Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London DCF - RFE response time?

London DCF - RFE response time?

Old Mar 22nd 2019, 9:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London DCF - RFE response time?

Originally Posted by hhrk
Oh well. Given I’ve already sent off the information I guess we’ll have to just wait an see. We don’t have any shared assets because we were both students and then he moved in with me to my parents’ house (so no lease or anything like that).
Wills naming each other as beneficiaries? Ditto life insurance? Being named drivers on each others car insurance? It doesn't have to be utility bills if you don't have any, but any official paperwork you can think of.
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 9:41 am
Just Joined

hhrk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this - it’s too late now, as I’ve already submitted, but I guess if I have to appeal a denial then I have evidence such as being on each other’s life insurance and dental insurance.
Old Mar 28th 2019, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Got a reply from USCIS saying that they never received my RFE response package (even though I have proof from Royal Mail that they delivered it and it was signed for - must have been lost internally). Guess I’ll have to send the package again, so thanks for the tips above; I’ll add in some more items.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Resent package and got a I-171 approval notice! Included some of our life insurance docs along with the other stuff. Anyone know how long it takes to receive LND visa number post-notice of approval from USCIS?
Old Apr 30th 2019, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

swedey2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hhrk
Hi,
I recently filed an I-130 for a CR1 visa and received an RFE for proof of relationship. I sent back two affidavits of support and a selection of photos of the course of our relationship. I was surprised about the RFE because I had heard that London USCIS wasn’t particularly interested in such proof. Anyway, does anyone have an idea of the time line for their responding to the information? We have emailed twice and received no response.
Thanks!
If it makes you feel any better I got caught out by that too. I followed the checklist to the letter and attached all docs on the checklist "firmly in the following order" of which this evidence was not one. I had also read on another USCIS London document that they are not happy If you send them anything not asked for.

I pride myself on admin and form filling so was crestfallen to get the RFE! Not sure whether 1. The rules changed between submission and review (they have updated checklist since), 2. This was always expected to be sent and I stuck too rigidly to checklist or 3. The petition raised red flags which meant they wanted more info to make their decision

Oh well....