London K-1 Visa Applications - Jan 2009 Questions

Wikiposts

London K-1 Visa Applications - Jan 2009 Questions

Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

elisa_emely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London K-1 Visa Applications - Jan 2009 Questions

Hey everyone.

so im brand new to this site but not brand new to the visa process so i'll fill you all in n maybe you could pass on some advice!!

well i met my fiance through his sister who is a good friend of mine last year in may then we went back and forth for 3 months at a time n decided to get married. so on the 1st of october we sent of our i-129f and i think it was in january (about the 12th) they approved it and then on the 25th of jan i got a letter from london telling me i can now send the rest of my forms when i was ready. they didnt send me a packet they just gave me a webiste (their webiste) so i had to work out everything i needed on my own. well i managed to send everything off on the 23rd of feb. i sent my DS-230 1, checklist and everything else like the 156, 156k, blah blah. so i just called them last week to make sure they got everything and they said all they have is the DS-230 part 1 and the checklist, so i was like what the heck thats odd. so baring in mind i sent the check list and ds230 in a different pack to the rest of my stuff i thought ok they havent updated the system.
soooo i just called them again today and now they are saying that they only have my DS-230. so not only do they not have everything else but they now say they dont have my checklist?! what the heck?? anyway, im going to call again on friday because i know for a fact they recieved it all cos i sent it next day recorded dilivery.

so now all im doing is waiting for my interview. ive had my medical, it was easy, very pain free and fast. haha.

if anyone knows how long i'll be waiting for my interview OR whats happened to my papers please let me know?? thanks.

Elisa
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elisa_emely
... i sent the check list and ds230 in a different pack to the rest of my stuff...
Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, but why did you send the stuff off in different packs?

...i know for a fact they recieved it all cos i sent it next day recorded dilivery.
If your stuff was sent in different packs, two completely different people may have your stuff... in which case, it's not surprising that the person answering the phone doesn't know that other stuff has also been received! I'm willing to bet that no one knows that they should combine it into one package.

Oh... and welcome to BE!

Ian
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, but why did you send the stuff off in different packs?

If your stuff was sent in different packs, two completely different people may have your stuff... in which case, it's not surprising that the person answering the phone doesn't know that other stuff has also been received! I'm willing to bet that no one knows that they should combine it into one package.

Oh... and welcome to BE!

Ian
haha thanks!!

oh because i had read something wrong on the website and didnt relise i had to send them all at the same time, i messed it up but i wrote my case number on the top of everything and on the envelope so i hope they will figure it out. i'll give them another week to put it all together. no one has mentioned that iv had my medical as well they just keep saying you then need to go for your medical. gah!!

thanks for your help.
Elisa
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

haha thanks!!

oh because i had read something wrong on the website and didnt relise i had to send them all at the same time, i messed it up but i wrote my case number on the top of everything and on the envelope so i hope they will figure it out. i'll give them another week to put it all together. no one has mentioned that iv had my medical as well they just keep saying you then need to go for your medical. gah!!

thanks for your help.
Elisa
The packet letter's website does list most of the items you need to get with down loadable forms too, its not very helpful with the I-134 though.

what stuff exactly did you send? All the documents you had to get for it your not suppose to send but take with you to the interview, it's just the forms and the checklist you send back.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
The packet letter's website does list most of the items you need to get with down loadable forms too, its not very helpful with the I-134 though.

what stuff exactly did you send? All the documents you had to get for it your not suppose to send but take with you to the interview, it's just the forms and the checklist you send back.
yeh its a rubbish site. ermmm i sent...

DS-230 part 1
IV-15
DS-156
DS-156k
DS-157

i think the ds-156k or DS-156 was duplicate.
ive just read somewhere that the DS-157 is for if your male hah but never mind better safe than sorry.

i have all the documents i need for my interview and all my evidence and things i didnt send them that. i have an i-134 (thats the evidence of support right?) they told me not to send them that and to just take it to the interview.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

yeh its a rubbish site. ermmm i sent...

DS-230 part 1
IV-15
DS-156
DS-156k
DS-157

i think the ds-156k or DS-156 was duplicate.
ive just read somewhere that the DS-157 is for if your male hah but never mind better safe than sorry.

i have all the documents i need for my interview and all my evidence and things i didnt send them that. i have an i-134 (thats the evidence of support right?) they told me not to send them that and to just take it to the interview.
Yes the DS-157 is for males only - this may confuse them a little bit and so they may be slower to respond while they work out whats what.

and Yes the I-134 and documents to go with it stay with you which you take to the interview.

Make sure you have a photocopy of everything though!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Yes the DS-157 is for males only - this may confuse them a little bit and so they may be slower to respond while they work out whats what.

and Yes the I-134 and documents to go with it stay with you which you take to the interview.

Make sure you have a photocopy of everything though!
yeh ive already photocopied them all.
gosh how come on the website when your downloading all this does it not say actually this DS-157 is for males only thats crazy. i guess they have to make it hard to make sure your real about it all and actually love the person your going to marry. im going to call again tomorrow and talk to them. surely they must relise you cross the female box on the forms and so then dissregarde something if it doesnt apply.
oh well. thanks for the help though! hope it doesnt take too much longer.!!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

yeh ive already photocopied them all.
gosh how come on the website when your downloading all this does it not say actually this DS-157 is for males only thats crazy. i guess they have to make it hard to make sure your real about it all and actually love the person your going to marry. im going to call again tomorrow and talk to them. surely they must relise you cross the female box on the forms and so then dissregarde something if it doesnt apply.
oh well. thanks for the help though! hope it doesnt take too much longer.!!
But they could assume you meant to cross the Male boxes!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

But they could assume you meant to cross the Male boxes!
hah if they do then they are all so retarded. theres a picture of me taped onto the DS-156 or K and im clearly not a man haha. thats funny.

thanks for the help!!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

hah if they do then they are all so retarded.
You laugh now... but you're making a classic beginner mistake. You've assumed that they're paid to think. The guy who opens the packet will look at the form... look at the picture... see that there's a mismatch, and likely send it back to you for clarification and refiling.

Ian
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

I've read a few posts on another forum saying that they're asking women to fill out a DS-157 at the interview in London if they haven't done so already.

The embassy's instructions also say that one has to be completed for each person; it doesn't say anything about gender.

I don't think it's going to be a problem.

Last edited by Marty J; Mar 17th 2009 at 8:32 am.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

DS-157 is not for men only - it's required for male non-immigrant visa applicants between the ages of 16 and 45 and optional, at the discretion of the consulate, for all non-immigrant visa applicants.

I don't know about the consulate in London, but I do know of at least one consulate that requires DS-157 for both men and women.

Regards, JEff

Yes the DS-157 is for males only

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Mar 17th 2009 at 8:47 am.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
DS-157 is not for men only - it's required for male non-immigrant visa applicants between the ages of 16 and 45 and optional, at the discretion of the consulate, for all non-immigrant visa applicants.

I don't know about the consulate in London, but I do know of at least one consulate that requires DS-157 for both men and women.

Regards, JEff
yeh, exactly, if it was for males only wouldnt it have said next to it MALES ONLY on the us london embassy webiste. im sure it will be fine. thanks for all the help everyone!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

bigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nice

Just a quick note to say I got approved yesterday in London!!! yeesssssss.
So its only a wait now till June till I can finish work and leave for California.
SOOO ready to be there! I handed in my resignation letter and just want to go..but "terms of contract"

I hope everyone else is progressing well. If you have any questions about the embassy interview, let me know.Its was painless and very straightforward - a bit of an anti-climax, but with a very happy result and If your lucky you might even see a few celebs getting their visas like I did.

J
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Now spill.. which celebs did you get to see? We've already had a Wiggles spotting, so you have to top that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.