Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Lots of K1 approvals but no K3 :(

Lots of K1 approvals but no K3 :(

Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Lots of K1 approvals but no K3 :(

I see a lot of K1 approvals but no K3
Thought K3's were supposed to be faster ?

I am always pleased when i see approvals no matter the visa type but it would be nice to see K3's getting some NOA2 ( approvals)
Any October filing K3 approvals lately ?
Good Luck to all

Michelle
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lots of K1 approvals but no K3 :(

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
I see a lot of K1 approvals but no K3

I am always pleased when i see approvals no matter the visa type but it would be nice to see K3's getting some NOA2 ( approvals)
Any October filing K3 approvals lately ?
Good Luck to all

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Are you talking about only the I-129F approvals, or the actual visa approvals?

If you are talking about the I-129F approvals, K-1's will be faster...simply because for the K-1 process there is only the waiting period for one petition, the I-129F. For the K-3 process, there is the waiting period for the NOA from the I-130 plus the waiting period for the NOA from the I-129F.

Rene
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Plus, you are one of only a very few people these days who have filed for a K-3 visa, so there aren't as many people on the forum doing a K-3. But many people file for a K-1 visa, so that's why you see more K-1 postings than K-3's. To my knowledge, there's only a handful of people on this forum right now doing a K-3, maybe even less than a handful.

Rene
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Plus, you are one of only a very few people these days who have filed for a K-3 visa, so there aren't as many people on the forum doing a K-3. But many people file for a K-1 visa, so that's why you see more K-1 postings than K-3's. To my knowledge, there's only a handful of people on this forum right now doing a K-3, maybe even less than a handful.

Rene
Thanks for that info eventhough there is very few on here going K3 it would be nice to see approvals I am sure it will happen soon as we filed the I-130 back in Oct 2007 we didn't get the NOA1 till Jan 14th 2008 then we filed the I-129F Jan 14th 2008 got NOA1 for that Jan 18th 2008. our files have been touched a few times going by what i seen online.
Our I-130 last touch date is 06th March.08 but the I-129F is still sitting at last touch 24th Feb 2008.

Fingers crossed they will both get approved soon with a little luck the files might get approved at the same time. Our attorney did attach a note on our files that we will AOS in USA so that they know we are going K3.

getting through my days living in hope it will all come to an end soon

Good luck to all waiting

Michelle
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:53 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Hi

We also filed for a K3, although perhaps foolishly after reading some of the other postings. We also thought it would be quicker, but now we are hopeful that the I-130 hits the NVC first and cancels out the K3.

We filed (for the second time!!) in Nov. It was received Nov 9th and we only got our receipt back Jan 22nd. My darling hubby then fedexedthe I-129f Feb 4th. It was received Feb 11th and we got the receipt back from Vermont Feb 16th. Both files have only been looked at once since. The I-130 was looked at Feb 24th and the K3 Feb 27th.

We had no idea when we got married in August that we would be apart for a year or longer. Fortunately he's been able to come over a couple of times for a visit, but his next visit in two weeks will be his last as we are running out of money for him to take time off unpaid and do the transatlantic thing every couple of months. I don't want to risk the VWP because I don't have enough proof of ties to the UK. I am living with my parents while we go through this immigration nightmare, and only work part-time because when I moved home I didn't think I would be here for more than 6 months.

Anyway you are just a few weeks ahead of us in the queue, so you will probably here back before us.

Hopefully we'll both get our NOA2 in the next few weeks.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LynannC
Hi

We also filed for a K3, although perhaps foolishly after reading some of the other postings. We also thought it would be quicker, but now we are hopeful that the I-130 hits the NVC first and cancels out the K3.

We filed (for the second time!!) in Nov. It was received Nov 9th and we only got our receipt back Jan 22nd. My darling hubby then fedexedthe I-129f Feb 4th. It was received Feb 11th and we got the receipt back from Vermont Feb 16th. Both files have only been looked at once since. The I-130 was looked at Feb 24th and the K3 Feb 27th.

We had no idea when we got married in August that we would be apart for a year or longer. Fortunately he's been able to come over a couple of times for a visit, but his next visit in two weeks will be his last as we are running out of money for him to take time off unpaid and do the transatlantic thing every couple of months. I don't want to risk the VWP because I don't have enough proof of ties to the UK. I am living with my parents while we go through this immigration nightmare, and only work part-time because when I moved home I didn't think I would be here for more than 6 months.

Anyway you are just a few weeks ahead of us in the queue, so you will probably here back before us.

Hopefully we'll both get our NOA2 in the next few weeks.
Hi and yes i hope we get approvals soon i figure around April or May and then we shall hear from London by June or early july everhopeful
I will be going K3 because our attorny sent a note on both files that we will Adjust Status once i am in US so we are a definite K3 filer now.

USCIS are slow and well i guess they get a lot of petitions so yes paitence is needed. I have not seen my husband in person since August 25th It really is killing me now because like you i thought 6 months max since we are married. USCIS i thought would give priority to Married couples but i guess i was wrong
I know for sure we should be together by our wedding anniversary 15th August i really hope for that
Hang in there it will happen The months are passing and i can't wait till i see our NOA2's then it will pass even more

Oh i read and checked out about the New Police Certificate.
i will have to get one i already got one 2 weeks ago but the US embassy will require newer version come the time i get my interview so im filling out the forms again!

I am in Scotland and hubby in Florida

Good luck and keep in touch let me know how your getting on

Michelle
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Faster than what?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Faster than what?
Faster than I-130..I read that the reason K3's were implemented was to reunite families sooner. While K3 process is still alive and kicking and i'm going through it .....my only wish is they were processed in a 6 month timeframe making the K3 more valid.

Michelle
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:09 am

USCIS i thought would give priority to Married couples but i guess i was wrong
Actually, you are right, USCIS *does* give priority to Married and Engaged couples. That's why there's a visa number immediately available to them and their cases process right away, as opposed to other categories where they have to wait years to even get a visa number available to start processing the paperwork.

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:12 am

Faster than I-130..I read that the reason K3's were implemented was to reunite families sooner. While K3 process is still alive and kicking and i'm going through it .....my only wish is they were processed in a 6 month timeframe making the K3 more valid.

Michelle
That is old information. That was from when the I-130's were taking YEARS to process instead of 8 to 10 months. When the I-130 was taking 2 or 3 years, the K-3 could be received in under a year, thus reuiniting the married couple sooner than the 2 - 3 years it took the I-130 to process.

Nowadays, USCIS has become more efficient (imagine that!) so that the I-130 processing has sped up to under a year as well, making it a sort of neck-and-neck tie between the I-130 and the K-3 processing. The K-3 really doesn't bring someone to the USA much faster than the I-130 these days. Maybe a month or two, but not very much faster than that.

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

That is old information. That was from when the I-130's were taking YEARS to process instead of 8 to 10 months. When the I-130 was taking 2 or 3 years, the K-3 could be received in under a year, thus reuiniting the married couple sooner than the 2 - 3 years it took the I-130 to process.

Nowadays, USCIS has become more efficient (imagine that!) so that the I-130 processing has sped up to under a year as well, making it a sort of neck-and-neck tie between the I-130 and the K-3 processing. The K-3 really doesn't bring someone to the USA much faster than the I-130 these days. Maybe a month or two, but not very much faster than that.

Rene
I guess ppl like myself and others going through this process with USCIS are not fully aware of the Information being old as i have not studied USCIS indepth so others like me will only find things out from here because you guys obviously study the happenings on a daily basis getting all the updated knowledge of USCIS, that's where its great to come on here and ask as much as we can about how USCIS operate.

Like the new police certificate...i would have never know about that had i not come on here and read about it.

Thanks for all the help you guys give

maybe a K3 approval will happen soon ...i live in hope
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:25 am

I guess ppl like myself and others going through this process with USCIS are not fully aware of the Information being old as i have not studied USCIS indepth so others like me will only find things out from here because you guys obviously study the happenings on a daily basis getting all the updated knowledge of USCIS, that's where its great to come on here and ask as much as we can about how USCIS operate.
That's true...although I thought we mentioned this when you were asking questions way back at the beginning, before you decided on the K-3...I don't recall now....

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

That's true...although I thought we mentioned this when you were asking questions way back at the beginning, before you decided on the K-3...I don't recall now....

Rene
My lawyer decided on K3 and my husband just took his advice ...i was not happy if you remember but it has gone ahead because my husband is more impaitent than me and there is nothing i can do now...i never read deeply into K3 i was more focused on I-130 and if i were there face to face with attorney and been more forceful with my husband I would have over ruled the attorney talking my hubby into K3, telling him it will bring me here quicker which was music to my hubby's ears.... anyways, im no expert so im on the
K3 route now and yes i do read horror stories about AOS, waiting time etc... But im sure there is happy ones too
I hope to be one those happy K3 filers because for sure we are going to file AOS as soon as i get there Nothing like getting the ball rolling

Michelle
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle
The way your original message is written looks like you are comparing K-3 to K-1.

I'm pretty sure it's been spelled out here that the K-3 process was implemented to reunite families faster.
Where 'faster' = faster than 3 years.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:43 am

My lawyer decided on K3 and my husband just took his advice ...i was not happy if you remember but it has gone ahead because my husband is more impaitent than me and there is nothing i can do now...i never read deeply into K3 i was more focused on I-130 and if i were there face to face with attorney and been more forceful with my husband I would have over ruled the attorney talking my hubby into K3, telling him it will bring me here quicker which was music to my hubby's ears.... anyways, im no expert so im on the
K3 route now and yes i do read horror stories about AOS, waiting time etc... But im sure there is happy ones too
I hope to be one those happy K3 filers because for sure we are going to file AOS as soon as i get there Nothing like getting the ball rolling

Michelle
You have a good attitude for sure! Keep up the good patience and when you get to the USA, you can take more control of what's happening with your AOS - hubby can watch and learn from you - you go girl!

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.