Reload this Page >

married to a us citizen

Wikiposts

married to a us citizen

Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:44 am
Just Joined

iggy mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default married to a us citizen

i lived in ny for 15 years had a green card then i returned home and i handed in my green card now i want to return to ny with my wife and kids who are all born in ny and are all us citizens what do i need to do to get my green card back again as i got my green card through my wife we are back home now 10 years
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: married to a us citizen

Short and sweet ... you start from square one.

Your wife (the USC) can apply for your immigration visa (IR-1) by filing the I-130 with the USCIS in London. After approval of the I-130, you will be asked to gather together documentation, i.e. medical, police report, etc. and she will need to complete an Affidavit of Support on your behalf and hope that everything is in order.

Timeframe 6 to 8 months.

Damn share you didn't become a USC when you have the opportunity. Do hope your wife has become a British citizen.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Go through the same process again, from scratch.

Hindsight and all, should have gotten citizenship first eh
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:43 am
Just Joined

SHOULD HAVE TAKEN OUT CITIZENSHIP I KNOW BUT MY FATHER DIED AND CAME HOME FOR THE FUNERAL DID NOT INTEND STAYING BUT THINGS CHANGE IN LIFE THEN KIDS STARTED SCHOOL AND AS THEY SAY 1 THING FOLLOWS ANOTHER ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS HARD 2 MOVE KIDS ARE BIGGER NOW SO ITS TIME 2 GO BACK
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't type in all CAPS... it is considered shouting, and is rude.

Ian
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:44 am
Just Joined

sorry about that first time on this page not 2 good on these computers
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggy mca
i lived in ny for 15 years had a green card then i returned home and i handed in my green card now i want to return to ny with my wife and kids who are all born in ny and are all us citizens what do i need to do to get my green card back again as i got my green card through my wife we are back home now 10 years
Are you a UK citizen, or other? Do you all live in the UK, or somewhere else? You can give some more information, or hope that we all guessed correctly and you can use the link in my signature for an explanation of the process.

Your wife should seriously consider getting citizenship from wherever you are now before leaving.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

i am a uk citizen living in uk and my wife has her citizenship
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

That is what I had assumed. If you file the link at the top of the forum and/or the link in Ms. Meauxna's signature line, you will be directed to what we laypeople call "direct consular filing" which I had briefly touched on in my first response to you.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:03 am
Just Joined

thank u 4 the info will let u know how i get on again thanks