Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Interview & financial info.

Wikiposts

London Interview & financial info.

Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:55 am
Just Joined

nakota is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Interview & financial info.

I'm very confused about something,and wondering if there's been anyone in this same situation.I'm an american marrying an englishman.We were approved for the k-1 on my end.Now my fiance' is finishing paperwork to turn in for his interview in London (time is up in Aug.)Our attorney says we are NOT to turn in MY income info in on the application.Well,earlier his office says if I need to have a joint sponsor then do so,because I am his sponsor as well.Well,I have kids!So I ask what my income needs to be (due to family size) and do I need a joint sponsor?
They now say today,that we are to NOT submit this info as that only falls into an I-129,and we do not need to fill that out,it's not needed to get him here.Are we missing something?Any help / input would be so appreciated !!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Interview & financial info.

Originally Posted by nakota
I'm very confused about something,and wondering if there's been anyone in this same situation.I'm an american marrying an englishman.We were approved for the k-1 on my end.Now my fiance' is finishing paperwork to turn in for his interview in London (time is up in Aug.)Our attorney says we are NOT to turn in MY income info in on the application.Well,earlier his office says if I need to have a joint sponsor then do so,because I am his sponsor as well.Well,I have kids!So I ask what my income needs to be (due to family size) and do I need a joint sponsor?
They now say today,that we are to NOT submit this info as that only falls into an I-129,and we do not need to fill that out,it's not needed to get him here.Are we missing something?Any help / input would be so appreciated !!
If your UK fiance has enough assets or savings to show on his side, it's true that you do not need to submit an I-134 for him. He can basically "self-sponsor". It's up to the ConOff to decide if the amount he has is acceptable.

Personally, I'd rather be prepared with an I-134 from you, and a joint sponsor if necessary, just in case the ConOff says he can't self-sponsor.

You WILL need to be his sponsor (or have a joint sponsor) for the I-864 when it comes time to do his AOS after you marry in the USA.

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your input Rene, my knees have been shaking over this.I'm just concerned about a joint sponsor.To me,that's alot to ask of someone this late in the game.We've had well wishers...but....joint sponsorhip?I feel our attorney/office should have prepared us for that thought last year when we applied and gave our concerns.I know they are busy,but 'cmon!At least answer emails with genuine concerns like this.Ah well,nothing new,eh?I'm still thankful we've got this far,I just need to be sure of my household size.The attorney says to not bother with it now,to wait till we're married and have to do the I-864.We just want to be safe and not risk a single thing,it's not worth it.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Your post does NOT make a lick of sense. The I-29F is YOUR petition and you already stated it has been approved. Your UK Fiancee is doing the K-1 Visa procedure on his end. You do not need the I-134 for the I-129F but it is needed for the K-1 visa in the UK.

Look at the USCIS website and they will give you the amount of income you need for a family your size. Be sure to add your fiancee into the equation.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your input Rene, my knees have been shaking over this.I'm just concerned about a joint sponsor.To me,that's alot to ask of someone this late in the game.We've had well wishers...but....joint sponsorhip?I feel our attorney/office should have prepared us for that thought last year when we applied and gave our concerns.I know they are busy,but 'cmon!At least answer emails with genuine concerns like this.Ah well,nothing new,eh?I'm still thankful we've got this far,I just need to be sure of my household size.The attorney says to not bother with it now,to wait till we're married and have to do the I-864.We just want to be safe and not risk a single thing,it's not worth it.

The I-134 is not binding. The I-864 is binding. The I-864 can include your then husband if you have been living together for six months. If not, then you have responsible for it all and you can't do it, you complete your I-864 with whatever income you have and then submit another I-864 from a co-sponsor.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The I-134 is not binding. The I-864 is binding. The I-864 can include your then husband if you have been living together for six months. If not, then you have responsible for it all and you can't do it, you complete your I-864 with whatever income you have and then submit another I-864 from a co-sponsor.
The I-864 can include the alien spouse's income as long as they are married...the 6 months living together no longer applies.

Rene
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Thank You both for your input,I know it sounds confusing.I believe the person at the law office got lost in translation.The majority of the people in the office speak mainly Spanish,never answer calls and cannot understand my fiance'.So,I may have gotten wrong info.We'll have my info,and add someone if needed.That's what the site says,and that's what we'll go by.Its not worth risking them to say fiance's savings isn't enough.(if so)Sorry for the length,and for sounding way too confusing.At times,I think it would have been easier for him to do on his own.Ah well.Thanks again