married to USC, help required

Wikiposts

married to USC, help required

Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:55 am
Just Joined

claraxxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default married to USC, help required

hi Guys,

Great forum, i have read and gained so much knowledge from it, so a huge thank you.

I married my US Army BF a couple of weeks ago .. he was being sent away on active duty and we decided to get wed so i could stay and sort out a new home etc..
anyway, we have all the forms ready, and i was double checking everything before i sent them off, and realised that the photos he had done, are not there, ive looked everywhere but i'm unable to find them.
He's not due back until 8 days AFTER my 194 expires..
What should i do?? send them off to get them in before my 194 expires, or wait until he comes home, when he can get them done again, and then send off application.

Thanks for you help
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: married to USC, help required

Originally Posted by claraxxx
hi Guys,

Great forum, i have read and gained so much knowledge from it, so a huge thank you.

I married my US Army BF a couple of weeks ago .. he was being sent away on active duty and we decided to get wed so i could stay and sort out a new home etc..
anyway, we have all the forms ready, and i was double checking everything before i sent them off, and realised that the photos he had done, are not there, ive looked everywhere but i'm unable to find them.
He's not due back until 8 days AFTER my 194 expires..
What should i do?? send them off to get them in before my 194 expires, or wait until he comes home, when he can get them done again, and then send off application.

Thanks for you help
You're in a predicament. If you send the AOS package without his passport-style photos, it will either get sent back to you completely, or you'll receive an RFE for the missing photos.

You aren't considered "safe to stay in the USA" until you have a correctly filed AOS. Your AOS won't be correctly filed until you respond to the RFE they send out.

You might try having a consultation with an immigration attorney, to see what the legal suggestion might be.

Rene
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You're in a predicament. If you send the AOS package without his passport-style photos, it will either get sent back to you completely, or you'll receive an RFE for the missing photos.

You aren't considered "safe to stay in the USA" until you have a correctly filed AOS. Your AOS won't be correctly filed until you respond to the RFE they send out.

You might try having a consultation with an immigration attorney, to see what the legal suggestion might be.

Rene
Thanks for your response, I'll look online and see if i can consult with an immigration attorney.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't your other half get photo's taken where he is on base? presuming he'll land somewhere before a hot zone and just be able to send them to you?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Couldn't your other half get photo's taken where he is on base? presuming he'll land somewhere before a hot zone and just be able to send them to you?
no, i got to talk to him very quickly the other day and explained everthing, and he said that he wouldn't be in a position to get photos redone until he gets back, that's all i know
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

no, i got to talk to him very quickly the other day and explained everthing, and he said that he wouldn't be in a position to get photos redone until he gets back, that's all i know
not even a digital camera and email them to you?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
not even a digital camera and email them to you?
im suppose to get a phone call today, so ill aks him. will digital be the required size etc..
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

im suppose to get a phone call today, so ill aks him. will digital be the required size etc..
You can resize a digital photo to the correct spec size. Or if you can't do that at home, you can bring the digital file to a photo processing place and have them resize it.

Rene
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can resize a digital photo to the correct spec size. Or if you can't do that at home, you can bring the digital file to a photo processing place and have them resize it.

Rene
ok, great. Ill suggest that.

Thanks for all your input
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:13 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

This website could be helpful in getting "homemade" passport photos for him: http://www.epassportphoto.com/

I work in a university study abroad office, and our students use this when getting photos for their student visa applications. From what I've seen, it's pretty good.

~ Jenney
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

epassportphoto.com and just print the image out at Target or where ever you normally get photo's done....just email him the photo specs, back ground and glasses on/off kind of thing.