Wikiposts

married sponsor I-134

Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:54 am
Just Joined

oollaam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default married sponsor I-134

hello.

I have a question concerning affidavit of support I-134.

my fiance's mother is going to be our co-sponsor. However she divorced his father and now married other guy. He agrees on her financial guarantee but doesn't want his income to be declared on I-134.

According to instructions if sponsor is married then her/his spouse has to sign I-134 too. Does it mean that both of them has to prove that they are employed, show their income, bank accounts etc. Can only one of them do it and other one just sign I-134 together with the one being sponsor (co-sponsor) as the proof that he/she agrees on it.

Thank you for all answers as we are not sure if documents gathered by my fiance's mother are enough or if we also need documents from her husband.

Ola
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: married sponsor I-134

Originally Posted by oollaam
hello.

I have a question concerning affidavit of support I-134.

my fiance's mother is going to be our co-sponsor. However she divorced his father and now married other guy. He agrees on her financial guarantee but doesn't want his income to be declared on I-134.

According to instructions if sponsor is married then her/his spouse has to sign I-134 too. Does it mean that both of them has to prove that they are employed, show their income, bank accounts etc. Can only one of them do it and other one just sign I-134 together with the one being sponsor (co-sponsor) as the proof that he/she agrees on it.

Thank you for all answers as we are not sure if documents gathered by my fiance's mother are enough or if we also need documents from her husband.

Ola
Hi Ola,

If only his mother's income will be listed on the I-134, then she is the only joint sponsor, and only needs to supply her own backup info.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: married sponsor I-134

Originally Posted by oollaam
my fiance's mother is going to be our co-sponsor.
As long as she meets all of the requirements for joint sponsorship by herself using only her own income or assets, then her husband does not need to be included on the form.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Dec 14th 2005 at 10:34 am.