Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Marriage under the VWP, what will happen?

Wikiposts

Marriage under the VWP, what will happen?

Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:40 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage under the VWP, what will happen?

Originally Posted by LoveConquorsAll
What if i do?! And will i be told if the results were bad etc... a closed envelope is only for successful medicals?
I got a sealed envelope and also a copy of my medical for my own records.
They told me there were no problems there and then.
Whether this is the same everywhere, I don't know. Mine was in Colorado.
Good luck
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:53 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

What if i do?! And will i be told if the results were bad etc... a closed envelope is only for successful medicals?
They will inform you if there is a problem.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:55 am
Hydey

LoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help everyone, once i get underway with the forms i hope it wont be a problem to post here for advice?

-Simon
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:04 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
I got a sealed envelope and also a copy of my medical for my own records.
They told me there were no problems there and then.
Whether this is the same everywhere, I don't know. Mine was in Colorado.
Good luck
same here Also once you had your vacc's ( or got your vac papers sent over from the UK ) the medical ( well if my experience is anything to go by ) is pretty basic. Mine consisted of the doc checking my immunisations record / TB / HIV results , my BP was taken the rest of it was a friendly chat about the UK and how I was enjoying the USA If you want to cut the costs of the medical you can get most of your immunisations re-done at your local public health dept for a nominal cost. Mine also did the HIV / syph test and the TB - I think they were actually free or cheap as After you got them taken care of phone around the list of local civil surgeons ( as stated by USCIS) and get a quote solely for the physical. Overall in total my 'medical' requirements came in at around the $250ish mark - almost half of what I had been getting quoted for the 'all-in' package Prices DO vary so make sure you phone around first and don't take the first one offered Good luck
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:12 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird
same here Also once you had your vacc's ( or got your vac papers sent over from the UK ) the medical ( well if my experience is anything to go by ) is pretty basic. Mine consisted of the doc checking my immunisations record / TB / HIV results , my BP was taken the rest of it was a friendly chat about the UK and how I was enjoying the USA If you want to cut the costs of the medical you can get most of your immunisations re-done at your local public health dept for a nominal cost. Mine also did the HIV / syph test and the TB - I think they were actually free or cheap as After you got them taken care of phone around the list of local civil surgeons ( as stated by USCIS) and get a quote solely for the physical. Overall in total my 'medical' requirements came in at around the $250ish mark - almost half of what I had been getting quoted for the 'all-in' package Prices DO vary so make sure you phone around first and don't take the first one offered Good luck

Very true about shopping around I got the lot done done for under $200 some places wanted $600 this was in 2005.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help everyone, once i get underway with the forms i hope it wont be a problem to post here for advice?

-Simon
Of course you can post here, for a little hand-holding, encouragement, tips & reassurance. Or a scolding if you're way off base.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me you broke the terms of the Visa Waiver already ...be very careful what you say ...
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:54 pm
Hydey

LoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Seems to me you broke the terms of the Visa Waiver already ...be very careful what you say ...
How did i already break the terms? And what do you mean, if there is something wrong with the truth then tell me now as i do not wish to break the law.

-Simon
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so here's the story: I am from England and my girlfriend is from New Jersey, USA. We have been officialy dating since October of 2007 and at the moment i am over visiting her for the summer. I have been here since May 29th 2008 on the visa waiver programme and i am due to leave August 27th. I am extremely close with my girlfriend and her family and we know that one day we want to marry, but we never discussed when. Her Dad was very sick this summer so the plan was for me to come and accross and look after him, he could hardly walk and was waiting for a liver transplant. Sadly, 3 weeks into my trip he passed away. Everything has been hectic since and i have been consoling my girlfriend. However, with this happening, my girlfriend and i have decided to be married. We want to get married while i am here, we are both in a lot of depression and as cheesy as it sounds we really need to be together. Her mother is all for this and said she will say and/or sign any papers that are necessary for me to stay here permanantly, or sponsor me if needed. She has a very well paid job. I do not wish to return home at all, i would only collect the clothes and items i have left, but if it would make things easier for me to never leave, then so be it. I can live without those small clothes and items, and i would be able to take care of things like bank accounts from over here on the phone eventually. If my girlfriend and i were to be married now... how would i be able to stay here with her? And how would i be able to apply for adjustment of status. I've seen a lot of posts saying this is a no go but some inspiring ones that say it can happen. What will happening if we go ahead with this and what do we have to do to remain together physically? We do not want to leave each other at all. She needs me here. Her family needs me here with their bereavement too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Simon

P.S -- For additional information. I have visited here 3 times previous but for very short stays, 10 days in November, 14 days in January and 15 days in February. She has visitied England for a 14 day stay back in April too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-0BVT4cqGY
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:39 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Another youtube poster who doesn't understand aspect ratios.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Another youtube poster who doesn't understand aspect ratios.
Yes, it is a annoying -- posted for the dialog, though. But he sure is young. I thought the same thing in my recent viewing the "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKlxyoPNaFI

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Jul 9th 2008 at 3:47 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:43 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is a annoying -- posted for the dialog, though. But he sure is young. I thought the same thing in my recent viewing the "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."
Just got The Gauntlet out of the library the other day. As a Phoenician, it was a total treat.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:04 pm
Hydey

What is the purpose of the videos?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

What is the purpose of the videos?
Hi:

You had asked a question. I responded. Then fatbrit made a comment inviting another video in response to his comment. I will admit that that fatbrit's comment and my response were OT.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:10 pm
Septicity

I will admit that that fatbrit's comment and my response were OT.
Self flagellation ongoing as I type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.