Wikiposts

London RFE timeline ?

Old May 19th 2009, 12:21 am
Just Joined

jacklyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London RFE timeline ?

My visa application is based on EB-A. I took the visa interview on March 6, and was told to supply additional Docuemtents such as medical report and prove of assets. I took the medical examination on March 11, so I think there should be no problem with the MED. I sent in my passport and prove of assets on April 6. Now it is already 6 weeks, still no reply from the embassy. I called the secure mail service, they said my passport is still in the Embassy. I call the Embassy 090 no., they said I have to email the Embassy. I emailed the Embassy with the correct CIU no, but they did not reply (after 2 weeks).

My VB is current.

Anyone get an idea how long it will take for them to process it?

I do apprecite your help.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Default Re: London RFE timeline ?

Originally Posted by jacklyt
My visa application is based on EB-A. I took the visa interview on March 6, and was told to supply additional Docuemtents such as medical report and prove of assets. I took the medical examination on March 11, so I think there should be no problem with the MED. I sent in my passport and prove of assets on April 6. Now it is already 6 weeks, still no reply from the embassy. I called the secure mail service, they said my passport is still in the Embassy. I call the Embassy 090 no., they said I have to email the Embassy. I emailed the Embassy with the correct CIU no, but they did not reply (after 2 weeks).

My VB is current.

Anyone get an idea how long it will take for them to process it?

I do apprecite your help.
Anyone can give me some advice?

Thanks a lot.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacklyt
My visa application is based on EB-A.
I'm not sure that "EB-A" is an actual visa category.

I emailed the Embassy with the correct CIU no...
I have no idea what a "CIU" number is.

My VB is current.
Do you mean PD (priority date)? If you use the correct terminology, you might get a better response.

Ian
Old May 21st 2009, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm not sure that "EB-A" is an actual visa category.

I have no idea what a "CIU" number is.

Do you mean PD (priority date)? If you use the correct terminology, you might get a better response.

Ian
Thank you for your reply. It should be EB-1A visa category. My I-140 was approved last June, and my case was transfered to London embassy in Feb.

When we want to email the Embassy, we have to put the correct CIU no. in the subject line, it changes every week, otherwise, the embassy just delete the email without reading. I put the correct the CIU no. in the subject line, and the embassy confirmed that they received my email, and they will reply within 3 to 4 working days. But they never reply. They don't want us to send duplicate eamil, they said if we do so, they will delete all our future email forever. This is why I don't want to email them again. VB is for visa bulletin, almost the same as PD (priority date), at least for me. Since mine is EB-1A, it is always current.

When I call the embassy 090 no. (cost £1.2 per min.), they told me the average process time is 15 to 20 days, but they don't have access to my case, I have to email the embassy. As I said before, I can't email them anymore. It seems that it's a dead end for me.

If you have any information, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by jacklyt; May 21st 2009 at 3:28 am.