Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Wikiposts

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice
Default Re: London - still no interview date - is this normal?

I called the embassy and my packet was sent Nov 13 (9 days after my readiness form was received). My interview was scheduled for 8 December. Looks like there was a problem after all. Royal Mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice, if you are waiting for longer than 2 weeks give them a call!

I am trying to get the interview re-scheduled - can anyone recommend the quickest way to have this done?

James
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:50 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand.. what was the problem? Rescheduled to what/when?

Quickest/only way to reach the IVU is by email.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:51 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Call this number : 09042 450100

Explain to them that you want to change the date of your interview, they will give you an email address and a code to put in the subject line of the email.

Send the email asking for a change, when I sent mine I put the dates I was available and the reason why I wanted it changing. They send you an email back which says that it could take 4 working days to respond, however I got a response within 24 hours.

One thing though - If you sent them your statement of readiness, what is the problem with the date they have given you? If its because you are not ready, thehn I wouldn't expect a favourable response!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

marcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bybarra
Well, I'm not too worried about ours taking too long yet. We sent in ds-230 on November 10 and just mailed the checklist on Monday November 24th.

We're just anxious because I've got a job to start in the States soon and a young baby. Handling the move and finding a place to live/starting the job/finding childcare isn't going to be easy if I (USC) have to do it all on my own (with baby in tow) while my husband waits here for his interview. Stressful.
Just wondering what this checklist is. Do you send it after you get your medical and everything done?

I thought you had to wait to get your medical until you were given your interview date? Were you given your interview date and had your medical between November 10th (when you sent in the DS-230) and November 24th (when you mailed the checklist)?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jbrierley82
I called the embassy and my packet was sent Nov 13 (9 days after my readiness form was received). My interview was scheduled for 8 December. Looks like there was a problem after all. Royal Mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to get the interview re-scheduled - can anyone recommend the quickest way to have this done?

James
Why can't you attend the December 8 interview?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Mark81 is an unknown quantity at this point

James
Sorry to hear about your Royal mail problem but glad to hear that your on your way now. Thanks for posting this update. Its been about 2 weeks since they HOPEFULLY received my packet so maybe I will get something this week
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice

I have work commitments that I can't get out of with this amount of notice. I figured that since I haven't even received my packet yet they would show a little compassion but who knows.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:36 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I have work commitments that I can't get out of with this amount of notice. I figured that since I haven't even received my packet yet they would show a little compassion but who knows.
In that case I'm sure if you put in the email that you've not recieved the packet, and when you called to get an update you were given the date, but you can't get out of work at such short notice, then they would be accomodating.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to get the interview re-scheduled...
What? Are you crazy?

Ian
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Toonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to all

James
My interview date is 8th Dec - at 9.30 am. Let me know if you decide to go ahead with it and will look out for you.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Toonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to all

One more thing... I only had 2 and a half weeks notice to schedule train and hotels etc. I guess they are pretty quick once you say you are ready.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Mine was at 10am. I am waiting to see if they will reschedule and if not this is more important than my job.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marcsred
Just wondering what this checklist is. Do you send it after you get your medical and everything done?

I thought you had to wait to get your medical until you were given your interview date? Were you given your interview date and had your medical between November 10th (when you sent in the DS-230) and November 24th (when you mailed the checklist)?
DS-230 is the actual visa application. The checklist is the statement of readiness (checking off all of the documents that we've pulled together). There was a lag-time between sending the two because we were waiting on one document.

So we are still waiting for the interview letter and will schedule the medical for the same day or several beforehand.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

marcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bybarra
DS-230 is the actual visa application. The checklist is the statement of readiness (checking off all of the documents that we've pulled together). There was a lag-time between sending the two because we were waiting on one document.

So we are still waiting for the interview letter and will schedule the medical for the same day or several beforehand.
I'm really sorry, I'm not being intentionally dense, but when we submitted the DS-230 we also submitted ALL the documents they required (plus photocopies and photographs) in the same envelope and overnighted it to the NVC. Was there some other checklist we were supposed to include to state that we were ready?

Thanks!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcsred
I'm really sorry, I'm not being intentionally dense, but when we submitted the DS-230 we also submitted ALL the documents they required (plus photocopies and photographs) in the same envelope and overnighted it to the NVC. Was there some other checklist we were supposed to include to state that we were ready?

Thanks!
There are two disctinctly different application processes being discussed.

marcsred, you petitioned via a US Service Center.
Some of the others live abroad and petitioned at their overseas USCIS office. Those people take their civil docs to the interview.

You're all going to have each other in a panic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.