Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Lost Conditional Card, but filed I-751

Lost Conditional Card, but filed I-751

Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost Conditional Card, but filed I-751

Originally Posted by Lost Card
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. I did not yet - still hoping it will be found. Do you know by any chance how it will effect my present I-751 petition? I don't even have a stamp in a passport, as am not sure where to get it and how and if I need it at all.....

Did you make a copy of the card for your files? It won't affect your I-751 petition, however, at the time of approval you will have to return the old card. At least if you have the police report you have some proof that you no longer have the card to return.

You don't need the stamp in your passport unless you are planning on traveling outside of the US. The notice of action extending your residency is all that is needed at the moment.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ian,

I see from your profile you have been an 'immigrant' for a while. Or you are beeing treated on this forum so nice, that you wouldn't leave?

Thanks for all your help!

hehehe, Ian is an oldie but goodie and lives up to his description in his mini profile. Note that was changed because he found "kindness" after all these years.

Love ya, Ian, sweetie.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I see from your profile you have been an 'immigrant' for a while.
My "US adventure" started over 11 years ago. At that time, these forums didn't exist and information was scarce, but with the help of a few good folks (= Rete, Alvena, Doc (to mention a few)), Sheila and I managed to successfully complete the K-1, AOS, and naturalization process! I became a USC in June 2004 - about 6.5 years after starting the K-1 process.

Or you are beeing treated on this forum so nice, that you wouldn't leave?
The long-time regulars in this forum are like my extended family. It's important for those who have been through the process, to help others.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Love ya, Ian, sweetie.
Love ya, Rete! Mean it!

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Lost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really nice

Did you make a copy of the card for your files?
I don't. But my attorney should or the HR Department in the office. Since you are asking, I am guessing the officer would like to see it along with the police report.

Now, during all that correspondece with all of you guys, I realize how awfully irresponsible we have been regarding the immigration issues...i can't even find that extension note. Do you think the immigration usually send the same Notice to the party who actually file all the forms (i.e. the attorney)?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Lost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really niceLost Card is just really nice

hehehe, Ian is an oldie but goodie and lives up to his description in his mini profile. Note that was changed because he found "kindness" after all these years.

Love ya, Ian, sweetie.
"Found kindness" - like Ian says, everyone is like a family here.

Honestly, that's what I have been feeling when reading all your replies. If it were not for all of you here, this would be the most miserably awful weekend ...

Thanks a million to all!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
My "US adventure" started over 11 years ago. At that time, these forums didn't exist and information was scarce, but with the help of a few good folks (= Rete, Alvena, Doc (to mention a few)), Sheila and I managed to successfully complete the K-1, AOS, and naturalization process! I became a USC in June 2004 - about 6.5 years after starting the K-1 process.

Ian
Ian, though half of the abbreviations are totally unfamiliar to me...I am happy for you. Congrats! (just to confirm: USC - US Citizen, correct?)
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:50 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I don't. But my attorney should or the HR Department in the office. Since you are asking, I am guessing the officer would like to see it along with the police report.

Now, during all that correspondece with all of you guys, I realize how awfully irresponsible we have been regarding the immigration issues...i can't even find that extension note. Do you think the immigration usually send the same Notice to the party who actually file all the forms (i.e. the attorney)?
Maybe. Shoot an email over to your lawyer now so she can answer tomorrow.

Like I said, they can look you up in the puter, but the more ammo YOU have the better off you are always.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Maybe. Shoot an email over to your lawyer now so she can answer tomorrow.

Like I said, they can look you up in the puter, but the more ammo YOU have the better off you are always.
True. Oh it seems like it's going to be a super long and intense week - and all because of our own negligence.

Have a good week, meauxna!

Lena
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Ian, though half of the abbreviations are totally unfamiliar to me...I am happy for you.
Thanks! Umm... K-1 = fiance visa; AOS = adjustment of status (something you must have done successfully otherwise you wouldn't have filed an I-751 to remove conditions on your status); USC = yes, US citizen!

Don't worry... the longer you hang around here, the more familiar you'll become with the acronyms! Oh... and we *do* expect you to hang around!

Ian
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:51 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=ian-mstm;7046911)
Don't worry... the longer you hang around here, the more familiar you'll become with the acronyms! Oh... and we *do* expect you to hang around!

Ian[/QUOTE]

Lol - so true. Even today when speaking to my attorney, I felt like I knew exactly what I was talking about. Thanks guys!

So, the good news - I have a copy of the GC and will get the extension letter from the attorney. Now step No. 2 - InfoPass, which I thought would muuuch easier than they make it.

So, I went to the web site and saw the following:

Please select Kind of Service you need

1)You need Service on a case that has already been filed

2)You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your Permanent Resident Card

3)You want to file an application in person

4)You need information or other services

5)You need a form.

When choosing option #1, I am asked to choose from the following 4 options:

1)Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

2) Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

3)EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

4) Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

If I choose option #4, I am being sent here:

Information and Other Services
Instead of an appointment, we recommend you visit www.uscis.gov.
At this site you can -
Review fact Sheets that describe available benefits and services

Now I am confused and don't know what to do. We need assistance with the case already filed, but looks like further alternatives under the option #1 do not apply to our case.

On the other hand, I could choose option #4 (which is the most general), but would the officer have competence to assist with the issue we have?

Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you get the same officers no matter what option you choose. Go ahead and choose 4 and see what happens.

I thought there was a choice for "I need to speak to an agent in person" or some such thing? I've never done Infopass, so I'm not sure, but that sounds familiar.

Rene
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I thought there was a choice for "I need to speak to an agent in person" or some such thing?
I think you get that choice if you don't choose any other option.

Ianf
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

My question is , if his lost Conditional green card is expired and he will file I-90
what card they will issue? A expired one??
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by milan79
... what card they will issue? A expired one??
Hmm... good question. My gut feeling says: yes. My brain says: no, that'd be stupid. Damn you... this is going to keep me up tonight!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.