Wikiposts

Marriage failed

Old May 13th 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Marriage failed

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
God will get you for that

Finally snapped

Better dig out prayer mat & say 10 hail Mary's to avoid being thrown to the lions then
Old May 13th 2006, 9:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBart1
Finally snapped

Better dig out prayer mat & say 10 hail Mary's to avoid being thrown to the lions then
I'm surprised you lasted that long
Old May 13th 2006, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BillBart1
Finally snapped

Old May 14th 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Marriage failed

Originally Posted by TrishB
I've got to the point in life where it's not actually worth worrying about stuff like that - I truly believe that we were brought to Red Lake as part of God's plan for our lives - we really had no idea where to go until I got an e-mail out of the blue asking if I'd be interested in a job here. I'd never even heard of the place before!!
I still believe this, even more strongly now.

Whatever decision you make, you'll know it's the right one and truly from God when you get THAT feeling, you'll know what I'm talking about!!

Take care, keep communicating with Him and it'll work out to your advantage in the end, no matter where you end up!

I agree. Neither of us know if it is better if we go or stay, ior even go somewhere else. Rationally it is a serious problem. But I do belive that in the end it does not matter, and I am happy to go along with however the Lord commands.
Old May 14th 2006, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
Do you also mean then that you have to have faith in god to love? Because in my opinion thats tosh. I love; i love my husband, my family and close friends but I dont have a religion or faith, I dont believe in the concept of deities governing our lives, forgiving sins and so on. For those who do believe in god then i think its a bit harsh for you to say that because someone marriage breaks down then its because they have lost their faith, i don't think the two are inextricably linked at all, indeed someones faith may see them though the dark days of a break up.
I have not invented this. It is quoted from an "apparition" of virgin Mary experienced by a young girl in Bosnia. Anyway it does make sense too me in one way at least: If you have faith you are likely to see your role as one of "Serving other members of your family" ....or for better or worse if you like. If you do not have faith you are there to be rewarded for your decission to get there. This is why the Lord said something else as well i.e. " Unless you hate your wife and your children and your own life as well, you can not be my desciple" This wouldn't make any sense at all unless your love was really meant for nothing except serving these people.
Old May 14th 2006, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

If we were having a discussion about religion and you tell me your beliefs, you are not forcing your beliefs on me. If we are discussing a world event and you reference your faith, you are not forcing your beliefs on me. BUT if I say that I believe something and you tell me that your way is the only way to believe and that I should change my view, you are forcing your belief on me.

Further, if I try to end the discussion and say I am not comfortable with the discussion or I just do not wish to go further with it and you pursue it, you are forcing your beliefs on me.

If you are expressing what religion has done for you simply because you wish to rejoice in that fact, that is fine. But if you are doing it so that I will be open to the same experience, and I let it be known that I do not want that, yet you continue, you are forcing your beliefs on me.

I don't think saying "Don't force your beliefs on me" is forcing your beliefs on the other person at all. It's just acknowledging that the discussion is not going to end with anyone changing their beliefs and it is best to end the discussion now.

Alternately.... TAKE YOUR SOAP BOX ELSEWHERE!
Old May 14th 2006, 5:29 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has turned onto the subject of religion which is off-topic for the OP. It is not relevant to the thread and for that reason I'm closing this thread.

If you want to discussion religion, please go to the Lounge or Take It Outside forums.

Thank you.

NC Penguin