Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Lots of K1 approvals but no K3 :(

Lots of K1 approvals but no K3 :(

Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:56 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lots of K1 approvals but no K3 :(

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
Hi and yes i hope we get approvals soon i figure around April or May and then we shall hear from London by June or early july everhopeful
I will be going K3 because our attorny sent a note on both files that we will Adjust Status once i am in US so we are a definite K3 filer now.

USCIS are slow and well i guess they get a lot of petitions so yes paitence is needed. I have not seen my husband in person since August 25th It really is killing me now because like you i thought 6 months max since we are married. USCIS i thought would give priority to Married couples but i guess i was wrong
I know for sure we should be together by our wedding anniversary 15th August i really hope for that
Hang in there it will happen The months are passing and i can't wait till i see our NOA2's then it will pass even more

Oh i read and checked out about the New Police Certificate.
i will have to get one i already got one 2 weeks ago but the US embassy will require newer version come the time i get my interview so im filling out the forms again!

I am in Scotland and hubby in Florida

Good luck and keep in touch let me know how your getting on

Michelle
Hi Michelle

Firstly we really are in a similar position. I'm in Scotland and my hubby is in Florida too. We also got married last August (27th), and it certainly would be nice to be over there by our first anniversary. Fortunately my darling husband has left it to me to do all the info gathering, as I have more time than him.

I have a concern about the new police certificates as they don't apply to Scotland, but I was thinking that the Disclosure Scotland Criminal Records Check Certificate would be the same thing. I'll check into that and let you know.

I really feel for you. I've seen my darling husband twice since this started, and he's back over a week on Saturday for two weeks. I'm also going to investigate the VWP to see if I can meet the requirements to visit there while we wait. It would certainly be nice to finally see our new home, and I would be more than willing to come back for a short time to finish the process back here. Perhaps you should consider that too. It's amazing how cheap flights can be between Scotland and Florida in the summer.

Hope we both get some good news in the next few weeks

Lynann
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by LynannC
Hi Michelle

Firstly we really are in a similar position. I'm in Scotland and my hubby is in Florida too. We also got married last August (27th), and it certainly would be nice to be over there by our first anniversary. Fortunately my darling husband has left it to me to do all the info gathering, as I have more time than him.

I have a concern about the new police certificates as they don't apply to Scotland, but I was thinking that the Disclosure Scotland Criminal Records Check Certificate would be the same thing. I'll check into that and let you know.

I really feel for you. I've seen my darling husband twice since this started, and he's back over a week on Saturday for two weeks. I'm also going to investigate the VWP to see if I can meet the requirements to visit there while we wait. It would certainly be nice to finally see our new home, and I would be more than willing to come back for a short time to finish the process back here. Perhaps you should consider that too. It's amazing how cheap flights can be between Scotland and Florida in the summer.

Hope we both get some good news in the next few weeks

Lynann
Hi Lynann

I am so happy you get to see your hubby it does break the waiting time for sure ! I am not so lucky My husband just started a new job last week because the company he worked for closed it doors due to bad management and all the staff were without a job so for 4 months he was not working now he is again but even worse he is working in Louisiana and not Naples, FL where he lives. I know he hates travelling with work but needs must right now. He is a Project Manager for a construction company, while the money is good i would rather have him closer to home, maybe that will change when i get there.

I bet you excited to see your hubby You wont have to wait too long till your together, we should see approvals either April or May time Thats what im hoping for

I called about the new Police Certificate and they said access certificates will be phased out pretty soon so maybe i have the correct cert for the embassy as it was provided by Scotland Yard and is a full criminal check ....glad to say i have a clean record so i never worry about that stuff, anyways, i hope its the correct one i got and i dont have to get another.

If you have proof of ties to UK then you may well get to go visit your hubby. I don't own my home but i do have a full-time job here but i called London Embassy help line and they said it's unlikely i'd get passed POE to visit my hubby as i dont show strong enough ties so im stuck here till either he can come see me or i get visa to go.

Good Luck whatever happens

Michelle
Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
... but even worse he is working in Louisiana and not Naples, FL where he lives.
Hi Michelle,

Did your husband keep his permanent address in Florida? Make sure he has someone checking the mail over there regularly, in case your approval notices show up.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Michelle,

Did your husband keep his permanent address in Florida? Make sure he has someone checking the mail over there regularly, in case your approval notices show up.

Rene
Hi Rene
Yes he has kept his address as his son still lives there with jeff's parents being in Fl till May or June they are staying at the house too. Also Jeff plans to keep the address till i arrive

Michelle