Wikiposts

Made it! Fun with POE!

Old Feb 11th 2004, 6:26 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Made it! Fun with POE!

Originally posted by Steffi
Woohoo! I can feel the butterflies from here.

Well, nothing about this is the way we had it *planned*, but I think we've decided to just take a breath and enjoy it---in fact, everyone keeps asking us how we're doing and we just look at one another, grin, and say, uh....fine! I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life, and for that I am truly blessed.

The issue with his hand and needing to commence therapy soon has forced us into getting married on Friday rather than the original April date. I've got a nice floor length ivory dress and we got him measured up for a suit on Sunday, have flowers coming tomorrow afternoon, he's got an appt. for a haircut this afternoon and off we go!

As far as his hand.........he's getting some fairly good movement from all the fingers and he's working hard at it. The scarring is coming along and the bruising is fading in many areas. We spent about an hour on Sunday cleaning it up---a nailbrush and a bowl of warm water works wonders! I'm so proud of him at how hard he's trying---he is quite an inspiration to me and I can't wait to see what he does when he is able to start actual therapy in a week or two.

It feels so "normal" to have him in the house---my three children have welcomed him in and are so excited about the wedding (they will miss the morning of school on Friday but I somehow don't think that's the biggest draw to them!) We met with the Pastor on Monday and are going to "wing" it without a rehearsal (as Mr. P. says, "we've both been through this before"! )

The whole feel of our life together is good and as calm as it can be with everything that's gone on lately. Everyone has been so welcoming of him---my family, my church, my co-workers........we couldn't ask for any more support that what people have been willing to give.

We're trying to negotiate for picture takers on Friday (no time to get a photog!) so hopefully someone will step forward and we can post some shots.

With Love to you all,
~SG and Mr. P.

P.S. afterthought---------had a bit of trouble when we went to apply for the marriage license.........they didn't like the looks of his divorce decree------no judge's signature, but out flew the binder full of documentation and they relented! *WHEW!*
Old Feb 11th 2004, 6:28 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Could be a different story in less than forty eight hours though......the wedding is Friday morning!
Wooooooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!! You and Mr. P are so obviously made for each other! I'll be thinking of you both on Friday, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather! ) about your big day! All the very best!!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:18 am
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all

Congratulations!

Thanks for relating your experiences.

Jeff
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:36 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased you got the time to pop in and update us SG. I can't wait to hear all about the wedding and see the pics.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 10:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SecretGarden
I think it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen......
Yes we understand that!! but what about his hand...
Well somebody had to say it....Old one are the best...
Old Feb 15th 2004, 3:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

DOH!!

Sorry I'm so late to this thread. I've been MIA since last week. I loved hearing from both of you. I guess by now you're actually "married". WOW!! That must be a fantastic feeling.

Congratulations and much love.

Leslie
Old Feb 15th 2004, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
DOH!!

Sorry I'm so late to this thread. I've been MIA since last week. I loved hearing from both of you. I guess by now you're actually "married". WOW!! That must be a fantastic feeling.

Congratulations and much love.

Leslie
Where was I that I missed this post!?!!?! Congrats on your easy entrance! Welcome to America! Hope you were able to get something of a honemoon!

Jamie
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Aah, bless you both!

Apologies for the delay in replying, been away for a bit. I knew your big day was Feb 3rd but I really didn't expect to see this post!

Many congrats to you and SG on your immigration and glad to hear that you are probably living together by now as man and wife.

So glad to hear good news (and a great read, thanks!) from two very lovely people. Hope all continues to go well for you both.

Karen