Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London interview-marriage certificate

London interview-marriage certificate

Old Jun 13th 2002, 9:29 pm
Maria.Kirwan

Default London interview-marriage certificate

Hi everyone, I emailed the newsgroup the other day with my interveiw date for a K1
visa in London, 27 June. Reading throught the appointment letter, under documents it
says to bring a "marriage certificate and divorce decree .. for any previous
marriage". My fiance was married before and brought over his divorce decree on his
last trip, but doesnt have his marriage certificate. Does the statement on the letter
apply only to me (ie. if I had been married before) or do they also require his
previous marriage certificate.

Anyone experienced this before, as my interview is in two weeks. Thanks, maria.

Old Jun 13th 2002, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: London interview-marriage certificate

Going through the process myself.
When I sent in my original paperwork, I sent in my
current marriage certificate and previous divorce papers
(they didn't ask for or question that I hadn't sent in the
marriage certificate for my former marriage)
So I don't think that is relevant.
Hopefully someone else will confirm this.
Old Jun 13th 2002, 11:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Can't verify the UK procedures, but for Canada I, the USC, did not give him my former marriage certificate. Only gave him the divorce decree.

Rita
Old Jun 14th 2002, 5:20 am
Michele Sharik

Ditto. My husband & I both included our divorce decrees and our current marriage
cert. No problem.

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Going through the process myself. When I sent in my original paperwork, I sent in
    > my current marriage certificate and previous divorce papers (they didn't ask for or
    > question that I hadn't sent in the marriage certificate for my former marriage) So
    > I don't think that is relevant. Hopefully someone else will confirm this.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 15th 2002, 2:20 pm
Steve Millward

You only will need the divorce decrees. Thats all I took to my interview in London.
They need proof that any previous marriages are over.

Old Jun 18th 2002, 12:20 am
Cliveyandsheshe

I may be wrong, but in the I-129f petition he should have at least had a copy of his
marriage license. They do state that you must have originals upon request. They may
not ask you for it but if they do you wont have it. Tell your fiance to go to the
court house where he obtained the marriage license and they will give him a certified
copy on the spot and he can then mail it to you. I am in the U.K. visiting right now
and just sent off my I-129f petition yesterday. I needed a copy of my marriage
license and I just called the court house, they even offered to post it here in the
U.K. to me. I just had them send it to mom and she sent to me, but really it should
be easy to get and you wouldn't have to worry about if they will ask you for it.

Sheila