Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Wikiposts

London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice
Default London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Hello,

I filed my notification of readiness and checklist the the USA embassy in London on 3 November and still haven't received an interview date. I have had my medical. Is this a normal waiting time? I noticed other people have received dates 1 -2 weeks after filing the notification of readiness. If this seems like a problem - what should I do about it!

Thank you!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London - still no interview date - is this normal?

Originally Posted by jbrierley82
Is this a normal waiting time?
Yes.

If this seems like a problem...
It isn't.

Ian
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice

Thanks. How long does it normally take?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

How long does it normally take?
I don't mean to be evasive, but how do you define normal? You will receive an interview date when the notice arrives... a week, a month, or longer. When dealing with immigration, there is no "normal".

Ian
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Normal in your experience. eg if you know 10 people all who have had an interview set around 2 weeks this would be normal!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Normal in your experience. eg if you know 10 people all who have had an interview set around 2 weeks this would be normal!
These 10 hypothetical people are not you. There is no time/process correlation. Two people who submit their applications at exactly the same time, that are received at exactly the same time, processed one after the other, scheduled one after the other... may receive a notice weeks apart. The difference, is that the second guy will have a longer wait beforehand. You're looking for an answer that doesn't exist. Such is the wonderful world of immigration.

I "predict" that it will arrive soon... but don't ask me how long "soon" actually is.

Ian
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks

I understand. Sometimes it helps to ease the nerves if you know there are many people in a similar situation. That's all.

James
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Mark81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

I understand. Sometimes it helps to ease the nerves if you know there are many people in a similar situation. That's all.

James
Hi,

I too am still waiting for my interview date. I sent my forms about two weeks ago. I read somewhere that you should expect to hear about 4 weeks after they receive the forms
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:38 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Given recent experiences at London - 'Normal' just isn't in their vocabulary
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mark and good luck. I would appreciate it if you would be able to let me know when you get your date.

James
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Thanks Mark and good luck. I would appreciate it if you would be able to let me know when you get your date.

James
I'd also like to know when you guys get your appointment letters.

My husband and I are waiting on one from London too. From reading other posts, I was also under the impression that we were likely to hear back sometime around 2 weeks after they received our notification of readiness.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

I'd be happy to post it. It looks like we are all caught in a slow period for the london embassy.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bybarra,

When did you send in your statement of readiness?

James
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested also.

It seems that London have indeed slowed down a little.

Good luck.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Well, I'm not too worried about ours taking too long yet. We sent in ds-230 on November 10 and just mailed the checklist on Monday November 24th.

We're just anxious because I've got a job to start in the States soon and a young baby. Handling the move and finding a place to live/starting the job/finding childcare isn't going to be easy if I (USC) have to do it all on my own (with baby in tow) while my husband waits here for his interview. Stressful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.