Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Visa Applications - Jan 2009 Questions

Wikiposts

London K-1 Visa Applications - Jan 2009 Questions

Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:45 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Visa Applications - Jan 2009 Questions

Originally Posted by meauxna
FYI, that is overkill.

The transcripts are the IRS' copy of the tax return form you filed and they accepted.

If you submit photocopies of the returns you submitted (the actual forms) you MUST attach the wage statements W-2, 1099 and all schedules.

If you submit transcripts, that is all you need to submit. It is a more 'official' copy than photocopies of the returns.

There is apparently no penalty for submitting both, but only one or the other is required and I can't see a benefit to submitting both. I can imagine some downsides though.
Hi Meauxna, He brought both of them to the interview but they only took the I 134. They had him keep the evidence of support that he brought with him. Maybe it was over kill but I just wanted to be prepared.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Maybe it was over kill but I just wanted to be prepared.
I know you did.
We do want others to know the difference between 'required' and 'overkill to be prepared ala penguinbar standards'.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Hey everyone just another quick question about the K1!

I've gathered up all the documentation now for the interview apart from the I-134, then I was reading the embassy www it says this:

Applicants Own Funds

An applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal financial resources may submit to the consular officer evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following sources:

* bank statement showing present balance of applicant's account, date account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year. If there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation thereof should be given

Now I have a bank a/c from working there last summer and was wondering if I could just use that at this point to self sponsor, it doesn't seem to say anywhere how much you need in it to self sponsor and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?!

Thanks

Sophie
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:23 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Hey everyone just another quick question about the K1!

I've gathered up all the documentation now for the interview apart from the I-134, then I was reading the embassy www it says this:

Applicants Own Funds

An applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal financial resources may submit to the consular officer evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following sources:

* bank statement showing present balance of applicant's account, date account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year. If there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation thereof should be given

Now I have a bank a/c from working there last summer and was wondering if I could just use that at this point to self sponsor, it doesn't seem to say anywhere how much you need in it to self sponsor and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?!

Thanks

Sophie
i am assuming you would have to at least meet the poverty guidelines...around 17-18k??
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Thanks!

Thats what I was thinking but then it doesn't mention any figures and also it just seems to be an amount that will stop you becoming a 'public charge' after you enter the US and before you AOS where you have to do the I-864.

Seeming you have to get married within 90 days and then you normally file straight away for AOS I was just wondering what amount of $ was acceptable to have for that period of time.

Maybe it would just be easier to get the I-134 filled in after all
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible to self-sponsor through London (I did it last year), however they won't give a minimum amount that is required, it's up to the ConOff on the day to decide if what you have is enough.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! Think I'll try and self sponsor but then take the I-134 from my fiancé and his mother to so I am totally prepared!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 2:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Think I'll try and self sponsor but then take the I-134 from my fiancé and his mother to so I am totally prepared!
Perfect way to go about it.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2009, 2:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

S,

I know that people like to call it "self sponsor", I don't know why. In reality it's no sponsor required.

Anyway, I agree with Rene that you've got exactly the right idea. Good luck with it.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

bigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nice

Ok so I am getting prepped for my interview a week tommorow, a little nervous though looking forward to getting it done. I have to leave this friday to go down to London, and busy most of week, so really only have the next few days to make sure I have everything I need and dont leave any essentials out.

Here is a list of the things I am putting into one expanding folder..feel free to tell me if iam missing something or if its overkill or any advice that may be of use.

- Passport and copy of Fiances passport
- Birth Certificates ( Mine and my fiancee's)
- Invite to interview letter
- Police certificate ( plus photocopy)
- One copy of DS-156/ DS-156k / DS-157/ DS-230
- NOA1 and NOA2
- I-134 affidavit of support with IRS tax return transcripts ( '07, '06, '05)
W2 for 2008 , Savings account statement, Checking account statement
Letter from my fiancees work stating salary etc.
- Fiance and Fiancee letter of intent signed this month
- Originals of the photos, plane stubs, tickets etc used in the I-129F application package ( Should I include the copy that we made of the whole I-129F package that we sent in????)
- Wedding reception contract, engagement cards, photos of recent trips stuck onto card and labelled with dates etc. Engagement ring receipt, Phone bills, screen shots of email inbox.

Think thats about it, fingers crossed i havent missed anything. :-(
Thanks in advance

Jon
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

BigTicket this is my checklist:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=12

hope that helps

How long after your medical did you get your interview?

Good luck!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

bigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nicebigticket77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
BigTicket this is my checklist:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=12

hope that helps

How long after your medical did you get your interview?

Good luck!
Thanks. I had my medical on March 6th, got letter on March 5th to say interview was 23rd.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigticket77
Thanks. I had my medical on March 6th, got letter on March 5th to say interview was 23rd.
Cool, so not long after the medical - when did you send the forms for the interview?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Cool, so not long after the medical - when did you send the forms for the interview?
I sent off the DS forms etc on Feb 3rd and sent the checklist about a week later.

Not much response on the checklist of things.. does the list look ok? anything missing? - does anyone know if I should include a whole copy of the I-129F package? or does the embassy have that already?

Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:06 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. They kept the photocopy of my husbands birth certificate. I noticed you didn't mention that you have a photocopy of that. Also no mobile phones in the embassy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.