Wikiposts

marriage license

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:05 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default marriage license

this is probably a really silly question but. I have been reading the topic on marraige certificate and it has now got me a bit worried as to if i need to apply for something else. my marraige licence has the certificate of marriage on the back. . there are alot of people who married in the us who say that it takes a few days to get the certificate. we were given our's immediatly after we got married.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:00 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: marriage license

Originally posted by candy wy.
this is probably a really silly question but. I have been reading the topic on marraige certificate and it has now got me a bit worried as to if i need to apply for something else. my marraige licence has the certificate of marriage on the back. . there are alot of people who married in the us who say that it takes a few days to get the certificate. we were given our's immediatly after we got married.
I'm sure such things can differ from place to place. My husband and I got married at the courthouse by the judge and we had to come back a couple of days later to pick it up. I don't think they'd give you a wrong form...would they?? I mean it says "marriage certificate" with the signatures and date and embossed stamp, does it not?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:22 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi
I'm sure such things can differ from place to place. My husband and I got married at the courthouse by the judge and we had to come back a couple of days later to pick it up. I don't think they'd give you a wrong form...would they?? I mean it says "marriage certificate" with the signatures and date and embossed stamp, does it not?

we got married in the court house and yes it has the embossed seal which is on the side of the marraige license. the marraige certificate has the signitures on.i guess its the one. like i said silly question.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:33 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

we got married in the court house and yes it has the embossed seal which is on the side of the marraige license. the marraige certificate has the signitures on.i guess its the one. like i said silly question.
So I guess you just got saved the trouble of having to go back to pick it up.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 6:04 am
Mrt

candy wy. wrote:

> this is probably a really silly question but. I have been reading the
    > topic on marraige certificate and it has now got me a bit worried as to
    > if i need to apply for something else. my marraige licence has the
    > certificate of marriage on the back. . there are alot of people who
    > married in the us who say that it takes a few days to get the
    > certificate. we were given our's immediatly after we got married.

USCIS will usually want the copy of the registered certificate
This would be after it goes to the government office responsible for
registering it. For example, the marriage official (e.g. minister) has
10 days to register the marriage in Nevada. We actually took the
minister's copy, by limo , to the Clark County Recorder's office after
the ceremony. They said certified copies would be ready for pickup the
next day (we had them mailed as we left the next morning)

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 6:26 am
staying around

Originally posted by Mrt

USCIS will usually want the copy of the registered certificate
This would be after it goes to the government office responsible for
registering it. For example, the marriage official (e.g. minister) has
10 days to register the marriage in Nevada. We actually took the
minister's copy, by limo , to the Clark County Recorder's office after
the ceremony. They said certified copies would be ready for pickup the
next day (we had them mailed as we left the next morning)
now i am more confused!!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Our certificate is actually our marriage license with the bottom portion completed by and signed by the officiant and our two witnesses. After the ceremony and signing, the license is then taken/sent/give to the registrar's office that originally issued the license. They in turn will "register" the marriage on the city records and the license is made into a certificate and is marked with the filing codes and embossed seal of the city. This is what is meant by a certified and/or registered copy of a marriage certificate.

Hope this helps

Rete
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:29 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Our certificate is actually our marriage license with the bottom portion completed by and signed by the officiant and our two witnesses
Our certificate was the same type as Rete's. It took a week for us to get ours. We got married in a chapel out of town and the minister signed it and mailed it to the circuit court the day after our wedding. I guess it depends on where you get married...I have heard that some churches might take a few weeks to mail it, unless you make a special request.

Juliet
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:34 am
staying around

Originally posted by Rete
Our certificate is actually our marriage license with the bottom portion completed by and signed by the officiant and our two witnesses. After the ceremony and signing, the license is then taken/sent/give to the registrar's office that originally issued the license. They in turn will "register" the marriage on the city records and the license is made into a certificate and is marked with the filing codes and embossed seal of the city. This is what is meant by a certified and/or registered copy of a marriage certificate.

Hope this helps

Rete
yes i understand better now,mine seems to be the same as rete's, but do i need to get a certified copy then. i sent the one we had which says origanal on it. will i need the certified copy for aos.