Reload this Page >

London Interview question?

London Interview question?

Old May 13th 2004, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

margyw will become famous soon enough
Default London Interview question?

Hi everyone,
I recieved my packet 3 today. We are hoping to get married on the 28th August. I have a problem in that I can not return packet 3 untill I have all the infomation needed. I am in court August the 2nd,when I should get permission to take the children. I have full custody of the children and they are to live with me,by order of the court till they are 16,which is when the matter leaves the court. My ex has at the moment,no contact. He was getting supervised contact,but that was stopped after he was aggressive with the staff at the centre.
I am going to ask London if they can schedule me an interview date just after the 2nd of August,does anyone think this is possible and any tips or advice in what to write to them. I cant seem to get to talk with anyone,other that the operators in Scotland who cant answer individual cases.
Any help or advise,would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Margy
Old May 13th 2004, 4:38 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: London Interview question?

The London consulate are usually very helpful and try to work with you as much as possible when scheduling interviews.
They will not even consider scheduling an interview until they have received packet 3 back, but once you have mailed it, you should email them. They tend to respond the same day.

[email protected]
Old May 13th 2004, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by CharlieS
The London consulate are usually very helpful and try to work with you as much as possible when scheduling interviews.
They will not even consider scheduling an interview until they have received packet 3 back, but once you have mailed it, you should email them. They tend to respond the same day.

[email protected]
Thanks for your reply. London dont seem to be answering any of there emails lately. I know people off visa.journey have sent lots and none have had anything back, I know London are usually fast with there replies. I just hope they havent done away with this service for some reason.
Thanks again for reply, I am just worried that I wont get an interview abit on advance of the wedding
Old May 13th 2004, 8:13 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by margyw
Hi everyone,
I recieved my packet 3 today. We are hoping to get married on the 28th August. I have a problem in that I can not return packet 3 untill I have all the infomation needed. I am in court August the 2nd,when I should get permission to take the children. I have full custody of the children and they are to live with me,by order of the court till they are 16,which is when the matter leaves the court. My ex has at the moment,no contact. He was getting supervised contact,but that was stopped after he was aggressive with the staff at the centre.
I am going to ask London if they can schedule me an interview date just after the 2nd of August,does anyone think this is possible and any tips or advice in what to write to them. I cant seem to get to talk with anyone,other that the operators in Scotland who cant answer individual cases.

Thanks in advance

Margy

Hey Margy!!

I am sorry your ex is acting like that.
I wish you nothing but the best!!
Keep us updated!!
Take care!
Old May 13th 2004, 8:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS

[email protected]
THERE YOU ARE!!!
Charlie the tuna is back!! yipe yipe!!
I though you forgot all about us
Old May 13th 2004, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Margy!!

I am sorry your ex is acting like that.
I wish you nothing but the best!!
Keep us updated!!
Take care!

Thanks alot, I will let you know how things go
Old May 13th 2004, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Peachbythebeach is an unknown quantity at this point

margy I'm searching the site but still no luck....

Can anyone tell us if she can check off 'will follow' for the kids at her interview if she does not yet have the custody decree??
Old May 13th 2004, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Peachbythebeach
margy I'm searching the site but still no luck....

Can anyone tell us if she can check off 'will follow' for the kids at her interview if she does not yet have the custody decree??

Thanks Corinne,
I do have a court paper stating that I have full custody and will till the children are 16. I was thinking of getting my solcitor to write a letter for me,which I could enclose with packet 3,saying that I have full custody and will be getting permission for removal on the 2nd of August,do anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks again Corinne
Old May 13th 2004, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Corinne,
I do have a court paper stating that I have full custody and will till the children are 16. I was thinking of getting my solcitor to write a letter for me,which I could enclose with packet 3,saying that I have full custody and will be getting permission for removal on the 2nd of August,do anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks again Corinne

Hi has anyone else sent in packet 3 without it being complete?
Going crazy here,so close,yet so far
Old May 13th 2004, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Amir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really nice

Hi has anyone else sent in packet 3 without it being complete?
Going crazy here,so close,yet so far

Hi everyone,

What is packet 3 exactly? I am applying for K1 visa (she is American, I am British) and I received the forms DS-230, DS-156, DS-156k and DS-157. It says in the letter from the embassy that I should fill the forms and return them which I did. I've now got all the required the documents except the police cert. which hasn't arrived yet. Do the US consulate people send confirmation that they received my forms?
Apparently it says in their letter that the documents are needed on the day of the interview.

I share your frustration Margyw. I am so close but not quite there yet.
Old May 13th 2004, 11:35 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Amir_R

What is packet 3 exactly? ...I received the forms DS-230, DS-156, DS-156k and DS-157...
Those are the forms that make up 'packet 3' - the first packet you receive from the Embassy.

Do the US consulate people send confirmation that they received my forms?
Yes, you will receive 'packet 4' which will contain details and a date for your medical and interview.

Apparently it says in their letter that the documents are needed on the day of the interview.
Yes, they are.
Old May 13th 2004, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Amir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really nice

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Those are the forms that make up 'packet 3' - the first packet you receive from the Embassy.

Yes, you will receive 'packet 4' which will contain details and a date for your medical and interview.

Yes, they are.

Thanks FlyGirl.
I guess I wont receive packet 4 just yet until I send them decleration that I have all the documents ready.
I do wish the police would harry up. I've been waiting for the police cert. since 8th of April!
My girlfriend is loosing patience :-(
Old May 14th 2004, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I appreciate your comments regarding your ex not being very co-operative so this may be irrelevant.
However I bought my 17 year old daughter with me and all we needed was a letter from my ex-wife giving permission.
In actual fact at our interview I reeived an RFE as I didn't realise I had to do this. However I went back the following week with a letter from my ex (no appointment needed) and bingo, visas issued.
I guess my point is that you seem to have far more "evidence" eg: legal custody, than I had, and mine was no problem

Good luck
Margy
Old May 14th 2004, 1:36 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amir_R
Thanks FlyGirl.
I guess I wont receive packet 4 just yet until I send them decleration that I have all the documents ready.
I do wish the police would harry up. I've been waiting for the police cert. since 8th of April!
My girlfriend is loosing patience :-(
Hi
I sent "packet3" forms back on 4th May, WITH the declaration of all documents, but WITHOUT having the police report yet(!)(40 days is up today so i expect to see it soon).

I got pkt 4 on 11th May with interview date set for 15th June. This despite the fact that i rang the £1.30/min embassy number on 10th and was told my case had not been updated and it normally takes "several weeks". ie the nice scottish service centre doesnt neccessarily have up to date info what london have done AARGH - reinforces my belief that such phonecalls are a waste of time.
Anyway - got a month now for the police to get their finger out. Hoping the little white lie wont proove to be a problem:-)
And my honey is here this week and next, so I can forget the process for a few days. In fact what am i doing on expats now!!!
All the best
Rich
(i know - update my timeline!)
Old May 14th 2004, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by RICHJEN
Hi
I sent "packet3" forms back on 4th May, WITH the declaration of all documents, but WITHOUT having the police report yet(!)(40 days is up today so i expect to see it soon).

I got pkt 4 on 11th May with interview date set for 15th June. This despite the fact that i rang the £1.30/min embassy number on 10th and was told my case had not been updated and it normally takes "several weeks". ie the nice scottish service centre doesnt neccessarily have up to date info what london have done AARGH - reinforces my belief that such phonecalls are a waste of time.
Anyway - got a month now for the police to get their finger out. Hoping the little white lie wont proove to be a problem:-)
And my honey is here this week and next, so I can forget the process for a few days. In fact what am i doing on expats now!!!
All the best
Rich
(i know - update my timeline!)
Rich,

Sorry to hear of the continuing saga about your police report. This doesn't look good at all. I had hoped that I would have my report by now and the interview before the end of May. But it seems from what you are saying that the process will take another month at least, may be more. I thought I read somewhere that once the decleration for the documents is sent to the embassy, the interview is arranged within two weeks.
Well this is bad news. Grrrrrr.

Last edited by Amir_R; May 14th 2004 at 5:32 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.