Marriage Visa vs Business Visa

Marriage Visa vs Business Visa

Old May 4th 2017, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

eduk84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visa vs Business Visa

Hi All,

Sorry if this is already covered,

Possibility in future of being transferred to my companies NY Office from London.
Just wondering whether its best to go the Marriage Visa route (my wife is American) or go the business route.
Both of us are currently employed this side of the pond, however my wife wouldn't have a job in the USA straight away if we moved.
This being in the case I assume that we would need another person to be a joint sponsor for the financial side of things?

Any advise would be much appreciated, just want to do my homework in case they suddenly say yes we want you to move.

Many Thanks,

Ed.
Old May 4th 2017, 3:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visa vs Business Visa

If you go the marriage visa route, if your income will continue from the same source once inside the USA (as it sounds like it will, via company transfer), that income can be counted on your wife's I-864. You will need proof of the transfer from your company.

Or you could have the company transfer you at their expense (all your visa fees, shipment of household goods, etc), which is nice...then do an Adjustment of Status (AOS) to permanent resident based on marriage after arrival in the USA.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 4th 2017 at 3:32 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 4:13 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Are they aware that you have an American spouse? They might be reluctant to fork out to transfer you if their attorney tells them you can AOS and jump ship to another company within 12 months.

Personally I would go with the (much simpler) Marriage-based route.
Old May 8th 2017, 6:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Also, how big are your and your wife's bank accounts and investment accounts?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you go the marriage visa route, if your income will continue from the same source once inside the USA (as it sounds like it will, via company transfer), that income can be counted on your wife's I-864. You will need proof of the transfer from your company.

Rene
Old May 9th 2017, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

No brainer, go with the company move.