Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Looking for New Friends in NJ/NY

Looking for New Friends in NJ/NY

Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:50 am
Just Joined

kellsbells is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking for New Friends in NJ/NY

Hi, I've been here about 10 months now, and am really enjoying my experience. However, I'd love to meet some new people and make new friends. I live in North New Jersey and am only 20 minutes away from NYC. Anyone out there interested in making a new friend? Don't get me wrong, I do have friends here, but am always up for making new ones too.
Get in touch if you're interested.
Kelbel
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for New Friends in NJ/NY

Hi Kelbel,

Whereabouts in North Jersey are you? I'm in Morris County.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by denzil75
Hi Kelbel,

Whereabouts in North Jersey are you? I'm in Morris County.
Hi, I'm in North Arlington in Bergen County. I'm not that familiar with the area, so I don't know how you are?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kellsbells
Hi, I'm in North Arlington in Bergen County. I'm not that familiar with the area, so I don't know how you are?
Sorry, that should have said how far you are!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Sorry, that should have said how far you are!
No worries, we are over near Morristown, I think you are further east than us, perhaps a half hour drive or so. I can't say I'm too familiar with the areas in jersey unless they are on the train route into NY or on the shore!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:04 am
Just Joined

donutking is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've been here about 10 months now, and am really enjoying my experience. However, I'd love to meet some new people and make new friends. I live in North New Jersey and am only 20 minutes away from NYC. Anyone out there interested in making a new friend? Don't get me wrong, I do have friends here, but am always up for making new ones too.
Get in touch if you're interested.
Kelbel
hello! I've also been in NY for 10 months, originally from Northants, there's quite a large british expat scene in NY, so let me know if your interested, primarily the events are based in NYC during the middle of the week though
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by donutking
hello! I've also been in NY for 10 months, originally from Northants, there's quite a large british expat scene in NY, so let me know if your interested, primarily the events are based in NYC during the middle of the week though
Hello! Yes, I am definitely interested! I'm not far from the city, so midweek is no problem for me. Would be good to meet up with some new people.
So, where are you living? How do you like it here, so far?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Well I live in Manhattan, the upper west side, which is convenient for work and everything is on my door step. New York is amazing, very cosmopolitan, however it does take time to adjust. This has been my second international move, as I previously lived in Sydney, Australia, and I found the move to NYC alot more difficult, with getting settled down. But I am enjoying my time here.

I would definetely recommend a website called www.meetup.com, there are a few brit expat related sites in New York where we usually go for drinks every fortnight/month, and the turn out is usually very good. The event we went to on Saturday night was packed with what must have been over 200 brits.

But if you would like to catch up for a drink sometime then let me know when you are in town.

So how long are you planning on living in New Jersey? and how are you finding your experience so far?

Stephen
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Stephen! Funny you should mention that website because I discovered it at the weekend, so I've joined a couple of the groups. I'm sure I will see you there sometime! Still, it would be good to meet up for a drink sometime if you fancy that.

I'm over here for work, originally it was six months, but they asked me to stay, so here I am. My visa lasts until 2010, so I guess I will be here until at least then. After that' I'll see. How about you?

As for the experience so far, well it's been pretty good. We'll have to meet up sometime so we can swap stories :-)
Kelly
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Hey Kelly,

The next british expat event is next wednesday, (so you have timed it perfectly!) if you haven't found it on the site, here's the address:

The Pinch
237 Sullivan St (between West 3rd & Bleeker St)
New York, NY 10012

The event usually starts at 7pm, but doesn't get lively till at least 8pm when the majority of us turn up. The organizers and everyone are really friendly, are we always get alot of newbies, so don't be afraid! I remember my first event and I didn't know anyone, but I was surprised at how friendly everyone is!!

If you are free next wednesday then let me know and we can arrange to meet up and I can introduce you to the crowd. If not, we can always arrange to catch up some other time, hope to see you soon!

ta

Stephen
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by donutking
Hey Kelly,

The next british expat event is next wednesday, (so you have timed it perfectly!) if you haven't found it on the site, here's the address:

The Pinch
237 Sullivan St (between West 3rd & Bleeker St)
New York, NY 10012

The event usually starts at 7pm, but doesn't get lively till at least 8pm when the majority of us turn up. The organizers and everyone are really friendly, are we always get alot of newbies, so don't be afraid! I remember my first event and I didn't know anyone, but I was surprised at how friendly everyone is!!

If you are free next wednesday then let me know and we can arrange to meet up and I can introduce you to the crowd. If not, we can always arrange to catch up some other time, hope to see you soon!

ta

Stephen
Thanks Stephen! Unfortunately, I can't make this Wednesday's one because of a work event. I will definitely try my best to get to the next one, and will take you up on your offer of meeting beforehand. In the meantime, maybe we could meet for a drink sometime? It will be great to meet up with a fellow Brit. Let me know what ya think.

Hope to meet you soon!
Kelly
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:54 pm
Has finally moved to NY

soon_to_Move is just really nicesoon_to_Move is just really nicesoon_to_Move is just really nicesoon_to_Move is just really nicesoon_to_Move is just really nicesoon_to_Move is just really nicesoon_to_Move is just really nicesoon_to_Move is just really nice

Thanks Stephen! Unfortunately, I can't make this Wednesday's one because of a work event. I will definitely try my best to get to the next one, and will take you up on your offer of meeting beforehand. In the meantime, maybe we could meet for a drink sometime? It will be great to meet up with a fellow Brit. Let me know what ya think.

Hope to meet you soon!
Kelly
Hi Kelly and Stephen

I live in manhattan, been here about 6 weeks now and into our 2 year stay, moved here for my husbands work. I joined the new york Brit ex-pat meet up and went to the Jan meeting but haven't made it to any others. I am hoping to go this wednesday (27th) but bit worried as I will be going on my jack-jones to this one and i'm quite shy

maybe see you there.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, I can't make the Wednesday one which I am disappointed about, but really hope to make the next one....

So, how are you finding it so far? I remember my first few weeks!

I mentioned to Stephen about meeting for a drink sometime, so if you fancy meeting sometime when I am in the city that would be great!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Hey all, I'll definitely plan on making it out there on wednesday, work permitting, but don't worry about rocking up there on your jack jones, when you get there just ask for Louise or Derek, they're the organizers and super friendly. They'll introduce you to the gang! hope to see you there.

You should also check out the Hacienda Club which is another event organized by Louise and mainly attended by Brits, but we do allow in a few Yanks! Its more of an 80's music scene, next one is March 29th

See you there

Stephen
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Hi there, I can't make the Wednesday one which I am disappointed about, but really hope to make the next one....

So, how are you finding it so far? I remember my first few weeks!

I mentioned to Stephen about meeting for a drink sometime, so if you fancy meeting sometime when I am in the city that would be great!
Hi Kelly and "soon-to-move",

Let me know when your next in town and we can always plan on trying to catch up. I may be out of town next week for work, but will have to find out sooner to the time.

ta

Stephen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.