Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Married Life - from LDR to same house!!!

Married Life - from LDR to same house!!!

Old May 23rd 2003, 2:18 pm
Matt & Randi

Default Married Life - from LDR to same house!!!

This post is getting away from the technical questions that everyone
Asks because ive been told to chill out and de-stress a bit from the
Whole K1 visa thing, by a certain person...Kristen oppss now im in
Trouble..

Anyway so can you guys post 2 things *only*

1) The best thing about being with your snookums (wife, hubby).
2) The worst thing or hardest thing to deal with being married. In
Respect from being on your own in an LDR to in ya face? lol

Post away guys!!!

Matt

Old May 23rd 2003, 6:59 pm
Robin

Default Re: Married Life - from LDR to same house!!!

Today is our 9th month wedding anniversary. I'm (USC) 41 and hubby is

1. The best thing about being with my hubby - I get to touch him
everyday - hug, kiss, snuggle, etc. Second best -
No more painful goodbyes at the airport.

2. The hardest thing is adjusting to having another independent
person (and 17 yr old son) who has their own (and sometimes very
different)ideas about decorating, meal times, etc. Sometimes it's due
to cultural
differences, sometimes its due to life-experience differences, and
sometimes
it's just our different personalities. But all-in-all it's very much
worth it.
I wouldn't change a thing!

Robin

[email protected] (Matt & Randi) wrote in message news:...
    > This post is getting away from the technical questions that everyone
    > Asks because ive been told to chill out and de-stress a bit from the
    > Whole K1 visa thing, by a certain person...Kristen oppss now im in
    > Trouble..
    >
    > Anyway so can you guys post 2 things *only*
    >
    > 1) The best thing about being with your snookums (wife, hubby).
    > 2) The worst thing or hardest thing to deal with being married. In
    > Respect from being on your own in an LDR to in ya face? lol
    >
    > Post away guys!!!
    >
    > Matt

Old May 23rd 2003, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Only 2? Could go on and on with topics

1. Best thing about being together is finally being able to do all the things together you've talked about for months. And of course the obvious of being able to fall asleep in each others arms Not having to rely on technology to have a relationship is wonderful!

2. Hardest I think is just the overall adjustment of the move and the fiance' adjusting to American life. It's been hard for me not being able to take time off work after our wedding to really enjoy a honeymoon or time off together, but is necessary with only one of us making money right now.

Over all I think it is an adjusment after all the stress the K1 process puts on you. Then when you are finally together, there are new stresses and situations to deal with, which aren't necessarily bad but just new to deal with. Learning to communicate in the beginning is essential! We've been married 3 weeks today and I wouldn't trade it
Old May 23rd 2003, 7:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Matt

I'm going to stress you out a bit. When posting a question that is not dealing with a specific immigration visa topic, put OT (off topic) in the header. Years back it was Fluff but it was deemed not politically correct ;-)

Thanks

Rete

Originally posted by Matt & Randi
Trouble..

Post away guys!!!

Matt
Old May 23rd 2003, 7:44 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble..

Post away guys!!!

Matt

This has been on my mind recently-the reality after 35 1/2 months of marriage to living together instead of "shacking up" for a week. Also I have lived on my own for the last 6 years with nobody to answer to but a cat. He on the other hand has lived with his parents for the last 18 years, with his mother waiting on him hand and foot- (BOY is he in for a rude awakening!!!).We have both been married before, however he was only married for 2 years, barely housebroken, and me for 24!!! It'll be interesting,
Old May 23rd 2003, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Trouble..

Post away guys!!!

Matt
1. Being able to fall asleep in his arms every night for the past 4+ years, wonderful. Much better than long distance phone calls, ICQ or chat. Having him here to support me emotionally and physically through life's trials and tribulations. (better known as the ex)

2. I guess it would be when he cooks, he's a bit messy. Though I don't complain to him about it as he usually is helping me out in the kitchen.
Old May 23rd 2003, 8:15 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

LOL and I thought I was the only one who called my sweetie 'snookums" (looks around...)

We won't be married until next week, but we've been living together for about 2 months now.

The best thing of course is that we never have to say goodbye again, and we can hug and kiss and be happy together every day.

The hardest part...for me, it was living in my own place (with no roomates) for about 6 years and then getting used to sharing the place with my future hubby. For him, I think it was the homesickness and leaving part of his life behind in Canada, and getting used to the new neighborhood.

Juliet
Old May 23rd 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

The best thing:

Having someone to wash cook clean and iron for me, run around after me etc etc.

The worse thing:

Talking during the Manchester United Games!!!!!

Rob

PS: to those who are about to rip me apart.........i'm only teasing. I love everything about my wife, she is my strength, a far better human being than i could ever hope to be, and actually i cook and iron. But talking during the Man Utd game......well thats different
Old May 23rd 2003, 8:51 pm
Tbrghtmn

>From: [email protected] (Matt & Randi)

>1) The best thing about being with your snookums (wife, hubby).

That he's here every day

.>2) The worst thing or hardest thing to deal with being married

That he's here every day.

Old May 24th 2003, 12:47 am
ScarlettHill

Best....I've tried and tried to answer this and though I could give a clever reply I'm not sure it would be true. Because the best thing is everything. I could say the way we've melded together as a family and each seem to have found our own place. I could say snuggling up and watching a movie over shared ice cream. I could say standing together on the line cheering Lizzy on at soccer. I could say building new and endlessly more elaborate homes for our hamsters. I could say falling exhausted into bed, tired but happy. I could say sex, of course. I could say watching my children blossom in their new environment, so glad they have a dad again. I could say sneaking off to buy each other secret goodies and hiding them in each others' desks. I could say nursing him through pneumonia, I could say him nursing me through the stress of AOS. I could say the way he understands me, I mean really understands me. I could say the way I'm learning to understand more of him. I could say the way we each have to confess to buying another treat for the girls. I could say the way we laugh together. Or the way we all snuggle up on a Saturday morning after bagels and cream cheese. I could say on and on and on....

Worst... Has been the stress of the paperwork and my not being able to work. How ill it's all made me feel at times. The difficulty of plodding on with my studies regardless through 2 house moves and other stuff. Oh and I miss my river... But now, of course, there are visiting squirrels Has it been worth it all? Oh yes. I am grateful every day for the life we all have together. Every day...

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Last edited by ScarlettHill; May 24th 2003 at 12:49 am.

Old May 24th 2003, 2:31 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Well, I am 1 thing and I am posting.

I'll talk to the 2nd thing and have him post later.

ROFLMAO

Oh wait, that wasn't what you meant, was it?

My thing2 arrives this Sunday evening....

...and for good this time. Yay! We marry on June 18 so I will let you know my answers to your questions when I have them.
Old May 24th 2003, 3:34 am
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point

Post away guys!!!

Matt

1.. the best things.. Having someone who really loves me for who I am, carry my 1st Child.. A child I thought I would never have.. A Child to perhaps carry on the family name. Bump is due Halloween.

2. The Hardest.. So far, Having to cope with the death of my 99 year old Grandmother last Wednesday. A truely wonderful lady, who, when hearing of my entry denial in September last year, immediatly offered and bought my ticket for my flight in January so she could know that the love she sensed between Carla and I, could be fufilled. She was expected to reach 100 in August and we were going to apply for AP early next year so we could take Bump and show her and the family. As she passed, Bump became active for the 1st time..

God Bless Gran.

Pete
Old May 24th 2003, 4:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pete F
1.. the best things.. Having someone who really loves me for who I am, carry my 1st Child.. A child I thought I would never have.. A Child to perhaps carry on the family name. Bump is due Halloween.

2. The Hardest.. So far, Having to cope with the death of my 99 year old Grandmother last Wednesday. A truely wonderful lady, who, when hearing of my entry denial in September last year, immediatly offered and bought my ticket for my flight in January so she could know that the love she sensed between Carla and I, could be fufilled. She was expected to reach 100 in August and we were going to apply for AP early next year so we could take Bump and show her and the family. As she passed, Bump became active for the 1st time..

God Bless Gran.

Pete
Indeed, God Bless. *** typed through blurry eyes***
Old May 24th 2003, 5:17 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Trouble..

Post away guys!!!

Matt
Our interview is this Thursday....... I would have to say that the best thing will be waking up and going to sleep in my favorite/favourite place in Gasherjohn's arms....and never having to say cya at the airport because we will be traveling together.....
The worst part..... is this wait for the next 5 days being on pins and needles!!
Cindy
Old May 24th 2003, 5:40 pm
Matt & Randi

First of all sorry for not putting OT in the header i didnt know, new
to this.

Thank you all for your posts i especially liked the one about Man Utd
games, isnt that just anoying....lol

Also to the story about the 99 yr old lady, my heart goes out to you
guys...just from your words i could tell that she was a lovely lady...

In case you wanted to know here are mine:-

1) BEST - Not having to show your emotions thro a computer or a phone,
doing in person.

2) WORST - Will let you know on the worst, the knott isnt tied yet :-)

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.