Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Londoners: Packet 3 question...DS230 part II where is it?

Wikiposts

Londoners: Packet 3 question...DS230 part II where is it?

Old Aug 31st 2003, 4:04 am
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough
Default Londoners: Packet 3 question...DS230 part II where is it?

Hi everyone. I was going over the paperwork with my fiance over the phone yesterday and he said all the paperwork he had to fill out was stapled together and DS 230 part II wasn't a part of it. Do they still use this form in London? If they do will they ask him the questions on it at the interview and fill it out there? Just wondering....

Thanks for your help!!

Carey
Old Aug 31st 2003, 4:12 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Londoners: Packet 3 question...DS230 part II where is it?

Originally posted by Careybear
Hi everyone. I was going over the paperwork with my fiance over the phone yesterday and he said all the paperwork he had to fill out was stapled together and DS 230 part II wasn't a part of it. Do they still use this form in London? If they do will they ask him the questions on it at the interview and fill it out there? Just wondering....

Thanks for your help!!

Carey
Sounds like I got the same packet Paul did

Look here :

http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/k1faq.htm#4.3

Debbie
Old Aug 31st 2003, 4:18 am
In the UK

thanks deb....maybe they don't use part II because most of those same questions are already asked on the DS 156. I'm just nervous for my fiance.

Carey
Old Aug 31st 2003, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Nicki36 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks deb....maybe they don't use part II because most of those same questions are already asked on the DS 156. I'm just nervous for my fiance.

Carey
Careybear,
LuTziE didnt get part two either when they sent out his packet. He did have a copy of it from when we got the forms off line. He mailed back what they sent and even brought the second part with him to the interview. "just in case" They never wanted it.
After reading posts here and there I picked up that they only time
it seems that part two is mentioned as being needed are by the couples allready married filing for k3's. *shrug*
Thought the per registering for the ss# was to easy...lolol
He mailed back the IV-15, DS-230 part 1, 156 x 2, 156k all together. The 156's & the 156k he didnt sign.
Now we're just counting the days of when he'll hopefully be "in the save system" to make the trek down to the ss office"

*also if you got the forms off line have your other half check them out, LuTziE found that the forms were very close but had one or two the the questions in reverse order, not that it should be a big issue but we didnt know their system for matching up answers with questions. So he just filed out the ones they sent and thought of the ones we had done off line as practise*

Hope that helps

05/31/03 Mailed in I-129F - VSC
06/03/03 Ordered Police Check
06/05/03 1st NOA Date
06/11/03 Received 1st NOA postmarked 06/09/03
06/23/03 2nd NOA Online
06/27/03 In NVC system
07/01/03 LuTziE receives Police Check
07/02/03 NVC sends to London
07/05/03 Receive NVC letter in mail
07/14/03 Packet #3 Received!
07/14/03 Mailed packet 3 back to embassy (certified)
07/21/03 received e-mail from embassy – 08/15/03 INTERVIEW!!!
07/24/03 received packet #4
08/15/03 Interview Success!
08/29/03 LuTziE coming Home!!!!
09/16/03 Down to SSO
09/19/03 Wedding Day
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:14 am
In the UK

Thanks Nicki!!

Hopefully Lutzie got there safe and sound!! I have a feeling I was worrying over nothing!! I'm happy I went over the paperwork with him though because there were a few things he didn't fill out that I helped him with!! He's sending his packet 3 in the mail tomorrow so it should be there on Tuesday morning and I should know his interview date by Wednesday!! It's gonna be a good birthday present!! Depending on what date they give him I will be buying my tickets over there on Friday. Unless it's too soon then I won't be going and praying he does okay for the interview!! He doesn't study this site like I do so hopefully he'll be fine!!

Carey
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Nicki36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Nicki!!

Hopefully Lutzie got there safe and sound!! I have a feeling I was worrying over nothing!! I'm happy I went over the paperwork with him though because there were a few things he didn't fill out that I helped him with!! He's sending his packet 3 in the mail tomorrow so it should be there on Tuesday morning and I should know his interview date by Wednesday!! It's gonna be a good birthday present!! Depending on what date they give him I will be buying my tickets over there on Friday. Unless it's too soon then I won't be going and praying he does okay for the interview!! He doesn't study this site like I do so hopefully he'll be fine!!

Carey
All safe and sound.

I know this time is high stress time. trying to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed but LuTziE said its a walk in the park so I'm sure your sweety will do just fine.
I just want to mention that if you dont hear by wenseday (with them getting it on Tuseday not to panic, it took them a few days to get back to LuTziE via e-mail. They had gotten his on a tuesday and on that friday he mailed to make sure that they had recieved it ok (really hoping for a date) they replyed back on monday with the date and he recieved packet 4 the very next day.
Keep in mind that he also didnt put a date for when he wanted to fly out by so that may make the difference. I really havent figured out if they tell you sooner if you do but it does seem from other postings that the do schedule it closer and with some it seems that they try to get you in as soon as they can.

Your in the home stretch girl!!
(now to make the plans for the next leg of the race...lolol )