Marriage on F1?

Old Sep 7th 2018, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage on F1?

Interview is on 18th October! Got the letter today
Old Sep 8th 2018, 5:09 am
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
Interview is on 18th October! Got the letter today
You're finally in the home stretch!!
Old Sep 8th 2018, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaelr711
You're finally in the home stretch!!
Yes, I know! Had a medical yesterday, gotta get lab work done then when those get sent to the civil surgeon I can collect my medical off them. Got to gather everything that proves our marriage is legit which is tough as we don't have a lot due to being a younger couple and not having many financial stuff shared between us.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 2:49 am
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I know! Had a medical yesterday, gotta get lab work done then when those get sent to the civil surgeon I can collect my medical off them. Got to gather everything that proves our marriage is legit which is tough as we don't have a lot due to being a younger couple and not having many financial stuff shared between us.
Ehh, we didn't have a whole lot outside of a joint bank account and car insurance. We didn't even technically have the same address on the date of our interview. We lived together but I was not named on the lease. We did move like a week after my interview though so we got our own lease for the apartment we were moving to.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Our interview person loved wedding photos, although other people have said photos weren't asked for. Other things include health insurance showing both covered, tax returns showing married, life insurance beneficary (through work).

Do you have a shared bank account? If not then that is something you could do rather quickly too.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quick update - just got back from our interview. Approved on the spot. Interview was 15/20 minutes long. Mostly consisted of fact checking (if I knew her birthday, birth place, and parents names, and vice versa), updating my employment info, asking how we met and when we married, and going through bona fide marriage evidence (we didn't have much evidence, but what we had was sufficient enough as a young married couple). Asked the typical yes/no questions, took my medical form and that was it. Got back to the car and got an email and text about my case being updated - card is being produced!

Glad to be done with the process for the next almost 2 years!
Old Oct 18th 2018, 8:24 pm
KCMO

Quick update - just got back from our interview. Approved on the spot. Interview was 15/20 minutes long. Mostly consisted of fact checking (if I knew her birthday, birth place, and parents names, and vice versa), updating my employment info, asking how we met and when we married, and going through bona fide marriage evidence (we didn't have much evidence, but what we had was sufficient enough as a young married couple). Asked the typical yes/no questions, took my medical form and that was it. Got back to the car and got an email and text about my case being updated - card is being produced!

Congrats!!! It's about time. Mine came in the mail in like 3 or 4 days as well. Relax and enjoy your new life!!!
Old Oct 19th 2018, 12:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

Things to do:

1. Receive green card and visit social security administration and get a social security card (same number) but without the legend; and
2. Start collecting your evidence for removal conditions in 2 years less 90 days.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations.

Things to do:

1. Receive green card and visit social security administration and get a social security card (same number) but without the legend; and
2. Start collecting your evidence for removal conditions in 2 years less 90 days.
Oh yeah I forgot the social security office! The second is on my list alongside informing my bank and also my school so I can pay resident fees.

Thank you!
Old Oct 24th 2018, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Green card arrived today, after the couple of things to do regarding becoming a citizen (SSA office, school resident status, etc), I'll be done for a little while now!
Old Oct 25th 2018, 1:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Removal of conditions first and then naturalization
Old Oct 25th 2018, 2:52 pm
KCMO

Originally Posted by Rete
Removal of conditions first and then naturalization
Think he means a normal citizen of society, rather than a nationalized citizen.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 3:05 pm
Concierge

I think he meant to write having become a PR. The items he needs to do are in regards to obtaining residency status.

He is already a normal citizen of society but with restrictions as he waited for his residency to be approved. The things he needs to do are what you should do to have the legend removed from your social security card, residents pay lower school fees, can get an unrestricted driver's license (meaning it is not tied into your EAD), etc.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 25th 2018 at 3:08 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 2:02 pm
KCMO

Way to be pedantic. Normal/Unrestricted/whatever you want to call it. I feel like it was obvious what he meant.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 2:41 pm
Concierge

Besides the point. New readers will not know. That is why posts should use correct terminology and be accurate.

Thanks for allowing me an opportunity to point this out.