Reload this Page >

Matt Udall's "temper tantrum" toward Alvena

Matt Udall's "temper tantrum" toward Alvena

Old Sep 12th 2002, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Tina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Matt Udall's "temper tantrum" toward Alvena

Matt Udall is throwing a fit on k1.exit.com
It seems he wants Alvena and Doc Steen to be sued for their advice to immigrants. He is accusing Alvena of taking blood money.

I have to say thank you to Alvena for all of her advice in the past. It has helped me and kept my family in tact. The thought of her being threatened is sad. She gives her time freely and does so much research for strangers so that families can be together.

I can't believe he is doing this. Alvena, I hope you know we appreciate you.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

gardencity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Matt Udall's "temper tantrum" toward Alvena

Where can I find the 'fit'? Pls provide the weblink. If it is true, it is really bad news for those who needed the 'service/advice'. Then again, how could Alevena and Steen be sued?

Really puzzled

Originally posted by Tina:
Matt Udall is throwing a fit on k1.exit.com
It seems he wants Alvena and Doc Steen to be sued for their advice to immigrants. He is accusing Alvena of taking blood money.

I have to say thank you to Alvena for all of her advice in the past. It has helped me and kept my family in tact. The thought of her being threatened is sad. She gives her time freely and does so much research for strangers so that families can be together.

I can't believe he is doing this. Alvena, I hope you know we appreciate you.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

gardencity is an unknown quantity at this point

I found the weblink. Sure hope MU wasn't involved. Also that info-forum like these will continue to see the light of day...for sake of so many who are jumping the hoops/or about to jump the hoops.

Originally posted by gardencity:
Where can I find the 'fit'? Pls provide the weblink. If it is true, it is really bad news for those who needed the 'service/advice'. Then again, how could Alevena and Steen be sued?

Really puzzled
Old Sep 12th 2002, 4:26 pm
Shannon

Originally posted by gardencity:

Really puzzled
It is under the MESSAGEBOARD link, the thread titled "Terrorists on this message board". His post is the one titled "Alvena's site and blood money".

It is a bit excessive.

Shannon

Old Sep 12th 2002, 4:27 pm
Shannon

Here is the text of the post in question. I think it is more a case of strong feelings than anything else.
--------------------------------- Quote ----------------
MU
Alvena's Site and Blood Money
Wed Sep 11 19:42:47 2002

I believe Alvena still is the webmaster for this site (according to recent postings in the other news group), although she does not seem to update it anymore and a lot of the information seems to be getting out of date (meaning perhaps dangerous to the immigration community). So why does she keep the site up? My guess is the money she makes due to the advertising that goes on here (but that's just my guess).

Perhaps I'm just a little sensitive about this today in light of the fact its the 1 year anniversary of the terror attacks and the media coverage I've watched today, however this very site contains information and "tips" on how non-Americans located outside the U.S. can fool immigration officers at the point of entry as to their true intentions upon entry (thus committing an illegal act at the point of entry).

On September 12th of last year, I wrote Alvena a rather stern e-mail voicing my strong opinion and displeasure that her actions (pages and personal advise she used to give over and over again in public forums) were being read by "all sorts" of people across the world (the innocent as well as the guilty) and that I personally thought her actions made it harder for INS officers at the point of entry to do their jobs in keeping out those who should not have been let in due to their intent. The heading on her old "Tourist Adjustment" page used to read something to the effect of, "Here is a list of recommendations on how to immigrate to the U.S. with a tourist visa" (I'm paraphrasing here as I don't have her file in front of me where I keep a copy of her pre-9/11 page). Again, her "recommendations" were accessable by anybody on the planet with a computer, who may have been an innocent fiancee who wanted to bypass the proper visa or a terrorist who may have used her "tips" to help him or her enter the United States.

I do believe she was not purposefully trying to help the "bad guys" with information on how to fool INS officers at the point of entry, but her intended target audiance is irrelevant and she was definately putting out information to help those she "thought" she was helping on how to fool INS officers at entry as to their true intentions. She had no way to limit her publicly dispensed legal advice (or should I say "illegal" advice) to love sick fiancee's.

In my letter to her on 09/12/01, I mentioned that I hoped she was happy now and that her continued advice along these lines, in my opinion, was appalling. She replied back saying her site did no such thing, but then a few hours later she changed the heading on her page to say, "there are NOT recommendations....", although the heading is the only thing that has changed... the tips are still there for the world to read.

I'm only guessing here, but since the Kentucky Bar looked at the scope of her activity and decided it amounted to the unlicensed practice of immigration law, and in light of what happened on 09/11/01 and what her pages (and in person advice) did in instructing people how to thwart the INS officer at the POE, I'm not surprised she's keeping a low profile.

Personally I think she should be ashamed of herself, and I hope she chokes on her blood money (Like I said, perhaps I'm just a little more sensitive to this issue in light of the media coverage I've been watching today, and I don't expect my opinion will be popular with Alvena's followers/clients).

M.U. ]

Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

The link is http://k1.exit.com He is argueing with Miki
Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

You may be right, but that is still irresponsible language for an attorney. I hope Alvena does not get too upset at his attack. She is a good person. No one is perfect. She helped us out so much with the AOS. She does not deserve this blatant attack.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:28 pm
Grinch

"Shannon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Here is the text of the post in question. I think it is more a case of strong
    > feelings than anything else.

Did you have the original posters permission to duplicate that post? In fact did you
have the website you took it from's permission?

Grinch

Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:40 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Tina:
You may be right, but that is still irresponsible language for an attorney. I hope Alvena does not get too upset at his attack. She is a good person. No one is perfect. She helped us out so much with the AOS. She does not deserve this blatant attack.
Alvena has been through this before. When her "activities" were reported to the Kentucky bar association, by some unscrupulous person who, no doubt, is thinking that some lawyer is losing business because Alvena tells people how to do things without one. Your guess is good as mine, but my instinct tells me that it was probably a lawyer whose behind all of this. This really stinks. People like us have saved a bunch of money, because of this newsgroup and people like Alvena. Not everyone has a couple of thousand or more to spend on lawyers.
Ranjini
Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:42 pm
Mrtravel

Tina wrote:
    > Matt Udall is throwing a fit on k1.exit.com It seems he wants Alvena and Doc
    > Steen to be sued for their advice to immigrants. He is accusing Alvena of taking
    > blood money.

So, if we want to go there, we will see it. Why does this need to be brought up here?
If the data on the site is out of date or wrong, then bringing that issue up on THAT
SITE is no improper. So, it makes sense to wonder why there would be a site that
exists without up to date information, except to gain revenue. I am NOT making this
accusation, only saying that I see Matt's point.

If the site is not being updated and is wrong, why continue to keep it?

Old Sep 12th 2002, 7:05 pm
Mjones

Matt does that now and then. Once a year or so, he will point out how one of our
websites is full of errors, or outdated, or whatever. It makes less of an impact if
one has seen it before. Alvena didn't even write the tourist visa adjustment page,
she just "rescued" it when the original author removed it from his own website, due
to a potential legal liability problem. The page itself was written as a response to
my challenges (beginning somewhere around Dec 1999) to formalize the tourist visa AOS
into a "method", knowing full well the entry at POE was the whole point. The original
author sent me an email on Sept 7, 2000, with the original URL. (Thats just trivia
for the end of the year quiz) Alvenas site is now hosted by an attorney (not an
immigration attorney) under his own name and protection, yet who has nothing to do
with its content, as a result of the "Kentucky Bar Incident" of last summer. Doc
Steen also went thru a K1 process, I believe, and he felt the site was perhaps too
valuable to lose permanently. Alvena may have maintained it, but it looked like there
was an intentional disconnect to shield her from liability. Just my guess. The issue
of the ads and such on the Doc Steen site comes up at random intervals. The last time
Alvena was confronted about it in the NG, Doc Steen posted in the NG to threaten the
"attacker" with a deportation order ("just get your file, and begin working the
rules"). Geez. When Alvena first put up her site, banner ads had not even been
invented, now everybody has them. Mike
--
http://www.txdirect.net/us-
ers/mike38/faq_index.htm
MSBE http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm K Visa FAQ

------------------------------------------------------
"Tina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Matt Udall is throwing a fit on k1.exit.com It seems he wants Alvena and Doc
    > Steen to be sued for their advice to immigrants. He is accusing Alvena of taking
    > blood money.
    > I have to say thank you to Alvena for all of her advice in the past. It has helped
    > me and kept my family in tact. The thought of her being threatened is sad. She
    > gives her time freely and does so much research for strangers so that families can
    > be together.
    > I can't believe he is doing this. Alvena, I hope you know we appreciate you.

Old Sep 12th 2002, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

peter d'souza is an unknown quantity at this point

Alvena's site is the most comprehensive source of info on immigration to USA via marriage. The info is superbly well presented.
Thousands of people have saved tons of money by getting all the info they need through her website thereby avoiding the need to hire immigration lawyers. No wonder udall cannot bear it . After all , udall is only interested in fleecing clients through outrageous attorney fees. udall uses this forum only for cheap publicity, subtle spamming as obvious from his other posts.
As for the crap udall uttered about terrorists using Alvena's advice on getting into the States ask urself this : should air travel be permanently stopped just so that other skyscrapers remain safe? Common sense says no.Likewise should thousands of innocent people be denied access to Alvena's website just so that no potential terrorist misuses the info?
The truth is apparent: greedy attorneys will do anything to harm genuinely helpful people like Alvena simply to increase thier own billings.
The best way to deal with such shitholes is to not even acknowledge they exist for if left alone shit gradually rots away and then disappears up its own ass. Lick that.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 9:17 pm
Shannon

Originally posted by Grinch:
"Shannon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Here is the text of the post in question. I think it is more a case of strong
    > feelings than anything else.

Did you have the original posters permission to duplicate that post? In fact did you
have the website you took it from's permission?

Grinch
I am sorry if I caused offence by inserting the post. I shall not do so again.

I found both Mathew Udall and Alvena's sites provided valuable information during my AOS process, and saw both as reasonable people. I was curious as to what the fuss was about and noticed others asking for links to the thread in question.

S

Old Sep 12th 2002, 9:33 pm
Marilou920

>Subject: Matt Udall's "temper tantrum" toward Alvena From: Tina
    >[email protected] Date: 9/12/02 8:18 AM Central Daylight Time Message-id:
    ><[email protected]>
    >Matt Udall is throwing a fit on k1.exit.com It seems he wants Alvena and Doc
    >Steen to be sued for their advice to immigrants. He is accusing Alvena of taking
    >blood money.
    >I have to say thank you to Alvena for all of her advice in the past. It has helped
    >me and kept my family in tact. The thought of her being threatened is sad. She
    >gives her time freely and does so much research for strangers so that families can
    >be together.
    >I can't believe he is doing this. Alvena, I hope you know we appreciate you.
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Why this people don't leave others alone. I agree with you about Alvena and Doc
Steen, they are both good people and give free help.

Old Sep 12th 2002, 9:35 pm
Marilou920

>Subject: Matt Udall's "temper tantrum" toward Alvena From: Tina
    >[email protected] Date: 9/12/02 8:18 AM Central Daylight Time Message-id:
    ><[email protected]>
    >Matt Udall is throwing a fit on k1.exit.com It seems he wants Alvena and Doc
    >Steen to be sued for their advice to immigrants. He is accusing Alvena of taking
    >blood money.
    >I have to say thank you to Alvena for all of her advice in the past. It has helped
    >me and kept my family in tact. The thought of her being threatened is sad. She
    >gives her time freely and does so much research for strangers so that families can
    >be together.
    >I can't believe he is doing this. Alvena, I hope you know we appreciate you.
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Oh by the way Udall, have you visited aol immigration board? there are two people
there giving free help. The board is very popular. This two people are not getting
any money but free help. The board is own by aol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.