Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London visa issuance and interview date!

Wikiposts

London visa issuance and interview date!

Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:58 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough
Default London visa issuance and interview date!

Hello,
A post by Dom yesterday peaked my interest in that he said the new procedure in London is to courier the K1 visa the following day to a requested location rather than hand it to you the day of the interview as was the procedure previously (assuming the interview is successful of course!).

Our case is K3. I assumed K3 is now being handled the same way, but I emailed the London consulate to be sure. I gave them our specific details and this was their response ... more than I bargained for!!:

"I am pleased to inform you that your husband's appointment for his formal
visa interview and medical examination is scheduled for April 08, 2004 at
8:00 a.m. Written confirmation of the date and time of the visa interview
will be mailed this week.

We do not issue visas on the same day. As per the information that will be
sent out, they will be returned by courier within 24 hours."

Wow!! We got our interview date even before we got P4! Ironically I am arriving in the UK on the very next day for what I'm hoping to be my final visit to the other side of the pond before hubby moves to US!

Now I'm wondering if I should move up my travel date so I can be with him for the interview ... not sure it's worth the ticket change fee ($270) and extra couple vacation days from work ....

We're getting soooo close!

Jackie
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London visa issuance and interview date!

I bet you're having a hard time sitting still aren't you, with all the excitement! Congrats!! It'll be a piece of cake!

Jamie
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:07 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
Hello,
A post by Dom yesterday peaked my interest in that he said the new procedure in London is to courier the K1 visa the following day to a requested location rather than hand it to you the day of the interview as was the procedure previously (assuming the interview is successful of course!).

Our case is K3. I assumed K3 is now being handled the same way, but I emailed the London consulate to be sure. I gave them our specific details and this was their response ... more than I bargained for!!:

Wow!! We got our interview date even before we got P4! Ironically I am arriving in the UK on the very next day for what I'm hoping to be my final visit to the other side of the pond before hubby moves to US!

Now I'm wondering if I should move up my travel date so I can be with him for the interview ... not sure it's worth the ticket change fee ($270) and extra couple vacation days from work ....

Jackie

Hey Jackie!!

You are getting so close!!
I knew my interview date before I got packet 4 too, I called them to make sure they had my letter and they told me yes we do, Your interview is scheduled for Jan 28
GOOD LUCK!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:13 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Jackie,

Thats fantastic news. I the cautious side of me would say save the $270, but then again the other would say go for it!

Congratulations. You must be so excited!

James
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow!! That's great news!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Wonderful!!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:50 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Jackie

Congrats!! Gosh, I remember when you first started all this....... I would use that 270 saved by not changing the ticket on something else along the celebratory line, .
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:05 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by cindyabs
Congrats!! Gosh, I remember when you first started all this....... I would use that 270 saved by not changing the ticket on something else along the celebratory line, .

Thank you much everyone!! Yes, we are super excited ... it's a great relief to have a set date now, something solid to work with to start the plans of his moving date in motion!

James and Cindy, Mark and I spoke not long ago and our feeling too is to just leave my ticket as is and save my vacation days for when he's actually here and save the money for something more fun! So that's that way it looks at the moment.

Cindy, I know ... it's just like it was yesterday, isn't it?! Ha! Not! However, in retrospect it's much easier to say "aww, that wait wasn't so bad" now when we are almost there! Although the wait at MSC/NBC for that NOA2 got to me ... a long time with no news. I feel for the K1ers going thru NSC (James!).

Lily, Let me know when you get your interview date! You could very well be scheduled before April 8! Wasn't Hyper's super quick?

Take care,
Jackie
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Lily, Let me know when you get your interview date! You could very well be scheduled before April 8! Wasn't Hyper's super quick?
Jackie,

Yes, looking at Hyper's and Sibsie's timeline they were both scheduled very quick after the embassy received p3. So i'm crossing my fingers and hoping that when we call on monday they will have an interview date for us!!! Hopefully within 2 weeks, that's what i'm thinking it's going to take. To tell you the truth, i'd be happy with an interview date at the end of March!!

Take care,

Lily,
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:18 pm
Aegina1028

Congratulations! That's exciting!

My fiance and I were told that our approved I-129F was sent to London March 3
(so I assume it will be arriving shortly!) Any tips on getting an interview as
soon as possible?

Thanks in advance!!!

Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:12 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Personally, I'd save the cash. You could have a mini-vacation once he gets home on that.

I wasn't there for Simon's interview and it was no problem. He said there were only 2 couples out of about a dozen interviewees.

In case you DO go, you won't be able to go downstairs at the Dr's. All the medical stuff that will go on will be downstairs. (But Simon said that you would be able to use the Dr's toilet. )