Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Married and now going for an I-130 Visa

Married and now going for an I-130 Visa

Old May 14th 2012, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Married and now going for an I-130 Visa

Hi all.
We have been working through what we need for the I-130 and found that we need to fill out a G325A form, which is straight forward until the bottom of the form where it says
Applicant; print your name and 'Alien registration number'
How do I know what this is?
TIA
Andy
Old May 14th 2012, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Married and now going for an I-130 Visa

Originally Posted by Andy_UK
Hi all.
We have been working through what we need for the I-130 and found that we need to fill out a G325A form, which is straight forward until the bottom of the form where it says
TIA
Andy
You don't yet have one. Write 'None' or something to that effect.

James
Old May 14th 2012, 9:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

There's no such thing as "an I-130 visa".
Old May 14th 2012, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Meant to say form I-130, petition for an alien relitive
Old May 14th 2012, 10:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't know what it is, you probably don't have one. You can write "none".

And unless your USC spouse is a naturalized citizen, she probably doesn't have one either...she can also write "none".

Rene
Old May 15th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, just one more question. The check box at the bottom, which do I check Naturalization or Status as a perminent resident?
Old May 15th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, just one more question. The check box at the bottom, which do I check Naturalization or Status as a perminent resident?
Definitely not naturalization if you're after an immigrant visa. A lot of people here suggest you put 'other' as the I-130 isn't an application for PR status. I put 'status as a PR' on mine since that was my eventual goal and the reason I was submitting an I-130 in the first place - it was approved.

Either of those 2 options should be fine.

James
Old May 15th 2012, 11:54 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I put I-130 application.
Old May 15th 2012, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

blinkgoddess is an unknown quantity at this point

I too checked "Other" and wrote I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
Old May 18th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I have been looking through the forums, mainly to make sure we dont mess things up this time and have come across the police report.
When do I send this off, or is it a form that iI take with me to the medical or interview?
Old May 18th 2012, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hi andyuk. you send off the police cert at the nvc stage,thats around 5 months time if you have filed your i130.

regarding your g325 heres what i ticked/put on mine

status as permanent resident.

hope this helps
Old May 18th 2012, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi
I have been looking through the forums, mainly to make sure we dont mess things up this time and have come across the police report.
When do I send this off, or is it a form that iI take with me to the medical or interview?
You will need to take it to both the medical and the interview. You won't need it before then.

James
Old May 18th 2012, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Would a CRB check be ok or is there a more official form?
Old May 18th 2012, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Would a CRB check be ok or is there a more official form?
The USCIS webiste links to the form. It's this one:

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

James

Last edited by JSL8610; May 18th 2012 at 11:02 am.
Old May 18th 2012, 2:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

He will need the police report prior to the interview if the petition was filed in the USA. It's one of the supporting documents that needs to be submitted to the NVC as part of the visa application.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by JSL8610
You will need to take [the police report] to both the medical and the interview. You won't need it before then.

James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.