Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Medical and Interview question?

London Medical and Interview question?

Old Apr 27th 2020, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Nsb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Medical and Interview question?

Hello

We are aware of the current situation of the US Embassy being closed for interviews etc.

However I have a ? I can’t find an answer to....

At what point after I-130 approval and submission of DS-260 do we receive a letter, email, notice or whatever...of the information on where to have your medical done and your interview appointment time.

My husband was approved at the end of December. I received a letter of his approval and he received his letter of approval. However none of these letters have any information on where/which drs to see nor when/time his interview would have been scheduled.

Are we missing a letter of instructions/document. Or how does one go about finding out this information?

Again we are aware that at the present moment neither service is open for his Visa purpose. We are also aware that medical results only lasts for
6 months... we will be waiting.

We are hoping to move back to the States between November and April 2021 🤞🤞 hopefully everything will be open and available by then... I just want to know now for my timeline records I keep how we know the medical exam location and interview date information....

Thank you for your help

Last edited by Nsb25; Apr 27th 2020 at 9:55 am.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 10:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Medical and Interview question?

Originally Posted by Nsb25
Again we are aware that at the present moment neither service is open for his Visa purpose.
Can't help with your question I'm afraid, but in case you hadn't seen it, visa offices will be reopening in June - https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...-reopen-june-4

Best of luck.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the information. 👍

But even if the London US Embassy Field office opens.. the U.K. would need to be off lockdown to use their Visa services in person.
Plus the medical office, flights, movers, shipping etc have to be available....Plus the US itself would have to be open so to speak....

Will still have to wait and watch what happens..🤷‍♀️
Old Apr 27th 2020, 1:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

From the US Embassy London website:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/

Gives you virtually all you need to know. FYI, they will not schedule an appointment for an interview until you have your police compliance certificate and have had your medical. So as soon as you have heard that interviews are being scheduled, get your medical done. Everything about where and who does the medical is on the website linked above.

Or you can always search for people who have done DCF on this site for loads of valuable, good information.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nsb25
Hello

We are aware of the current situation of the US Embassy being closed for interviews etc.

However I have a ? I can’t find an answer to....

At what point after I-130 approval and submission of DS-260 do we receive a letter, email, notice or whatever...of the information on where to have your medical done and your interview appointment time.

My husband was approved at the end of December. I received a letter of his approval and he received his letter of approval. However none of these letters have any information on where/which drs to see nor when/time his interview would have been scheduled.

Are we missing a letter of instructions/document. Or how does one go about finding out this information?

Again we are aware that at the present moment neither service is open for his Visa purpose. We are also aware that medical results only lasts for
6 months... we will be waiting.

We are hoping to move back to the States between November and April 2021 🤞🤞 hopefully everything will be open and available by then... I just want to know now for my timeline records I keep how we know the medical exam location and interview date information....

Thank you for your help
Hello,

It looks like you are pretty far along in the process and all you have left to do is book your Medical and actual visa interview. Currently, neither of these processes are running due to the pandemic, as you mentioned. Fingers crossed this will become a possibility again in the next few months.

The Medical appointment is booked via Visa Medicals Visa Medicals. As mentioned by Rete, your husband will need his ARCO Police Certificate, a copy of his immunizations and his NHS summary care record from his GP.

In the past, the London Embassy used to allocate an interview date. However, now you are required to select an interview date yourself. The interviews are booked via this website: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. You should book this after your husband has had his Medical appointment.

For now, it would be worth gathering all the supporting documents, such as IRS Tax Transcripts etc. Are you using a joint sponsor? If so, you will need supporting documentation for them too.

Good luck!

Old Apr 28th 2020, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to all of you for the information... I dug a bit deeper into Embassy site and found most of the answers.. exactly what y’all said..

We were planning on starting the Medical and Interview phase of the Visa in May/June time this year to move back by Nov/Dec time.. so we already have everything we need all done and dusted...

However like we have all said.. until the UK has come out of lockdown we are just waiting like everyone else. Even if the US Embassy’s around the world open, we don’t know for sure when/if the UK one will be open until after we start Phase 2 of slowly coming out of lockdown... We personally are not sure when we will feel safe and comfortable traveling to London by transport risking our health to finish the Visa..🤷‍♀️ ( I have medical issues)

I have a feeling that all of the people who already had medical and interview appts scheduled and those were cancelled, will get priority queue in line... so we could be in a much longer wait than we had planned.
which is only fair in my opinion...

Everything in our journey back to Texas will be pushed back because of the lockdown and the Visa process, airlines reopening, movers, shippers etc etc... I’m sure there will be tons of people wanting to get restarted on their lives!!
Backlogs on medical appts, Visa interviews, airline flights availability and on and on!

All of us collectively will just have to watch and wait! Even those not doing immigration! 🤞🤞🙏🙏

Good luck to everyone in their immigration journey!!
Thanks again for the help! This Forum is an amazing wealth of information and fantastic members!!! X