Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Marrying my U.S boyfriend

Marrying my U.S boyfriend

Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying my U.S boyfriend

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Nice catch Ian! I take it this is a former poster back with a new name?
LOL..google is your friend ....
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
LOL..google is your friend ....
LOL

You guys must have too much time on your hands!! Brill!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Nice catch Ian!
Thanks... but I can't take credit for someone else's work... and she knows who she is!

Ian
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

fluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nice

I have just spent a (very short) week with my girlfriend in the UK whom I met last year whilst travelling, and i have posted on this forum about needing marriage info and VWP and AOS etc etc......i do not understand the need to rush this thing....as I understand it marrying under the VWP and then adjusting status is TOTALLY ILLEGAL! So, I am over to visit my young lady on the west coast and just need to 'take it easy' to see what will happen.

But, what I do understand is that terminology is everything and after help o nthis site you all have me terrified that i will be interogated at the POE!! haha.....and yes......'i am visiting' as opposed to 'i am living' will go a long way......

so, i aim to be patient and not rush rush rush 90 day VWP...marriage....Adjust status.....
I have been married before and have to make sure that this is what i want and i hope others would do the same.....
besides, if you are to marry and 'spend rest of your life' with then surely it makes sense to do the whole Immigration thign slowly, legally and correctly?? right?
you know....where are you rushing to??

p.s thanks for posting on exactly what i have been thinking and labelling it 1. and 2.

p.p.s......from your points made it seems clear that you have ALREADY decided exactly what it is that you want to do anyway??

Originally Posted by meauxna
But that is all in the past tense!

YOU are not inside the US and you are not married to a US citizen.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

fluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So, you intend to lie at the border?

Which part of "It is illegal to enter the US with the intent to marry and stay to adjust status" didn't you understand?

We come across people like you all the time... so "in love" and "desperate" to be together, that you specifically plan to disregard US law because you "must be together ASAP". Well, I've got news for you... one day, when you're least expecting it, there will come a knock on your door and you will be detained by federal officers, sent home, and banned from entering the US. And you know what? It won't matter one iota that you are married to a US citizen!

So... perhaps you want to think twice before you do anything that will cause you grief down the road.

Ian
right on dude! that is correct and i am starting to see a long road ahead for myself and my US girlfriend, but having been married before in the UK to a Czech national i am well aware of visa issues,as her country WAS NOT part of the EU at the time.....so this time I suggest to posters on here that 'THEY LISTEN TO OTHERS ADVICE AS I AM!'
This.....as I understand it is the point of forums such as this??? I have been helped immensely already and I have only posted couple of times, but hve been surveying others posts to get required info.....so respect to you all
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Thanks... but I can't take credit for someone else's work... and she knows who she is!

Ian
darn it i DO have too much tiem on my hands as i work a night shift ;-)

this member is clearly misguided....other immigration sites have beckoned???
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fluxsta
darn it i DO have too much tiem on my hands as i work a night shift ;-)

this member is clearly misguided....other immigration sites have beckoned???
LOL - Brilliant response. Welcome to the addiction that is BE.