Wikiposts

London Medical booked!

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:06 am
N.Ireland / NJ

Chrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud of
Default London Medical booked!

14th May - I will be going through my medical!

Just wanted to share!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:27 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Medical booked!

Originally Posted by Chrissie85

Just wanted to share!
Cool - things are moving along nicely then

Word of advice - book an early flight! I had my medical in Edinburgh, at 1:30 and I booked on the 9:00 flight, which was delayed until almost 11 . Apparently the initial flight out of Liverpool was the culprit, and all subsequent flights were put back. Had I not been anal about booking on the first flight out, I might have been late. As it turned out, I rang them from the airport and they said they would fit me in if the flight got in late anyway.

Good luck with yours - and hopefully your interview is soon after.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:50 am
N.Ireland / NJ

Chrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Cool - things are moving along nicely then

Word of advice - book an early flight! I had my medical in Edinburgh, at 1:30 and I booked on the 9:00 flight, which was delayed until almost 11 . Apparently the initial flight out of Liverpool was the culprit, and all subsequent flights were put back. Had I not been anal about booking on the first flight out, I might have been late. As it turned out, I rang them from the airport and they said they would fit me in if the flight got in late anyway.

Good luck with yours - and hopefully your interview is soon after.
Advice taken! :0)

I booked the 06.30am flight because they only have 2 departures from here a day and the other flight is at 4 something! My appontment is it 14.20 :0)

I will not be home until late that night! So guess I will be doing a lot of walking around!

(",)
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:49 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Advice taken! :0)

I booked the 06.30am flight because they only have 2 departures from here a day and the other flight is at 4 something! My appontment is it 14.20 :0)

I will not be home until late that night! So guess I will be doing a lot of walking around!

(",)
Comment: London is a popular tourist and business destination!! London and its environs has many overnight places to spend the night such as hotels, hostels and B&B's!! London also has excellent public transit!! The "tube" can get you almost anywhere you might want to go!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:58 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Comment: London is a popular tourist and business destination!! London and its environs has many overnight places to spend the night such as hotels, hostels and B&B's!! London also has excellent public transit!! The "tube" can get you almost anywhere you might want to go!!
I concur - plenty to keep you busy in London (as long as you remember your picture ID for the return flight unlike me . . .)

The tube kicked arse though, very quick - it'll make NI Railways seem like . . . are NIR still as shite as they were when I left the country? Especially that Larne Line, that was a shambles
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to share!
I was there a couple of weeks ago and it really is easy peasy, so don't worry! All of the staff are really professional and I wondered afterwards why I'd built it up to be such a big deal in my mind. I went without vaccination records because my own doctor didn't hold any, but they soon figured out I'd need MMR and tetanus. Didn't feel a thing until I had to get my wallet out! Enjoy your trip and try not to spend too much in Oxford street!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:01 am
N.Ireland / NJ

Originally Posted by Steve_I
I was there a couple of weeks ago and it really is easy peasy, so don't worry! All of the staff are really professional and I wondered afterwards why I'd built it up to be such a big deal in my mind. I went without vaccination records because my own doctor didn't hold any, but they soon figured out I'd need MMR and tetanus. Didn't feel a thing until I had to get my wallet out! Enjoy your trip and try not to spend too much in Oxford street!
haha....thanks!!!

I am trying not to be nervous about it and I am reading every ones experiences that I can find on here to shake the nervous feeling!! I know I will be the same...get there and then wonder what on earth I was worried about!! Always the way!

SoS - YES NIR are still crap!! They have upgraded the lines but I still try to avoid them at the best of times. I mum gets the train to work and she swears its better than it used to be....but each time I have used it, the darn thing is late or cancelled!!! So im not convinced its got better!

I will try and not spend much while in Oxford street....however I am still looking for the perfect pair of shes for matching my wedding dress!! hehehee

Oh and I will defo be taking passport and drivers license - I always think of you SoS when I am considering these things.....I just picture you trying to blag your way onto EasyJet without ID!!! Amazing!!!! lol

(",)
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

I will try and not spend much while in Oxford street....however I am still looking for the perfect pair of shoes for matching my wedding dress!! hehehee
You'll actually pass the front door to Selfridges when you walk from Bond Street tube station to the doctors..... If I remember rightly the first display is Jimmy Choo's....with no price tickets, and then some 800 quid handbags Have fun
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:55 am
I have a comma problem

Oh and I will defo be taking passport and drivers license - I always think of you SoS when I am considering these things.....I just picture you trying to blag your way onto EasyJet without ID!!! Amazing!!!! lol

(",)
It was an event - that's for sure. Poor people on the train to Luton had to hear the rather colourful language I was using when keeping tabs back home on the way to the airport.

Then I arrived at check in at Luton and I can still remember the big empty hall and me on the phone to my ma explaining what was going on! To their credit - the people at the EZY counter were pretty helpful, as they took my appointment letter and other docs from the embassy back to the manager, who accepted it as a suitable 'out' for not having picture ID. Maybe it was because there was a camera crew in filming, but they did get me on the next flight out to save me having to sit around for 4 hours for my booked flight.

Off I went for a pint and the rest is history. And now I have a great cautionary tale for people on the forum
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Chrissie. I'm around all next week - still off as a result of the car accident - if you want to meet up and I can talk ya through my medical experience. Will send you a message! x
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:16 pm
N.Ireland / NJ

Originally Posted by Steve_I
You'll actually pass the front door to Selfridges when you walk from Bond Street tube station to the doctors..... If I remember rightly the first display is Jimmy Choo's....with no price tickets, and then some 800 quid handbags Have fun
Ohh thats such BAD information to give a girl!!!! hahahaaa ;0)

SoS - its a great tale indeed!!! lol

Mandy - So sorry hun, I didnt know you were in an accident! Hope your ok. If you want I can come to yours with some chocolate...always a girl feel better!! ;0)
Old Apr 24th 2010, 3:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: London Medical booked!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I concur - plenty to keep you busy in London (as long as you remember your picture ID for the return flight unlike me . . .)
I think Mr. F's point was that it may be less stressful to go down the day before and stay over! For all the money people put out on flights to London, what's another 50 quid in the grand scheme of things? Surely the money is well worth the peace of mind. It's amazing the number of people who stress themselves to the max because they're trying to do things on the cheap... on the very day they need to be as calm and relaxed as possible.

Ian