Wikiposts

Marriage / K1 question

Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:07 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage / K1 question

I think #3 would bring a timely halt to all marriage based immigration!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

My proposals were tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be taken seriously. Matt's question did make me think about alternatives and to tell you the truth, it is not easy to come up with practical alternatives. Most other countries are much more liberal than we are in allowing foreign spouses to enter their countries but I am not advocating that either. It is not an easy matter although I still think the process could be streamlined. Fun to think about alternatives though.

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Cowboy,

Re #1, I would think that the foreign country might want to have something to say about the US sending over a non-citizen of said country?

Re #5-9 "no questions asked" would certainly be welcomed by those foreigners having terroristic tendancies.

Re #10, court dockets tend to be as backlogged as the USCIS service centers

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:42 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboy,

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
My proposals were tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be taken seriously. Matt's question did make me think about alternatives and to tell you the truth, it is not easy to come up with practical alternatives.
I'm relieved to read this. I think it's good for us to recognize that this is not an easy issue to deal with, there is no simple solution.

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
Most other countries are much more liberal than we are in allowing foreign spouses to enter their countries but I am not advocating that either. ...
Are you sure about this? The one country that I have looked into - my wife's country - makes it much easier to visit as a tourist (no visa required for citizens of the US and many other countries), but getting residency takes years and money, and getting citizenship is legally possible but realistically impossible.

Regards, JEff