Marriage on B2?

Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:20 pm
Sugarbunny

Default Marriage on B2?

Hello Everybody!
I would really appreciate if anybody could help with me my situation....
I have been dating an american citizen and we plan on getting married.My question is if I can marry him on B2 visa while visiting him?I have heard that it is possible, but what documents we need do apply for?How long is it gonna take?
Can I work right after getting married?

Any input would be really appreciated!
Thank you! .

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage on B2?

Where are you at the moment? Yes, you can get married on a B2, in the USA. Check the local county website where you will be getting married, to see what documents are required, if any, and what the time frame will be. The problem you might encounter is that it is illegal to plan to come to the USA, marry, and stay to adjust your status to permanent resident. So when you ask if you can work right after marriage, the answer is no...you are still on your B2 visa, and that does not allow work.

How you proceed depends on where you are at this very moment.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Where are you at the moment? Yes, you can get married on a B2, in the USA. Check the local county website where you will be getting married, to see what documents are required, if any, and what the time frame will be. The problem you might encounter is that it is illegal to plan to come to the USA, marry, and stay to adjust your status to permanent resident. So when you ask if you can work right after marriage, the answer is no...you are still on your B2 visa, and that does not allow work.

How you proceed depends on where you are at this very moment.

Rene
Ah, the "10 foot pole" question. Furthermore deponent sayeth not.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:15 pm
Sugarbunny

Rene, thanks for your input!
I appreciate it a lot!.