Wikiposts

Lost my INS receipt

Old Jan 31st 2003, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lahari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost my INS receipt

I have filed my fiances petition on Dec 24th. I received a receipt on Jan 1st. But i lost it. I never saw the status and i dont have the receipt number now. Please tell me how i can find my receipt number.
Thank you
lahari
Old Jan 31st 2003, 3:45 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

At least you got one to start with.
Write to them, or go to the offices and enqiure in person.
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 1:51 am
Marius

Default Re: Lost my INS receipt

The receipt number should be printed on your cancelled check.

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

i sent a cashiers cheque taken in a bank in india. can i find the number if i go to the bank. please explain eloboratly.

lahari
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 3:41 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Lahari
i sent a cashiers cheque taken in a bank in india. can i find the number if i go to the bank. please explain eloboratly.

lahari
Theoretically, yes. Checks are normally returned to the originating bank, who may not still have the physical check, but may have a copy of it on microfilm. You may be able to obtain a copy from them.
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by nathan barley
Theoretically, yes. Checks are normally returned to the originating bank, who may not still have the physical check, but may have a copy of it on microfilm. You may be able to obtain a copy from them.

would a phone call to the VSC be able to help me? Can they give me the number with my last name and the sent date? i have been try to call them. the phone is engaged.

Thank you
Lahari
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 6:58 am
Corpsicle

Originally posted by Lahari
would a phone call to the VSC be able to help me? Can they give me the number with my last name and the sent date? i have been try to call them. the phone is engaged.

Thank you
Lahari
I'd try it, for sure. It may be the case that they can help you over the phone, either that or they will mail out a copy of the details to your address.