Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Wikiposts

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of
Default Re: London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Originally Posted by Mark81
I got packet 4 today Visa interview date is January 20th 9am

I don't understand why some people get theirs very soon and I have to wait another 6 weeks!
We got packet 4 in the mail today too. My husband's interview for CR-1 visa will be on Jan 12th.

In case people are curious, just to reiterate, we sent in ds-230 (visa application) on November 10th, and the statement of readiness (checklist) on November 24th, received packet 4 today December 4th.

We did DCF filing in London.

Last edited by bybarra; Dec 4th 2008 at 12:44 am.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why some people get theirs very soon and I have to wait another 6 weeks!
It's simple... some officer might get through 5 applications in a day. Someone else, if there's a problem with one of the applications might only get through 3. It may not be your application, but perhaps the one he looks at right before yours.

In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter? With respect to immigration, 6 weeks is a wink of the eye.

Ian
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Mark81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter? With respect to immigration, 6 weeks is a wink of the eye.

Ian
Yes that is true... Sorry for being a grump lol
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice

There can be a lot of difference due to the type of visa.

eg Mark you filed an I129F "finance" which is a lot higher risk than say mine which is an IR1 "been married for over 2 years" immigrant visa. Bybarra is a CR2 "been married for less than 2 years" visa so she is in-between.

Good luck at the interview.

James
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jbrierley82

eg Mark you filed an I129F "finance" which is a lot higher risk than say mine which is an IR1 "been married for over 2 years" immigrant visa. Bybarra is a CR2 "been married for less than 2 years" visa so she is in-between.

James
Oops, I made a mistake on the visa number. We've been married 7 years and so will be getting an IR visa.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Mark you filed an I129F "finance" which is a lot higher risk than say mine which is an IR1 "been married for over 2 years" immigrant visa.
Since you're likely to misinterpret why I'm asking (in the guise of playground bullying), I'll let someone else ask why you think a K-1 has "a lot higher risk" attached to it than an IR-1... so much so that it would affect the processing times for the two visas.

Ian
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

James
Actually the K-1 is one of the lowest risk visas there are. Remember they have to go through AOS yet and then removal of conditions. Plus it is not an immigration visa but a non-immigration visa.

BTW, James, the IR is the same regardless of how long you have been married. It is an immigration visa whether you have been married 1 week or 100 years. The only difference is the conditions attachd to a marriage of less than 2 years at the time of issuance. Does not make the IR any longer or shorter.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice

I thought the risk of arranged marriages / fake marriages to get into the country is a factor.

If it is considered low risk then perhaps they do not get the same attention or there are less people looking at them?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

but then you wouldnt get an IR if you where married less than 2 years as you would have conditions right?

More like a law court in here. Better read up on my Acts and cases before answering next time!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the risk of arranged marriages / fake marriages to get into the country is a factor.

If it is considered low risk then perhaps they do not get the same attention or there are less people looking at them?
I think it all just has to do with the ConOff scheduling and availability, not the visa type.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I got packet 4 today Visa interview date is January 20th 9am

Hi:

Can't be satisfied, eh? [delete sentence].

Congratulations on having the packet 4 in hand with a date definite and time to prepare.

OOPS! -- mea culpa. I mixed up posters. I deleted a sentence. That said -- the first sentence still stands. To answer the poster -- the notices on IV's are always for the next month. It is the luck of the draw of when during the month you will be scheduled for.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Dec 4th 2008 at 4:04 am. Reason: Mea culpa correction -- Thank you Rete
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

but then you wouldnt get an IR if you where married less than 2 years as you would have conditions right?
This is correct. If the marriage is less than 2 years old at the time of visa approval, you are issued a CR-1. If the marriage is more than 2 years old at the time of the visa interview, you are issued an IR-1. Both visas carry exactly the same amount of weight/risk/eligibility for entry to the USA.

Actually, if someone is issued a CR-1 visa, and then passes their 2nd wedding anniversary before they enter the USA, they will be entered in as an IR-1 and will receive a 10-year green card. What's important really is when the USC enters the USA and becomes a PR, not when the visa is issued.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Your first sentence negates what you previously wrote. If one is married they cannot use the K-1 visa.

The arranged marriages these days and those that do occur happen in certain cultures. An arranged marriage usually means that the foreigner that as is the custom the marraige takes place in their country with family and friends. It is very unusual for this type of "romance" to use the Fiancee Visa.

As for marriages of convenience they can occur at any point in the "romance" and visa stage. It is only at the AOS interview that the "screws" are tightened to try and fetter out the fakes.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Can't be satisfied, eh? I was under the impression that you were unable to make the December 8th date.

Congratulations on having the packet 4 in hand with a date definite and time to prepare.

Wrong poster, Mr. F. It was JB who could not make it, not Mark.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:21 am
Concierge

More like a law court in here. Better read up on my Acts and cases before answering next time!

Yes you will. As I said it is still an immediate relative visa regardless of the length of your marriage. The application of conditions does not alter the visa. The conditions are applied only to help weed out marriages of convenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.