Reload this Page >

Manila or Bust - An update on Scott's deal

Wikiposts

Manila or Bust - An update on Scott's deal

Old Jul 28th 2003, 7:03 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manila or Bust - An update on Scott's deal

Not a whole lot of any thing new to report on my end. One thing that I am glad of is that the recent incedent in Manila ended quickly and the embassy was not shut down.

The embassy still has not heard back from the NSO in regardes to the, "Marriage Index Check", but being on week three of the admin review, I hope that it will come anytime.

Booger or someone who will be going through Manila might want to call the embassy and see if the recently modified section on their website is correct,

"Once approved, the I-129F petition is sent to NVC which forwards it to the Embassy in Manila. The Embassy will send the Filipino fiance(e) information on how to apply for the K1 visa including the medical examination and visa interview dates.
Generally, it takes 8-12 months from the date the petition is approved for the K1 visa to be issued. If a field investigation is required and if the applicant does not satisfy all the application requirements, visa issuance may take even longer. The presence of the U.S. citizen is not required during the fiance(e)’s visa interview.
Because of the time involved in processing the application for a K-1 visa, it is recommended that the petitioner and beneficiary gather the required documentation for the visa application at the earliest possible time."

I sincerly hope that this is a typo and that they mean to say, "8-12 weeks"....

Anyway, I am sure that my time will come soon, and will certainly post any updates...

Scott
Old Jul 28th 2003, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for keeping us updated, Scott - been wondering where things stood

Fingers crossed for a speedy outcome!
Old Jul 28th 2003, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear you're still in admin review, Scott. I hope things will get resolved with a happy ending soon.

- Sunny
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Redbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manila or Bust - An update on Scott's deal

Hi Scott, just want to ask why they conduct marriage index check if shes in K1 suppose to be CENOMAR ( means shes single) is the document to submit since you arent married yet. Pls enlighten me in this. Thanks and regards.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Not a whole lot of any thing new to report on my end. One thing that I am glad of is that the recent incedent in Manila ended quickly and the embassy was not shut down.

The embassy still has not heard back from the NSO in regardes to the, "Marriage Index Check", but being on week three of the admin review, I hope that it will come anytime.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 11:43 am
Scott and Nanette

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redbutterfly
Hi Scott, just want to ask why they conduct marriage index check if shes in K1 suppose to be CENOMAR ( means shes single) is the document to submit since you arent married yet. Pls enlighten me in this. Thanks and regards.

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

I just want to know the nature of marriage index check if you go for k1 before. Thanks!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:40 pm
Scott and Nanette

That is odd, I posted a whole paragraph and now it is blank? Anyway the nature of it?

National Statistics Office has what is called a CENOMAR, (Certificate of No Marriage). The research to verify that the applicant has never been married. One may obtain their own at any time from NSO, but embassy will have to get their own if the feel it to be needed. Generaly for those over 25, as the embassy feels that that is a, "Marriable Age". I recommend that one gets it anyway, as it seems logical that it would aid the NSO if embassy deems it to be needed in that NSO would have all the info needed to do it again. I was told by the consulate at the embassy that their, "Marriage Index Check" is more advanced than the standard version. I am however, just an average person who went through the system, and am not offering legal advise My info is based soley on my own experience.

You can visit the NSO homepage and scroll for email addresses. Lordes Huffana is the officer in charge of embassy Cenomar requests.

Scott
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, Scott I got it, Thanks for the info.

Regards!

National Statistics Office has what is called a CENOMAR, (Certificate of No Marriage). The research to verify that the applicant has never been married. One may obtain their own at any time from NSO, but embassy will have to get their own if the feel it to be needed. Generaly for those over 25, as the embassy feels that that is a, "Marriable Age". I recommend that one gets it anyway, as it seems logical that it would aid the NSO if embassy deems it to be needed in that NSO would have all the info needed to do it again. I was told by the consulate at the embassy that their, "Marriage Index Check" is more advanced than the standard version. I am however, just an average person who went through the system, and am not offering legal advise My info is based soley on my own experience.

You can visit the NSO homepage and scroll for email addresses. Lordes Huffana is the officer in charge of embassy Cenomar requests.

Scott [/QUOTE]