London Interview question?

London Interview question?

Old May 14th 2004, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

margyw will become famous soon enough
Default Re: London Interview question?

Originally posted by RICHJEN
Hi
I sent "packet3" forms back on 4th May, WITH the declaration of all documents, but WITHOUT having the police report yet(!)(40 days is up today so i expect to see it soon).

I got pkt 4 on 11th May with interview date set for 15th June. This despite the fact that i rang the £1.30/min embassy number on 10th and was told my case had not been updated and it normally takes "several weeks". ie the nice scottish service centre doesnt neccessarily have up to date info what london have done AARGH - reinforces my belief that such phonecalls are a waste of time.
Anyway - got a month now for the police to get their finger out. Hoping the little white lie wont proove to be a problem:-)
And my honey is here this week and next, so I can forget the process for a few days. In fact what am i doing on expats now!!!
All the best
Rich
(i know - update my timeline!)
Oh I hope you get your police notice soon and yes your right those phone calls to the embassy nymber are a waste of time. It is ok for reaffirming simple stuff,but dont ask too hard a question,they get confused......anyway have a lovely time with your fiance)
Old May 15th 2004, 6:53 am
PBW
Just Joined

PBW is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as waiting for your police report, i remember it took my British fiancé about 40 days. Also if you need any court reports don't forget about getting them either.

Last edited by PBW; May 15th 2004 at 6:56 am.
Old May 15th 2004, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PBW
As far as waiting for your police report, i remember it took my British fiancé about 40 days. Also if you need any court reports don't forget about getting them either.
I dont have any convictions,that one I am sure of lol

I think I may have to take a chance and send back packet 3 with my court order saying I have full custody and a letter from my solicitor stating the date for my permission from the court.
Hopefully,they will be kind enough to give me a date after the 2nd of August
Old May 16th 2004, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by margyw
I dont have any convictions,that one I am sure of lol

I think I may have to take a chance and send back packet 3 with my court order saying I have full custody and a letter from my solicitor stating the date for my permission from the court.
Hopefully,they will be kind enough to give me a date after the 2nd of August

Hi again,now that we have a few more people here, has anyone successfully rescheduled or requested and interview date?

Thanks
Old May 16th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

shona66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by margyw
Hi again,now that we have a few more people here, has anyone successfully rescheduled or requested and interview date?

Thanks

Hi Margy
I'm having just about as much luck as you are at finding anything out at the moment. I need to have my interview (so I've finally found out ) either the last week in June or first week in July. The reasons as you know-I need that bloody permission letter!!! My son will be on year 6 school journey and needs to go the medical and finally Jeff wants to be with me when I go and that is the only time he can be here. I've decided to send them off over the next few days-It's driving me mad looking at them

Oh yeah and another problem. I think I need to fill out a DS157 form for my son who's 16. Wasn't sent one tho. No point in e-mailing the Embassy as you know. Let me know if you have any answers to this mystery .

Thanks Shona
Old May 16th 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by shona66
Hi Margy
I'm having just about as much luck as you are at finding anything out at the moment. I need to have my interview (so I've finally found out ) either the last week in June or first week in July. The reasons as you know-I need that bloody permission letter!!! My son will be on year 6 school journey and needs to go the medical and finally Jeff wants to be with me when I go and that is the only time he can be here. I've decided to send them off over the next few days-It's driving me mad looking at them

Oh yeah and another problem. I think I need to fill out a DS157 form for my son who's 16. Wasn't sent one tho. No point in e-mailing the Embassy as you know. Let me know if you have any answers to this mystery .

Thanks Shona

I am not sure Shona,but the DS157 is for a male to fill in,not sure whether that would be for a child male or if it is just for the beneficiary to fill in?
Have a look and see if you can download it,then you will find out.
I did read on here that a lady tried to set a date for interview,before sending in packet 3,but I dont know how that went.
Shona,if you look at one of my replies on visa.com,someone there went without a permission letter,but was allowed to send it in the next week. Then the k2 was issued and sent on.

Take care

Margy
Old May 16th 2004, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
Roger.. did you have the letter from your exwife notorized?