Marraige breakdown

Old May 19th 2014, 12:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marraige breakdown

Originally Posted by hellojane
I'm struggling to understand it myself to be honest. And that's the truth. I was wrapped up with the pregnancy and then the baby I missed a lot of his behaviors, which then contributed to his verbal and emotional abuse to me. I am just thankful I got out before it turned physical.
I know nothing about the immigration law here, but just wanted to add a note of support. Been there done that, etc. You have done the right thing - well done.
Old May 19th 2014, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

hellojane is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I am very much relieved and happy to be out!!! It's a nice feeling to know I can map out the future for me and the baby, wherever it'll be. Things will work out. It may be a difficult road for a while but I'm happy and most inportantly the baby is happy and safe
Old May 21st 2014, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Just an update - I got an immigration lawyer who primarily does pro bono work. I explained my situation and he thinks i will be ok. He stated that he has worked with a number of women in my situation. He is going to come with me to my interview (when I get a date) and will help me file the necessary paperwork I.e. I-360.
I have all the information I need to get temporary custody of my child for now and have numerous resources for free legal aid.
So things are looking up thank goodness. I'm certainly not as stressed as I was
Old May 21st 2014, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update - I got an immigration lawyer who primarily does pro bono work. I explained my situation and he thinks i will be ok. He stated that he has worked with a number of women in my situation. He is going to come with me to my interview (when I get a date) and will help me file the necessary paperwork I.e. I-360.
I have all the information I need to get temporary custody of my child for now and have numerous resources for free legal aid.
I'm happy for you. Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and let your brain think things out. You'll probably get your EAD shortly and you may not go before an IJ for a year or two. They could approve your adjustment of status (AOS) or deny it but even if they deny it, you can appeal.

There was someone on BE that had his AOS denied (for different reasons that you have) and he went through appeals for about 5 years and then it was approved. You seem to have a much stronger case for approval than he did so even if there are a few bumps along the way, I suspect things will work out.
Old May 21st 2014, 7:16 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that things are on a more even keel now. Going through a divorce with a young child in my home country was stressful enough, so you have all my good wishes for this stepping stone in your life. Well done for getting out and getting on!
Old May 21st 2014, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Thank you both