London K3 Success!

Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:48 am
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about
Default London K3 Success!

Hey all, we just got back from London, very tired and I'm typing this for the second time coz something went wrong and I lost my 10,000 word writeup of the interview grr So I'll keep it short...

We went on Thursday coz it's a long travel time and had to go the day before the interview. We got 2 nights in the Bryanston Court Hotel right opposite Doc Phelans, which is handy. The hotel was basic and bed/floor was very very creaky but I guess it served the purpose. After checkin we located the Doc's and the Embassy which is just 10 mins up the road, then went sight seeing.

Interview day began at 5:30am after a not so good nights sleep. We ate a little breakfast at the hotel and joined the queue outside the doc's at 7:45am. We were ushered in just after 8, told to put some documents in a red folder and hand them in at reception, then wait to be called to make payment.

After some waiting we were called one by one and sent downstairs with a green file to put in a rack on the wall and wait for the doc. My wife was not allowed to wait downstairs with me

The nurse saw people first, taking blood and asking about vaccinations, which I had my GP sort out before I got there, thus avoiding unnecessary payments. The x-ray guy called us into booths where we had to remove our shirts and go get our chests x-rayed. Then he sent us in to see Doc Phelan for examination. He checked my blood pressure, made me read an eye chart, all the usual stuff. He also had me pull my pants down and lay on the couch and cough while he looked at my penis... humm... nobody ever mentioned that one before

I was handed the x-ray rolled up and taped and told to go to the embassy. The medical was done by 10:00am. Oh ya, I had to go visit Doc Phelan's famous toilet too - I won't spoil the surprise but it is amusing

There was mucho security at the embassy, but no problems getting inside. We were directed to a waiting area where we had to check in, then wait quite some time to be called up to a booth. I was asked to produce my I-134's and police cert etc then go sit down and wait again. Some time later we were called to a different guy who asked us questions about our relationship, what our plans were when we got to the states, employment etc etc, nothing challenging really.

After about 10 minutes he said we were in 'excellent shape' and to come back about 12:30pm when the results of the medical were in. So we left and went to KFC @ Marble Arch for lunch, then took our photo albums and stuff back to the hotel. We weren't even asked for them. Then we went back to the embassy.

About 12:45pm we were called up again, I was handed my passport back with a nice K3 stuck in it, the mysterious brown envelope and voila - its over! We left the embassy very happy, but were refused the option of taking pictures outside by security.

So that's it in a nutshell. So easy we wondered what all the fuss was about. But then we went prepared so it should have been. Thanks to everyone who helped us out on this forum, you've been great. And to all those about to have their interviews in London soon, don't stress about it, just go prepared and there won't be any problems. Good luck to ya's
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K3 Success!

Congratulations........
Old Feb 7th 2004, 11:14 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ric

I was handed the x-ray rolled up and taped and told to go to the embassy. The medical was done by 10:00am. Oh ya, I had to go visit Doc Phelan's famous toilet too - I won't spoil the surprise but it is amusing
Hahaha! I didn't get to visit the famous toilet. But somebody else got a surprise. A small boy who was there with his father hadn't locked the door when he decided to take a seat in there. Unfortunately for him I picked then to investigate the toilets. Unfortunately for me I didn't get much investigating done! A startled face is about all I remember seeing as I fled backwards.

Congratulations on the visa though. And yes, the Bryanston isn't exactly a pleasant experience. Staying in such a crappy hotel really didn't help the experience of 'the night before visa'!

CB
Old Feb 7th 2004, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

Patty Khadijah
Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:04 pm
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all

Congratualations guys!

Sounds like its going to be a fun time when its our turn there.

Jeff
Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:53 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Congrats to you Ric. I'm jealous (as you know ), but very happy for you.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 9:47 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Congratulations, what a great feeling!