy

Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:29 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

This home improvement stuff is great!

We are fitting new ceiling with tiles today, and can lighting. All looking very funky, plus wiring up all the new sockets we put in. I'm learning so much, makes me even more excited for the day I buy my own home and start doing it up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.