Reload this Page >

To Be Mailed - Forms for K-1 Visa Interview Date

Wikiposts

To Be Mailed - Forms for K-1 Visa Interview Date

Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Jade84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Be Mailed - Forms for K-1 Visa Interview Date

I posted this in my last thread, but just wanted to have it easily accessible, so I'm making a separate thread for it.

I think I've got everything we need, just want to double check with you guys.

To be mailed in:

*completed IV-15, SIGNED and checklist
*completed and signed DS 230
*completed and UNSIGNED DS-157, in duplicate
*completed and UNSIGNED DS-156 K, in duplicate
*completed and UNSIGNED DS-156, in duplicate

We have the photos that meet the standards, but I can't find anywhere in the link that says the photos should be affixed to the DS-156. Do we take those in to the interview? Or should they be mailed in with the rest of these forms and the checklist?

If there's anything I'm overlooking, please mention. I've read, re-read, and read again....I hope I've got it right this time.

For the items we are taking to the interview, they are:

Passport and photocopies
Birth certificate and photocopies
N/A adoption certif
N/A military records
N/A court records
Photographs
Evidence of support
N/A Marriage certificates
N/A divorce certificates
Notarized statement
N/A deed poll
Police certificate
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: To Be Mailed - Forms for K-1 Visa Interview Date

Also, do you think it would be beneficial to have Oli take a letter of intent (basically stating that he plans to enter the US within 30 days of receiving his visa and that we plan to marry within 30 days of his arrival) to the interview?

I can whip that up, no problem. I just want to have as much as possible for them to see that we are totally legit.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jade84
Also, do you think it would be beneficial to have Oli take a letter of intent (basically stating that he plans to enter the US within 30 days of receiving his visa and that we plan to marry within 30 days of his arrival) to the interview?

I can whip that up, no problem. I just want to have as much as possible for them to see that we are totally legit.
Not needed and it's only making more work for yourself.

Take the photos with you to the interview.

You'll need copies of your police cert.

Make sure you have all the supporting documents necessary for your evidence of support (I'm assuming you're using an I-134).
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Not needed and it's only making more work for yourself.

Take the photos with you to the interview.

You'll need copies of your police cert.

Make sure you have all the supporting documents necessary for your evidence of support (I'm assuming you're using an I-134).
So, just to clarify, the photos DO NOT need to be attached to the DS-156 prior to sending it off with the other forms and the checklist?

Glad to know I don't have to write another letter. That's good news.

Lastly, anybody have any recommendations for a place that does the visa photos to the correct size specifications that are mentioned on the embassy website? We live in York and I can't seem to find anything.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

This place http://www.gouldpharmacy.com/ does US spec photos and are located abt 100 yards from the embassy. You can also leave your mobile phone etc there. For places in York - try searching online or phoning a few places.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

(meant to say above) Yes, take the pictures with you to the interview.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
(meant to say above) Yes, take the pictures with you to the interview.

Hooray! That means I have everything ready to mail off tomorrow!

Thanks again for your help. I'm sure you know what a lifesaver this forum is for us newbies.

He's going for his medical shortly after Christmas. I guess he could swing by one of these places and get the photos done in London while he's there for the medical, bring them back with him, and then take them with all the other docs when it comes time for the interview (which will hopefully be in January). That would be okay, right?