Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Marriage visa London embassy

Marriage visa London embassy

Old May 23rd 2018, 6:24 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage visa London embassy

Originally Posted by smp17
Thanks Stu! May I ask- when was your interview? What was your experience both there and at the medical?
My medical was on 11th May 2018 and was uneventful, I did start a thread about a small part of it

Knightsbridge Medical, Minor Mental Health Issues.

My interview was May 16th and again was very uneventful. I arrived half an hour before my 10:30 appointment, and once through security was directed to the first floor, and then to a small area around to the left. There were another 3 people in that waiting area when I got there.

When my number was called I went up to the window, where a very friendly guy took my fingerprints and the asked if I had been for my medical. He then asked me for my original birth certificate, marriage certificate and Royal Navy discharge certificate. He asked me if I had been married before and how it ended, and then asked for my original decree absolute. I was asked if I had been in trouble with the police or immigration before, and then he asked for my ACRO certificate.

I was then told to take a seat again.

I was then called up to another window and a very friendly lady took my fingerprints again and then asked me to agree to the oath. She asked me if I had been for my medical as my results were not there yet. She then asked me if I had been in trouble with the police or immigration before.

Then the following questions were asked:

How did you meet your wife?
When did you first meet in person?
Is she living in the US?
Where is she living?
Are you going to be living there with her ?

She then said that once my medical results reached the Consulate, my visa would be printed and would be dispatched 1 to 2 working days later.

My status changed today from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued", with the bank holiday on Monday I am hoping my stuff will be at the couriers by Tuesday.

Once I have my visa in hand I will book my flights.
Old May 26th 2018, 2:28 am
Just Joined

ChantelandConnor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StuBear65
My medical was on 11th May 2018 and was uneventful, I did start a thread about a small part of it

My interview was May 16th and again was very uneventful. I arrived half an hour before my 10:30 appointment, and once through security was directed to the first floor, and then to a small area around to the left. There were another 3 people in that waiting area when I got there.

When my number was called I went up to the window, where a very friendly guy took my fingerprints and the asked if I had been for my medical. He then asked me for my original birth certificate, marriage certificate and Royal Navy discharge certificate. He asked me if I had been married before and how it ended, and then asked for my original decree absolute. I was asked if I had been in trouble with the police or immigration before, and then he asked for my ACRO certificate.

I was then told to take a seat again.

I was then called up to another window and a very friendly lady took my fingerprints again and then asked me to agree to the oath. She asked me if I had been for my medical as my results were not there yet. She then asked me if I had been in trouble with the police or immigration before.

Then the following questions were asked:

How did you meet your wife?
When did you first meet in person?
Is she living in the US?
Where is she living?
Are you going to be living there with her ?

She then said that once my medical results reached the Consulate, my visa would be printed and would be dispatched 1 to 2 working days later.

My status changed today from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued", with the bank holiday on Monday I am hoping my stuff will be at the couriers by Tuesday.

Once I have my visa in hand I will book my flights.

Would you mind letting me know where you see your status? Also, Congrats!

Last edited by ChantelandConnor; May 26th 2018 at 2:38 am. Reason: Want to add something
Old May 26th 2018, 9:06 am
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

It's on the CEAC website here