Reload this Page >

Marriage Visas and Medical Issues

Wikiposts

Marriage Visas and Medical Issues

Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:20 am
Just Joined

BritishGirl8887 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visas and Medical Issues

Im am about to apply for a marriage visa to move from the UK to the US, i am concerned as i have to supply a medical record of all the innoculations i have ever had, the problem is i have not been able to have the measles or meningitis vacines due to my fathers medical history. I physically cannot have either or it may cause serious medical complications for myself. My concern is that without these the immigartion office will not allow me my visa. Does anyone know anything about what might happen in this situation. Any information would really be appreciated.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visas and Medical Issues

Originally Posted by BritishGirl8887
Im am about to apply for a marriage visa to move from the UK to the US, i am concerned as i have to supply a medical record of all the innoculations i have ever had, the problem is i have not been able to have the measles or meningitis vacines due to my fathers medical history. I physically cannot have either or it may cause serious medical complications for myself. My concern is that without these the immigartion office will not allow me my visa. Does anyone know anything about what might happen in this situation. Any information would really be appreciated.
Hi BritishGirl, Welcome to BE.

Get a formal written statement attesting to that, from your GP. Bring that letter with you to your visa medical, and see if they'll accept it.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:55 am
Just Joined

BritishGirl8887 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi BritishGirl, Welcome to BE.

Get a formal written statement attesting to that, from your GP. Bring that letter with you to your visa medical, and see if they'll accept it.

Rene
Thank you very much Rene, i will do that and see how i go from there. Thank you again, im all rather new to this and its good to see people are so quick to reply and help.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... i will do that and see how i go from there.
I agree with Rene. You are not obligated to get vaccinations if they are medically contraindicated.

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much Rene, i will do that and see how i go from there. Thank you again, im all rather new to this and its good to see people are so quick to reply and help.
Iin case you have not yet found it, here is the medical page for London:

The Medical Examination

Check out the links on the right side of the page too.