marry,work,school NOW! How?

Wikiposts

marry,work,school NOW! How?

Old May 16th 2003, 9:06 am
Just Joined

pumpkinhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default marry,work,school NOW! How?

I am new to all this and would appreciate advice:

1. Where is a listing of all these terms (NVC, k-1 etc.)?

2. I am an American, He is English. Will we have any interview problems re: age (I'm 35, he's 23!- Hey, if it's good enough for Ralph Feinnes... )

3. If we marry in July(without any filings) in the US how long will it be before he can work and go to school?

Or do we need to wait until the I-129f is passed? And won't that take months? I'm from Dallas-is one center faster than another?

Anyone with experience in a similar situation please advise.
Old May 16th 2003, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Thing2 posted some useful links on understanding acromyms:
All of the INS acronyms are here

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/acronym.htm

Also see :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/show...2108#post652108

http://britishexpats.com/forum/show...ghlight=acronym

Your age will matter not for the approval. My I-129F is on it's way to London now, and if that were the case, I wouldn't have passed, hehe. My fiance is quite a bit younger than me, too. If there were issue regarding that, I imagine it wouldn't have made it this far. Don't let that bother you! Good luck

Last edited by NevAnna; May 16th 2003 at 9:24 am.
Old May 16th 2003, 9:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: marry,work,school NOW! How?

Originally posted by pumpkinhead
I am new to all this and would appreciate advice:

1. Where is a listing of all these terms (NVC, k-1 etc.)?

2. I am an American, He is English. Will we have any interview problems re: age (I'm 35, he's 23!- Hey, if it's good enough for Ralph Feinnes... )

3. If we marry in July(without any filings) in the US how long will it be before he can work and go to school?

Or do we need to wait until the I-129f is passed? And won't that take months? I'm from Dallas-is one center faster than another?

Anyone with experience in a similar situation please advise.
Try this link from the front page of the BE Marriage Based Visa group: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=131145 for a list of helpful sites to see you through.

If you don't have a Fiance visa (requires US Citizen to file an I-129F and have it approved) before he comes over to get married, you could find snags.

And yes, it will take months
Old May 16th 2003, 10:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NevAnna

Your age will matter not for the approval. My I-129F is on it's way to London now, and if that were the case, I wouldn't have passed, hehe. My fiance is quite a bit younger than me, too. If there were issue regarding that, I imagine it wouldn't have made it this far. Don't let that bother you! Good luck
Off-topic, but interesting to me....this is the third time in as many days that I've seen a younger man with an older (or should I use the term "more mature"?) woman! I'm one of them, too! :-) My fiance is 14 years younger than me, and it hasn't made a bit of difference in our relationship...I'm relieved to hear it doesn't matter to BCIS either, I was a little worried about that.

More power to us! :-)
Rene
Old May 16th 2003, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Noorah101
Off-topic, but interesting to me....this is the third time in as many days that I've seen a younger man with an older (or should I use the term "more mature"?) woman! I'm one of them, too! :-) My fiance is 14 years younger than me, and it hasn't made a bit of difference in our relationship...I'm relieved to hear it doesn't matter to BCIS either, I was a little worried about that.

More power to us! :-)
Rene
My Derek is 9.5 years younger than me and I admit it was a major adjustment -- but for me, not him (he tends to just shrug all that off and say that the difference comes out in the wash since -- statistically at least -- men croak earlier). We have agreed for the sake of Family Harmony, however, that he will not mention that he was born in a year that has a 7 in it (and not in the last digit, either) and graduated from High School the year I started law school if I don't mention that when I was born President Kennedy still had 2 years to live, Ronald Reagan was still an (bad) actor and birth control pills had been for sale in America less than a year.
Old May 16th 2003, 3:32 pm
Mrtravel

Noorah101 wrote:
    >
    > Off-topic, but interesting to me....this is the third time in as many
    > days that I've seen a younger man with an older (or should I use the
    > term "more mature"?) woman! I'm one of them, too! :-) My fiance is 14
    > years younger than me, and it hasn't made a bit of difference in our
    > relationship...I'm relieved to hear it doesn't matter to BCIS either, I
    > was a little worried about that.

While it generally isn't a big issue with BCIS, it can be a big problem
as some of the 18th century consulates.

Old May 16th 2003, 9:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mrtravel
Noorah101 wrote:
    >
    > Off-topic, but interesting to me....this is the third time in as many
    > days that I've seen a younger man with an older (or should I use the
    > term "more mature"?) woman! I'm one of them, too! :-) My fiance is 14
    > years younger than me, and it hasn't made a bit of difference in our
    > relationship...I'm relieved to hear it doesn't matter to BCIS either, I
    > was a little worried about that.

While it generally isn't a big issue with BCIS, it can be a big problem
as some of the 18th century consulates.
MrTravel, Do you mean they'll grill him more at his interview?
Rene
Old May 16th 2003, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, Dekka. Nev says the same think about men croaking ealier. I still say it isn't going to be an issue. Several months ago, I saw a few K1 approvals on these boards and the age difference didn't decide the approval or not. Folks will try to worry you, shrug it off

Last edited by NevAnna; May 16th 2003 at 11:10 pm.
Old May 18th 2003, 7:14 pm
Mrtravel

Noorah101 wrote:
    >>While it generally isn't a big issue with BCIS, it can be a big
    >>problem
    >>as some of the 18th century consulates.
    >
    >
    > MrTravel, Do you mean they'll grill him more at his interview?
    > Rene

Where is the interview?
If Mumbai, yes.

Old May 19th 2003, 1:31 am

Originally posted by Mrtravel
Noorah101 wrote:
    >>While it generally isn't a big issue with BCIS, it can be a big
    >>problem
    >>as some of the 18th century consulates.
    >
    >
    > MrTravel, Do you mean they'll grill him more at his interview?
    > Rene

Where is the interview?
If Mumbai, yes.
No, it's in Ankara Turkey.
Old May 19th 2003, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

I, too, am 9 years older than Eric. Nope, no difference to us in any way, shape, or form.
Old May 19th 2003, 3:04 pm
Caldaron

We're much more different than that.
We are worrying right now.

"Linda & Eric" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I, too, am 9 years older than Eric. Nope, no difference to us in any
    > way, shape, or form.
    > --
    > Linda
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 20th 2003, 4:00 am

Originally posted by Caldaron
We're much more different than that.
We are worrying right now.

"Linda & Eric" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I, too, am 9 years older than Eric. Nope, no difference to us in any
    > way, shape, or form.
    > --
    > Linda
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Caldaron,
I wouldn't really worry too much. Although it might raise some questions or make them look more closely, I'm fairly sure they can't deny a visa based on age only. :-)
Rene