Wikiposts

Madrid K1 Report

Old Feb 24th 2004, 4:00 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Madrid K1 Report

great news.. I am happy for you..

congrats sibsie
Old Feb 24th 2004, 4:30 am
Danny Davis

Congratulations! Now the fun part, but at least you will be together. My
wife just got her green card in December. Happy Hunting
Dan
"sibsie" <member17406@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I went to the docs this morning to get my results at 9,30am. They were
    > late coming in due to rain (well silly me of course that would delay it)
    > I was cutting it fine but just got to the Embassy for 10.30am. I was
    > the only K visa for the day. No queues at all to get in.
    > They don´t
    > let you take in anything other than your paperwork so be prepared to
    > have to leave your handbags and briefcases at security.
    > I got called
    > straight to window 16 and the nice lady went through all my paperwork.
    > She seemed to take a very long time with my birth cert but I had the
    > original long form and 5 certified copies which I´d got done at the
    > British consulate in Alicante.
    > The other forms I handed over were the
    > DS156, DS156k DS230 parts 1 and 2. I wasn´t using the I134 but instead
    > provided my own financial details which was all fine. I also had two
    > ADIT style photos. Long story but I don´t have a reliable mail service
    > in my village and never received either the packet 3 or 4. Instead I
    > downloaded the forms and that was all fine with the consulate.
    > I was
    > missing the DS157 which apparently you do have to do regardless of sex
    > or country of origin. I filled in another there and then and then took
    > a seat to wait to be called again.
    > I had to wait about 15 mins and got
    > chatting to various American people who had all been robbed and were
    > getting replacement passports etc., One was from a place about 10 mins
    > from my new home so we had a nice chat.
    > Other than that it was really
    > quiet in there with maybe 20 people in all waiting for various things.
    > After 15 mins I got called up to Window Three. The lovely Con Off,
    > David swore me in.
    > He asked me what Steve did for a living, then we had
    > a quick chat about flying. He asked me where I was going to live. He
    > knew the place so we had a chat about that. He asked me about my job in
    > London and we had a quick chat about the weather which was pretty awful.
    > I wasn´t asked for proof of relationship or anything else. He asked
    > me what I thought of life in Spain. I told him and he tended to agree!
    > That was it. He said everything was fine, that he was happy to grant
    > my visa. He briefly explained the conditions of the visa. Due to my
    > postal probs he said I could come back tomorrow to collect it or he
    > would courier it. I opted for courier as I have too much to do back at
    > home to spend another night in Madrid.
    > I was out by 11.30 and popped
    > over to Starbucks to see my mum!
    > All in all, after my anxiety of the
    > morning and the last 48 hours I was amazed I was in and out so quickly.
    > They were really lovely people and very helpful.
    > I´m flying back to the
    > Costa tonight and will start booking flights etc.,
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:50 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo, congratulations on your visa! Let me tell you that you are one lucky girl. You got yours even faster than Karen, and she seemed to have a record going. Have fun packing and all...and getting to see your love in no time.

PS Talking about Chicago...I'll be heading that way myself in a weeks time. Hubby and I are visiting a good friend in Minneapolis and are planning a day/night trip to Chicago. I've seen the airport before, but this time I'll also get to experience the city! Same goes for MSP...been to the airport but never the city. Save us some snow!

Last edited by Steffi; Feb 24th 2004 at 6:52 am.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Great Sibs!! Congrats!!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:20 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
I went to the docs this morning to get my results at 9,30am. They were late coming in due to rain (well silly me of course that would delay it)

I was cutting it fine but just got to the Embassy for 10.30am. I was the only K visa for the day. No queues at all to get in.

They don´t let you take in anything other than your paperwork so be prepared to have to leave your handbags and briefcases at security.

I got called straight to window 16 and the nice lady went through all my paperwork. She seemed to take a very long time with my birth cert but I had the original long form and 5 certified copies which I´d got done at the British consulate in Alicante.

The other forms I handed over were the DS156, DS156k DS230 parts 1 and 2. I wasn´t using the I134 but instead provided my own financial details which was all fine. I also had two ADIT style photos. Long story but I don´t have a reliable mail service in my village and never received either the packet 3 or 4. Instead I downloaded the forms and that was all fine with the consulate.

I was missing the DS157 which apparently you do have to do regardless of sex or country of origin. I filled in another there and then and then took a seat to wait to be called again.

I had to wait about 15 mins and got chatting to various American people who had all been robbed and were getting replacement passports etc., One was from a place about 10 mins from my new home so we had a nice chat.

Other than that it was really quiet in there with maybe 20 people in all waiting for various things.

After 15 mins I got called up to Window Three. The lovely Con Off, David swore me in.

He asked me what Steve did for a living, then we had a quick chat about flying. He asked me where I was going to live. He knew the place so we had a chat about that. He asked me about my job in London and we had a quick chat about the weather which was pretty awful.

I wasn´t asked for proof of relationship or anything else. He asked me what I thought of life in Spain. I told him and he tended to agree!

That was it. He said everything was fine, that he was happy to grant my visa. He briefly explained the conditions of the visa. Due to my postal probs he said I could come back tomorrow to collect it or he would courier it. I opted for courier as I have too much to do back at home to spend another night in Madrid.

I was out by 11.30 and popped over to Starbucks to see my mum!

All in all, after my anxiety of the morning and the last 48 hours I was amazed I was in and out so quickly. They were really lovely people and very helpful.

I´m flying back to the Costa tonight and will start booking flights etc.,

Sibsie!!

I am so glad to hear everything went well!!!
Wooo I am so happy for you!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
I can't wait for you to get online!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:05 pm
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

Congrats, Sibs!! Sounds like it all went fabulously smoothly for you, lucky girl! Now, get yourself on a plane...quick!!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:04 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Fantastic news!!

Congrats Sibsie, i'm sure your elated
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:28 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sdmousy
Hi Sibsie!

Congratulations!!! Yippee!
I was just wondering if you were a Spanish resident? The reason why I'm asking is b/c my fiance has been asked to get a police clearance from Spain but we didn't think that we could get one b/c he was never a Spanish resident....
I never registered for Residencia as I knew early on I wouldn't be staying and it's taking around 18 months to process them. If you're an EU resident it's not essential to do and if you're an EU citizen working here on a contract of employment you don't need one at all.

You can still get the forms. Just leave the DNI part blank.

Eric S. Yes I did get the vaccinations done. It is odd that once I got to the docs in Madrid he said I didn't need them and I was never asked for the vaccination record. I assume I'll be needing them for AOS so I have them now.

Karen D. Yes to the push up bra, gripper knickers and pouty lips. I'm going to go for the holy grail that is the EAD at Boston!

Everyone else thanks so much. I know I've been super quick and my heart does go out to all you still waiting.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 1:39 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Karen D. Yes to the push up bra, gripper knickers and pouty lips. I'm going to go for the holy grail that is the EAD at Boston!
HaHaHa!!

I sure do hope you don't get stuck with a woman interviewer.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mrs Pink Garden. I´ll be off in about 14 days and I´m a frequent visitor to Chicago so I´ll defo be looking you up.
I didn't realize Mr. and Mrs. Pink lived in Chicago. I have tons of family in Chicago, I live about 2 1/2 hours away, and I frequently go to Chicago. That's going to be my hunny's POE!!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 3:40 am
Eric S.

Hey sibsie,

So you're coming to Boston? Welcome in advance! Do you have a date for
your wedding planned yet? We're getting married in mid-April, so we may be
a little ahead of you in the process. Feel free to ask us questions.

I don't know if you saw my post the other day, but up until this month you
could get EAD and Advance Parole at the Boston office on the same day as you
filed for AOS. But they just discontinued that. See:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...m#anchor155614

We were lucky twice so far. Once because we filed at VSC and twice because
my fiance entered through New York and got her EAD stamp at the POE. I
guess our luck had to run out sometime!

Maybe we'll be lucky again and they'll change that policy back by the time
we file in April. I won't hold my breath, though.

Have a good trip and good luck with the rest of the process!

- Eric S.

"sibsie" <member17406@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Eric S. Yes I did get the
    > vaccinations done. It is odd that once I got to the docs in Madrid he
    > said I didn't need them and I was never asked for the vaccination
    > record. I assume I'll be needing them for AOS so I have them now.
    > Karen D. Yes to the push up bra, gripper knickers and pouty
    > lips. I'm going to go for the holy grail that is the EAD at Boston!
    > Everyone else thanks so much. I know I've been super quick and my
    > heart does go out to all you still waiting.

Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:55 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
HaHaHa!!

I sure do hope you don't get stuck with a woman interviewer.
Hey, she could enjoy it as well!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:30 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi
Hey, she could enjoy it as well!
From the mouths of babes.

Actually I was going to make some inappropriate remarks to that effect, but I refrained.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:33 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
From the mouths of babes.

Actually I was going to make some inappropriate remarks to that effect, but I refrained.
: Evil!!!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:34 am

I'm going to go for the holy grail that is the EAD at Boston!
LOL girlie You crack me up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.