Marriage for Comfort

Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:02 pm
James Donovan

Default Re: Marriage for Comfort

Pulaski <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by James Donovan:
    > >
    > > The institution of marriage is dead. ...
    > There are millions of Americans that would disagree with you on that point.

Yeah but dude, 50% of marriages or more end up in divorce. One of my friends is more
likely to tell me "I am moving it with my girlfriend" than "I am getting married".

> > .... There are quite a few examples who have posted here and I am pretty sure
    > > many more in the real world.
    > >
    > "Many" as maybe, but I doubt "millions".

Millions, over time. Not millions each year.

Old Sep 11th 2002, 2:22 pm
Aftonokla

>Yeah but dude, 50% of marriages or more end up in divorce. One of my friends is
    >more likely to tell me "I am moving it with my girlfriend" than "I am getting
    >married".

That is because those marriages are not based on the principles of God but are based
on worldly principles. Since marriage is an institution of God, a marriage based on
other things like money, family or immigration is certain to fail.

Old Sep 11th 2002, 4:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by James Donovan:
Pulaski <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by James Donovan:
    > >
    > > The institution of marriage is dead. ...
    > There are millions of Americans that would disagree with you on that point.

Yeah but dude, 50% of marriages or more end up in divorce. One of my friends is more likely to tell me "I am moving it with my girlfriend" than "I am getting married".
You should be in politics, taking a quote out of context like that!

After ".... on that point." I continued "There are still many, probably the majority, people who will marry, and even after a divorce will marry again.

You and your sad little bunch may believe that love and marriage is no longer relevant, but you are not most people and you are do not understand the hopes of the people across America.

=================

If there are 260 millions people in America today, do you really think that 1 in every 260 people will, at some point during their life, marry to perpetrate a visa fraud? (You'd need that just to reach 1 million).

I think not.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 8:52 pm
Steggy

AftonOkla wrote:
    > >Yeah but dude, 50% of marriages or more end up in divorce. One of my friends is
    > >more likely to tell me "I am moving it with my girlfriend" than "I am getting
    > >married".
    > That is because those marriages are not based on the principles of God but are
    > based on worldly principles. Since marriage is an institution of God, a marriage
    > based on other things like money, family or immigration is certain to fail.

Sorry, I need to react, just to tell you that I am laughing my head off.
--
steg