Wikiposts

Marriage based visa?

Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:12 am
Just Joined

MissyPatrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage based visa?

Hi everyone!

I was just interested to know,if say i got engaged to my boyfriend who is a U.S citizen then applied for a fiance visa, if granted the visa,would there be a time limit to move to the U.S by?

I realise there's a 90day limit to be married within once entering the U.S but was wondering if there was a time limit to have moved to the U.S by after recieving the marriage based visa?

Thankyou for any info you may have.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage based visa?

MP,

Six (6) months.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by MissyPatrick
Hi everyone!

I was just interested to know,if say i got engaged to my boyfriend who is a U.S citizen then applied for a fiance visa, if granted the visa,would there be a time limit to move to the U.S by?

I realise there's a 90day limit to be married within once entering the U.S but was wondering if there was a time limit to have moved to the U.S by after recieving the marriage based visa?

Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone!

Thankyou Jeff,i thought it was about 6mnths so im glad it's confirmed
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Jeff,i thought it was about 6mnths so im glad it's confirmed
Please see my post to you in your other thread.

There are a lot of things you've marked as "6 months"
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Please see my post to you in your other thread.

There are a lot of things you've marked as "6 months"
Thankyou for all you're help,i had a hard time trying to figure this all out on my own,noone i know knows anything about immigration to the U.S and any e-mail i send expects a fee for their advice so this is so helpful to me and it's much more understandable when all of you explain it to me,haha,so THANKYOU!