London Medical

Old Feb 22nd 2020, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default London Medical

Hello,

I have been looking through the forum trying to find advice/information for the Medical examination in London. I have mine coming up shortly and would like to research other peoples experiences.

One question that I don't seem to be able to get any clarity on (including asking the London GP) is if my daughter will be required to under-go a medical check also? My daughter is 1 year old, and has dual citizenship - but has lived in the UK all her life. My wife is a USC and I am a UKC and Beneficiary of our IR-1 visa.

My future employer in the US is in the process of setting up a health insurance plan, and on arrival into the US we will take her little red book to a doctors and get her set up and up-to-date.

Any help appreciated.

Old Feb 22nd 2020, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Winston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Medical

Is your daughter a confirmed US citizen i.e. has a SSN and US passport and you registered the birth abroad? If so, no medical required, she can simply go to the US whenever she likes.

If you have not registered the birth abroad, then you need to do so with the US consulate in London. Relatively easy process and will involve a visit to the Embassy.

Had to do this with my two kids prior to emigration to the US with my USC wife.

Old Feb 22nd 2020, 1:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If your daughter has dual UK/US citizenship, then no, she won't need a medical exam because she isn't getting a visa.

Rene
Old Feb 22nd 2020, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for your replies and confirmation.

Yes, we have registered her birth abroad with the US Embassy and she has a UK and US passport.

I was just speculating since she has never lived in the US.

I will update this thread with my experience on my medical for others who may have theirs booked soon.

thanks!

Old Feb 22nd 2020, 2:00 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is 1 year old, and has dual citizenship - but has lived in the UK all her life. My wife is a USC and I am a UKC
I agree with Rene. No visa, no medical. On the other hand what harm would it be if an exam was needed?

Old Feb 22nd 2020, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston_the_Great_Dane
Is your daughter a confirmed US citizen i.e. has a SSN and US passport and you registered the birth abroad? If so, no medical required, she can simply go to the US whenever she likes.

If you have not registered the birth abroad, then you need to do so with the US consulate in London. Relatively easy process and will involve a visit to the Embassy.

Had to do this with my two kids prior to emigration to the US with my USC wife.

She does not have to have a Social Security Number. Have never heard that one was required of a USC.
Old Feb 23rd 2020, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You wife does not need a medical btw.
Old Feb 23rd 2020, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Winston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
She does not have to have a Social Security Number. Have never heard that one was required of a USC.
i never said it was a requirement, merely an example of what you typically receive following a consular reported birth. It was unclear if the OP's daughter was a USC or not.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Medical completed today.

Firstly, for anyone else who is due to complete the medical soon and is nervous, dont be! I found it to be an extremely well run and efficient process and the staff are just fantastic.

I arrived into London a couple of hours before my interview so decided to walk from Waterloo Station which took about 45mins of slow walking. The area around the Medical Practice has plenty of coffee shops should you need somewhere to kill a bit of time.

I entered the building about 20mins before my appointment time where I was asked to take a seat in the waiting room.

I was called up the the first desk 5minutes before my time slot, where they took my details and also photocopied my ACRO certificate and passport. I was then asked to complete a form (similar to the Medical Questionnaire). Once completed, they took a photo of me and I was then asked to sit down and await further instruction. (Note; you are now not required to provide 4x passport photos as it is now an online system - this is confirmed in the appointment confirmation e-mail)

10minutes later, the Nurse called me into a room to discuss my immunisations. She looked over my care summary and asked me a few basic questions. She could see that I was due a Tetanus booster (which I knew about and couldnt get done in time at my GP) and gave it to me. - FYI this cost an additional £40. I was then asked to return to the waiting room.

Shortly after, I was called to a second nurse who looked over my care summary. She asked me questions about any previous/current medical conditions and prescriptions, took my height, weight, checked me over and my blood.

Its interesting to note that my GP care summary didn’t provide any information about previous prescriptions (I should have noticed this)! These are required! I went into a state of panic and she just asked me to e-mail them over the following day and she will have the confirmed. No drama. Phew! Back to the waiting room.

Finally, I was called in to have my chest Xray. Very simple, took about 5mins.

Went back to the first desk and paid. They returned my passport and documents and gave me a receipt along with a combined health summary that I can hand to my doctor when in the US.

They mentioned that the urine and blood samples would be sent off for analysis and if I don’t hear anything in 4 days, all is fine.

All in, I was in and out in an hour and 15 minutes!