Reload this Page >

London DCF - RFE response time?

London DCF - RFE response time?

Old Mar 20th 2019, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

hhrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London DCF - RFE response time?

Hi,
I recently filed an I-130 for a CR1 visa and received an RFE for proof of relationship. I sent back two affidavits of support and a selection of photos of the course of our relationship. I was surprised about the RFE because I had heard that London USCIS wasn’t particularly interested in such proof. Anyway, does anyone have an idea of the time line for their responding to the information? We have emailed twice and received no response.
Thanks!
Old Mar 20th 2019, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London DCF - RFE response time?

Of course, they are interested in proof of relationship. What is less concerning to them is proof that the USC is attempting to re-establish residency in the US. The affidavit of support is not proof of a relationship and is not required until the day of the interview.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, by affadavit of support I meant two sworn statements from friends/family on the ongoing validity of our marriage. Thanks!
Old Mar 20th 2019, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, gotcha! As for the length of time it will take, it appears that is like asking about the length of a piece of thread. It is the early days since you just now submitted the I-130. I'm assuming you are living in the UK with your British spouse. Will you be staying with them until the process is finished? Or will you be returning to the US before then?
Old Mar 20th 2019, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

I-130 submitted in early December, and the RFE received in late February. Most people seemed to have their cases adjudicated following an RFE within a week or so, looking at timelines, but those may be stale data points.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Since the DCF process is so 'quick', it is assumed if the evidence submitted is (no, you don't receive anything to indicate it is sufficient) then you will receive an approval in about 2-3 months.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Got it, so I should expect to wait a further 2-3 months (it is already 3 months since I submitted etc)
Old Mar 20th 2019, 7:08 pm
Concierge

As for most things involving the government, waiting is the worse part of the process. I wouldn't think you have to wait a full 3 months for approval. 4 to 6 weeks seems about right. Use this time to get yourself together to be able to have your medical, etc. by getting vaccinations updated, your medical summary from your doctor, your police clearance certificate (ARCO), etc. Once you have the approval and the IND number you can book your medical and your interview date.

Also be glad that you still have this opportunity. Recent reads say the DCF will become obsolete soon and everyone will have to go through the US for approval of the I-130 which takes 8 to 12 months and then go through the US Consulate.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your guidance on this! Much appreciated. Frustrating to have to wait a few more months but better than waiting a year!
Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW affidavits from friends is considered secondary evidence.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

What do you mean by ‘secondary evidence’?
Old Mar 21st 2019, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is Primary and Secondary evidence, affidavits from other people would in the latter category after all I could let you have one for a small fee. I take Paypal.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Got it. Well, I hope that the two affidavits and the photo timeline will be enough. I suppose there is not much I can do now.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 11:48 pm
Concierge

You don't have a lease together? Own a car together? Aren't under the same mobile phone contract? Share a bank account? These are examples of primary evidence.
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Oh well. Given I’ve already sent off the information I guess we’ll have to just wait an see. We don’t have any shared assets because we were both students and then he moved in with me to my parents’ house (so no lease or anything like that).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.