Reload this Page >

Marriage Visa:Confusion about Documents

Wikiposts

Marriage Visa:Confusion about Documents

Old Nov 11th 2011, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

arcbeauty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visa:Confusion about Documents

I have read the marriage spouse visa before asking these questions.

My husband and me are currently living in New Zealand. My husband holds job in New Zealand as Structural Engineer. Before coming to New Zealand he had been working for 5 years in UK. We are looking to go back to UK in beginning of March,2011 however we would like to apply for UK Visa by Nov,2011 considering long visa processing time.

We would ideally be living in London while working in London however as a backup he can work with my parents or live in my parents home.

There are few confusions in terms of what documents do I provide to support both scenarios.

His Employment

1) He has been working for 5 years and 6 months in New Zealand as Structural Engineer. He would be doing pretty much same work in his previous company although considering time period they would be unsure about the workload at the moment. So it is subject to availability.

He probably can manage to get an e-mail or letter from them however he is bit reluctant to do that. Would an e-mail or letter do ? Would some Job Ads do ?

2) He can work with his parents business if his kind of work isn't available. What is needed from them in that case?

Accommodation

1) We get accommodation in London.
Would an advertisement from a Property Agent would do ? OR We need to be particularly look at any flats or make any commitments?

2) We would also have his parent's home available to live in Midlands.

I understand a letter from his parents and letter from Property Agent saying it has x number of bedrooms would be enough. right? That is kind of getting done.

My Work

1. I can find a job.
2. However I will be freelancing or eventually starting a business.

What documents should we provide ?

Thank you in advance and if something is unclear I would be happy to answer.

Last edited by arcbeauty; Nov 11th 2011 at 4:25 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:48 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Marriage Visa:Confusion about Documents

suggest reading the post at the top of the page for spouse visa
In general you need to show that you will not be a burden on the state and that you have somewhere to live and good job prospects and or savings that will tide you over while you look for work
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but it wasn't clear from your post if one of you is a UK citizen.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Sorry for that. Yes, my husband is born and bought up white English male and his parents are living in UK.

I understand what needs to be proved, just unsure of what documents to give. Thus see Original Post.
We have kind of enough savings for 27 months if minimum is 105 per week.

Last edited by arcbeauty; Nov 15th 2011 at 10:28 am.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:35 am
Just Joined

We would ideally be living in London while working in London however as a backup he can work with my parents or live in my parents home

Sorry what I really meant here was

We would ideally be living in London while working in London however as a backup he can work with his parents or live in his parents home.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

£105 a week is low but sounds like even so you have more than 6 months of savings at a much higher weekly amount. So you should be good to go