Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Wikiposts

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice
Default Re: London - still no interview date - is this normal?

I called the Embassy again today. They weren't really prepared to help at first but after some argument they had me send a request for the interview letter and pack again with "IV appointment letter not received CIUxxx" and that they would look at it today. Looks like they missed my first email.

Anyway I did it and eventually I got a reply later this evening. They confirmed the interview and said to show them the email and tell them I am on the access list. At least I have something to get me in on Monday! I suspect the phone operators have more access to the visa system then they let on.

This whole mess would have been easy to solve if I could have just spoken to someone. Why will just will not let you speak to an officer if you have a genuine need to do so.

If I didn't call to find out about whether I had an interview date yet (against their explicit instructions) and if I hadn't chased them constantly for confirmation of the interview - I would have completely missed my interview.

Here's hoping for a smooth interview!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jbrierley82
I called the Embassy again today. They weren't really prepared to help at first but after some argument they had me send a request for the interview letter and pack again with "IV appointment letter not received CIUxxx" and that they would look at it today. Looks like they missed my first email.

Anyway I did it and eventually I got a reply later this evening. They confirmed the interview and said to show them the email and tell them I am on the access list. At least I have something to get me in on Monday! I suspect the phone operators have more access to the visa system then they let on.

This whole mess would have been easy to solve if I could have just spoken to someone. Why will just will not let you speak to an officer if you have a genuine need to do so.

If I didn't call to find out about whether I had an interview date yet (against their explicit instructions) and if I hadn't chased them constantly for confirmation of the interview - I would have completely missed my interview.

Here's hoping for a smooth interview!
Because the gen pub's idea of a 'genuine need' and the Officer's idea of it are not the same thing.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:10 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jbrierley82
Because everyone feels they have a genuine need - even Joe Blogs who can't use the VWP and wants to ask a question that he could have got off the website has a genuine need in his mind.

Of course you did have a need - but with the thousands of calls a day they get, its impossible for them to go through the process of screening every tom, dick and harry, so we just have to bite down and accept it.

I know its crappy, and sometimes you feel like tearing your hair out - its your life on the line - but it does end...... good luck for your interview